Windows 10: Complete PC Loss Upon Update

Discus and support Complete PC Loss Upon Update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, Long story short.. Just bought new Asus 705DY,16gb ddr4,Win10 Home,Ryzen5.. Windows updated Security update and a feature i Believe also, And... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by nathanhillyer, Nov 4, 2019.

1. Complete PC Loss Upon Update

Hello,

Long story short..

Just bought new Asus 705DY,16gb ddr4,Win10 Home,Ryzen5..

Windows updated Security update and a feature i Believe also, And upon Required Restart Blue screen problems collecting info..

Restarted again got to desktop and unable press buttons without lockup/bluescreen.

Automatic repairs unable to locate restore point/system image/ followed by Unable to find O.S.

The Bios seems to function but Complete loss of Thousands of dollars in software and new PC Software that came installed.

I have warranty but not sure it will cover this.

Am i at the mercy of trusted MUA and to Eat this loss? Not sure anything can repair this but advise would b grand!

Thank you very much.

:)

nathanhillyer, Nov 4, 2019
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Complete PC Loss Upon Update :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Nov 4, 2019
  3. PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Nov 4, 2019
  4. btarunr Win User

Complete PC Loss Upon Update

Crucial Releases "000F" Firmware Update for M4 SSD, Enhances Power-Loss Protection

Crucial is known for issuing firmware updates for its M4 series SSDs that bring significant improvements, be it the 0009 update that introduced performance improvements by as much as 20%, or the 0309 update that fixed a lot of BSOD instability issues. Introduced on Wednesday, the newest firmware update, "000F", introduces the following changes:
    • Improved compatibility with certain SAS expanders and peripheral RAID cards.
    • Improved throughput stability under extremely heavy workloads.
    • Improved data protection in the event of unexpected, asynchronous power loss.
    With higher performance, improved OS-level stability, and now with higher throughput stability and improved data protection in the event of power loss, Crucial M4 is closer to being the perfect consumer SSD.

DOWNLOAD: Crucial M4 000F Firmware Update Windows 7 Updater Utility, Manual Boot File, Instructions

btarunr, Nov 4, 2019
Thema:

Complete PC Loss Upon Update

1. Complete PC Loss Upon Update - Similar Threads - Complete Loss Upon

2. Sudden and complete loss of bluetooth functionality

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sudden and complete loss of bluetooth functionality: Hello,I have a laptop that has Bluetooth enabled that I've been using for years without any major Bluetooth problems.Earlier today, I was listening to music via YouTube Music and browsing on Chrome troubleshooting my WIFI connection since my PC had a tough time connecting to...
  3. Sudden and complete loss of bluetooth functionality

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sudden and complete loss of bluetooth functionality: Hello,I have a laptop that has Bluetooth enabled that I've been using for years without any major Bluetooth problems.Earlier today, I was listening to music via YouTube Music and browsing on Chrome troubleshooting my WIFI connection since my PC had a tough time connecting to...
  4. Sudden and complete loss of bluetooth functionality

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Windows 11 update 23H2 results in complete loss of function

Windows 11 update 23H2 results in complete loss of function: Windows installed the 23H2 update on my laptop. Immediately it became unstable, windows Explorer crashed constantly, and there were multiple driver conflicts. The drivers required manual updates however Nvidia driver would not update. Bios updated also along with AMD driver...
  6. Update this PC is not complete

Update this PC is not complete: Trying to update everyday but it keeps getting error 0xC1900204. I have Windows 10 Home which is laptop and I have strong connection so it should install but no. I got error 0xC1900204 and I cant seems to address it. I run troubleshooter and remove anti-virus without any...
  7. Update this PC is not complete

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update this PC is not complete: Trying to update everyday but it keeps getting error 0xC1900204. I have Windows 10 Home which is laptop and I have strong connection so it should install but no. I got error 0xC1900204 and I cant seems to address it. I run troubleshooter and remove anti-virus without any...
  8. Update this PC is not complete

in Windows 10 Gaming
  9. Loss of data upon saving file or downloading

in Windows 10 Support
    Loss of data upon saving file or downloading: Hi, I'm experiencing a very obscure issue that I have never seen before. Whenever I save a file, I've noticed that some text is either removed or duplicated. If I download a file from my server, the file will be missing data as well. I have tried other FTP clients and I get...
  10. Complete Loss of Admin Rights

in Windows 10 Customization
    Complete Loss of Admin Rights: Have been on windows X on personal PC since it was released, with regular updates. Upgraded and have Digital license, etc. Same computer. Discovered today no longer have admin access and don't have privileges to manage user accounts nor activate the administrator....