Windows 10: Complete separate user account? Win 10

Discus and support Complete separate user account? Win 10 in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I was wondering if I can make an additional user account that has complete separate files and separate programs. Such as I have Diablo 2 but I don't... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by KingDan1700, Nov 27, 2015.

1. Complete separate user account? Win 10

I was wondering if I can make an additional user account that has complete separate files and separate programs.
    Such as I have Diablo 2 but I don't want the other user to be able to see that Diablo II is installed.

Another example being that I have family photos of my account that I don't want a stranger to see...

Also, I would like to have a very simplified help in terms of wording Complete separate user account? Win 10 :eek:.

Please a reply would be nice I am running low on time.

:)

KingDan1700, Nov 27, 2015

2. Another Cortana problem after Win 10 AU update

Greetings,

Please allow me to add some information. Both machines that I was referencing are setup with different user accounts. So I'm not sure if your suggestion is still valid since the issue is affecting two completely separate machines (separate user accounts).

Can you provide any other options?

And to the community in general, is anyone else experiencing this Cortana issue?

PA City Guy, Nov 27, 2015
  3. DiegoTrd Win User
    Creating to completely separate users in Windows 10 Pro

Hello,

Is there a way to create to completely separate users in Windows 10 Pro? Or what would be the closest to this, in terms of sharing the least amount of things, for example the apps installed, files stored, etc?

Thanks

Diego

Moved from: (Windows / Windows 10 / Windows settings)

DiegoTrd, Nov 27, 2015
Thema:

Complete separate user account? Win 10

1. Complete separate user account? Win 10 - Similar Threads - Complete separate user

2. Create and separate access on user accounts

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Create and separate access on user accounts: Hi folks! I have Windows 10 Professional on a laptop. Is there a possibility to separate accounts from each other as well as installation of programs, folders etc.? in a way that the programs/folders etc. only belong to one account and are not accessible from outside from...
  3. How to separate user accounts on Windows 10?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to separate user accounts on Windows 10?: I've been trying to setup 2 user accounts on my Windows 10 OS; so, that I can separate my Uni work and regular use, but I'm not able to separate the accounts when it comes to the apps and programs. E.g. when i delete a shortcut on my desktop from the uni work account it also...
  4. Delete User Account Completely

in Windows 10 Customization
    Delete User Account Completely: Hi, I've tried to delete a user account of someone who illegally attempted to break into my laptop. I've gone through the usual steps, but every morning, the account picture is back. This is what I've tried already: 1. Settings, , Accounts, User and Family accounts -...
  5. Create Completely Separate User

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Create Completely Separate User: I want to create a new separate account that does NOT share any files, apps, or anything with the first account. Is there a way to partition my drives in such a way? I want to have a fresh install of steam and use separate files from my main user so when I use mods for games...
  6. Separate user accounts

in Windows 10 Customization
    Separate user accounts: Why set up separate user accounts? I was expecting that each user could have different program icons on their home screen to simplify their use of the PC, but all icons are the same on screens and task bars. Also, is there a way to hide or turn off the brightly colored...
  7. Family Account - are parent accounts completely separate

Family Account - are parent accounts completely separate: Hi, I haven't been able to find anything that confirms 100% that if you have two parent accounts within the same family group that those two accounts remain completely separate. I realise they will both have control over any child accounts in the same group, but can anyone...
  8. How do I create a completely separate user account?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I create a completely separate user account?: I have a main account that I use day to day for work and general use, however I want to create a new separate account that does NOT share any files, apps or anything with the first account. This is because i want my second account for only games and my first one for only work...
  9. Setting up a separated user account

Setting up a separated user account: Kind of a weird question, though I'm sure you can guess what I'm asking about. Is there a way to create a user account that is hidden from the other users on a computer, or at least hidden from the initial login screen? Even more preferable, though I'm sure probably not...
  10. System Image with separate user accounts

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    System Image with separate user accounts: Just a quick question. Can I make a system image of recent Windows 10 install which has been set up with two user accounts (one is a child's account) with their own different set-ups, programs etc. If so - which account do I use to select to make a system image from. Just...