Windows 10: Complete reset/wipe of laptop

Discus and support Complete reset/wipe of laptop in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi i have a Windows 10 hp laptop that i have recently replaced, and wish to fully take back to factory settings for then to set up again as a second... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by GruntingCash893, Jul 21, 2020.

1. Complete reset/wipe of laptop

Hi

i have a Windows 10 hp laptop that i have recently replaced, and wish to fully take back to factory settings for then to set up again as a second usable laptop.

i have always had problems with freezing etc. I wish to do a complete and full clear and reset.

my query is i let a local computer shop try and fix my freezing. In reality i believe all they create another partition or account on the hard drive, rather than find the actual fault or reset.

so what i need to know is what do i need to do when resetting to clear and layers, partitions or hard drive adjustments that the IT shop played with etc.

i know there are plenty of options, but need to totally clear whatever this IT shop played with, and then obviously do i need to get any reference numbers from anywhere to re-install windows 10.

i have already backed up all needed info.

thanks in advance

Richie

:)

GruntingCash893, Jul 21, 2020
  2. Kursah Win User

Google Chrome keeps resetting bookmarks position

Can you list what tasks/steps you've done thus far in your attempt to resolve it?

Have you logged off your profile (if using Sync) and done a complete wipe of the browser?

How about uninstall and then wipe any remaining data?

Do you have another device you can sort on that it works fine or you could test with?

Kursah, Jul 21, 2020
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Complete reset/wipe of laptop :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Jul 21, 2020
  4. Complete reset/wipe of laptop

laptop vista complete restore

Backup your important data and games and do a complete reinstall is someone suggested. This will help clean up clogged registry keys that are useless and slows down your PC and also wiping out undetectable spywares or viruses.

spearman914, Jul 21, 2020
Thema:

Complete reset/wipe of laptop

1. Complete reset/wipe of laptop - Similar Threads - Complete reset wipe

2. Complete Wipe Restart Loop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Complete Wipe Restart Loop: Okay, so it was possibly my own fault for this. But here’s what happened.I have my sisters old laptop. I was going to do a fresh restart— wipe all personal files and such. I got past the region, timezone, keyboard set up. But then I had for force shut it down because I didn’t...
  3. Complete Wipe Restart Loop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Complete Wipe Restart Loop: Okay, so it was possibly my own fault for this. But here’s what happened.I have my sisters old laptop. I was going to do a fresh restart— wipe all personal files and such. I got past the region, timezone, keyboard set up. But then I had for force shut it down because I didn’t...
  4. Complete Wipe Restart Loop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How To Wipe My Laptop Completely Clean No Name No Nothing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How To Wipe My Laptop Completely Clean No Name No Nothing: I am selling this laptop and I am literally trying to wipe it clean, and make it a whole new laptop just as if it came out the box. Thank you. submitted by /u/gravedigger777 [link] [comments]...
  6. Need help completely wiping a windows 10 laptop

Need help completely wiping a windows 10 laptop: I'm planning to give this laptop away as a christmas gift here's the problem its one of those laptops in which the OS takes up more than half of the space I tired to reset it to factory setting and it says I need 4GB of space free to do it I've tried everything from running...
  7. My laptop just completely reset

My laptop just completely reset: Everything that wasn’t on the os is gone please help submitted by /u/Redstorm597 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/h7yo8l/my_laptop_just_completely_reset/
  8. Windows 10 Reset (Complete Wipe) 9 December 2019

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Reset (Complete Wipe) 9 December 2019: I'm trying to locate a Fix for Microsofts Play Store, which I can normally find by pressing the Windows Key on my keyboard. Since resetting Windows 10, with a Clean wipe, I've been unable to locate the "Microsoft Play Store" on my computer. Please Help....
  9. Automatic Update Completely Wiped My Laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Automatic Update Completely Wiped My Laptop: Last night, there was an automatic update on my laptop. When I woke up this morning, there was a message informing me that I needed to install an operating system. Which should not be the case, because I ALREADY HAD WINDOWS 10. After that message, my computer attempted to...
  10. How to wipe files completely from laptop?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to wipe files completely from laptop?: I have document on my computer and they are documents and also pictures/videos on my computer. Many of the documents are private documents so i just axcrypt to encrypt it. However, how do i delete all these files without any trace on computer? Do i just press delete, recycle...