Windows 10: Complete restart and Blue Windows logo on laptop every time I close the lid

Discus and support Complete restart and Blue Windows logo on laptop every time I close the lid in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Vega2Bad [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Vega2Bad, Apr 11, 2020.

1. Complete restart and Blue Windows logo on laptop every time I close the lid

/u/Vega2Bad, Apr 11, 2020
  2. Ruz San Win User

Laptop restarts after closing the lid

Hi,

It appears that your laptop hibernates when you close its lid. This feature terminates running processes on your machine since it allows the system to use very little power. If
    Do nothing is already selected for Choose what closing the lid does
    in Power Options, let's try to make hibernation unavailable. Follow these steps:

• Right-click on the Windows icon on your home screen.
    • Select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Click Yes if you get a prompt window.
    • Type powercfg.exe /hibernate off then press Enter.
    See if this will prevent the laptop from hibernating when you close the lid.

Let us know how it turns out.

Ruz San, Apr 11, 2020
  3. Windows 10 laptop restart after closing lid

When I close the laptop lid then later switch it back on, it does not ask for Pin when it restarts. It just restarts windows 10 completely with no security check.

How do I make it ask for the Pin?

DodgeyDave, Apr 11, 2020
  4. wiganken Win User

Complete restart and Blue Windows logo on laptop every time I close the lid

Does closing the lid stop Windows updates completing?

Thanks for replies. The laptop is set to 'Shutdown' (not sleep) when closing the lid and my neighbour doesn't stay on the laptop long enough for updates to complete. She only checks email and a little web browsing. I reckon she is inadvertently stopping Windows from updating so that it is constantly trying to install them again every time she switches the laptop on. This is causing the laptop to be slow / unresponsive. After I intervene and complete the updates the laptop is OK again.

I'll tell her to shut down by pressing the power button instead and look at the screen before closing the lid. This way she can delay closing the lid until the laptop powers off and then the updates will complete the install process at next switch-on.

wiganken, Apr 11, 2020
Thema:

Complete restart and Blue Windows logo on laptop every time I close the lid

1. Complete restart and Blue Windows logo on laptop every time I close the lid - Similar Threads - Complete restart Blue

2. Time Zone changing when laptop lid is closed

in Windows 10 Customization
    Time Zone changing when laptop lid is closed: The time changes to EST from MST every time my laptop lid is closed. How can I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/time-zone-changing-when-laptop-lid-is-closed/2a1f0705-c074-42d3-a565-628bedd6549e
  3. Computer restarts when lid is Closed

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer restarts when lid is Closed: Hello, I have an Asus ROG G750JM and the laptop has started to restart every time i close the lid. When i put the lid backup, it is booting up and anything i was doing on Windows Browsers, games,etc is lost. I checked all my power settings and they have not changed. Fully...
  4. Laptop Keeps Restarting When Closing the Lid

Laptop Keeps Restarting When Closing the Lid: Hello, Sometimes when I close my laptop lid and leave the PC for sometime 3 hours plus I come back to my machine to find that it has reset itself. As a result of this all of my programmes and files that I had open when I left the device have been closed. I have spent hour...
  5. turning on laptop with lid closed

turning on laptop with lid closed: I have an HP Spectre and use to two 4k monitors. How can I turn the laptop on without opening the lid? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/turning-on-laptop-with-lid-closed/f5b9171f-8310-4a33-93b0-2f1403b1d2fa
  6. Does closing the lid stop Windows updates completing?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Does closing the lid stop Windows updates completing?: To switch off a laptop we can click on 'Start / Shutdown' or press the power button. In the event we did this when Windows was in the middle of installing updates then the update process continues to complete the installation before fully switching off and we can see this...
  7. Close Lid Laptop Hibernates

Close Lid Laptop Hibernates: Hi! I have followed the Advanced Power Settings threads and chose "Do Nothing" when I close the lid. That's not working! When I close the lid, the laptop hibernates and all the monitors go to sleep - it says no power connection! Please help!...
  8. Laptop restarts automatically after closing Lid

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop restarts automatically after closing Lid: Hello, I close the lid of the laptop, and then when opening the lid after a few hours, the laptop has restarted automatically because of which I lose my work. This has happened 3-4 times before too. Can anyone please tell me what may be the reason behind this? And any...
  9. VNC with laptop lid closed

in Windows 10 Customization
    VNC with laptop lid closed: I use a VNC service to remotely manage hundreds laptops that are stored in a HP laptop cart so they will charge and be connected to ethernet. They are used in a classroom environment and perform required support functions between classes and at night. We recently upgraded...
  10. Closing my laptop lid

in Windows 10 Support
    Closing my laptop lid: Hello, I'm new to windows 10, just had it installed last week and so far, I like it. A problem I'm running into is when I close the lid on my laptop and then open it again after a while, it shuts down and goes to the hp screen. What I would like is, when I close the lid and...