Windows 10: Complete SSD and HDD integration

Discus and support Complete SSD and HDD integration in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello guys! My PC, ASUS TUF GAMING FX504, was running slow, so I installed 8 GB more RAM, so the total of RAM is now 16 GB. Then, I also installed a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by PolarBear123_456, Dec 14, 2019.

1. Complete SSD and HDD integration

Hello guys!

My PC, ASUS TUF GAMING FX504, was running slow, so I installed 8 GB more RAM, so the total of RAM is now 16 GB. Then, I also installed a M.2 SSD (250 GB) from Crucial which is compatible with this computer. It is in complement to my 950 GB HDD which comes shipped with the PC. I used a Windows Media Recovery Tool, the USB thing, to install Windows 10 on my SSD. So now I have installed Windows 10 on my SSD, it works fine (and very fast!) and I've got it all setup. But how should I continue now? Every time I boot up, I get an option to boot up to my HDD or my SSD. If I do the HDD, I get access to my old, slow version of Windows. I want the OS to be on the SSD, the most-used apps on the SSD, and other, not often used, but big, files, on my HDD. How do I do this, should I reformat my HDD and use it as a totally normal drag-and-drop hard drive, or is there a special way to do this?

Thanks so much for the help!

:)

PolarBear123_456, Dec 14, 2019

2. How to change a HDD being listed as SSD

Hi Peter,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I will definitely assist you, as per your query.

Based on the description, please be informed that manually we cannot change the SSD to HDD. However, let’s try running hardware troubleshooter and check if it helps. Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows + X keys on the keyboard and select Control Panel.

• Type Troubleshooting in the search bar on the Control Panel.

• Click on Small icon on the left navigation pane.

• Click on Troubleshooting and click on
      Hardware and Device.

• Click on Advanced on the Hardware troubleshooter dialog box and click on Run as administrator (Enter the credentials if required).

• Click on Next and follow onscreen instruction complete the Hardware troubleshooter.
    If the issue remain the same after hardware troubleshooting, I suggest you to go to BIOS and check what is HDD is listed on BIOS and let us know.

Hope the above information helps. If you need further assistance with Windows, let us know and will be glad to help.

Billion Debbarma, Dec 14, 2019
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Complete SSD and HDD integration :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Dec 14, 2019
  4. Complete SSD and HDD integration

External SSD recognized as HDD in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand your query related to External SSD showing as HDD when connected to the PC using USB 3.0 port. For further clarity on the issue, please respond to the questions below.

1. Have you tried connecting the SSD to any other PC?
    2. Are you using any converter to connect the SSD through USB 3.0 port?
    3. Are you using a RAID configuration?

I have researched on your query and found that the SSD that you are using is an internal SSD drive, in this case I would suggest you to try updating the Intel Rapid Storage drivers from the

intel website
    and see if that helps.

In addition, this issue can occur if the SSD is connected to a SATA controller that is identified as RAID (SCSI). I would suggest you to try connecting the SSD to a SATA port that uses AHCI controller such as Intel SATA controller/chipset.

Please get back to us with the detailed information to assist you further.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Dec 14, 2019
Thema:

Complete SSD and HDD integration

1. Complete SSD and HDD integration - Similar Threads - Complete SSD HDD

2. Ssd to hdd

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ssd to hdd: I recently purchased a new ssd for my PC but realised the secondary slot doesn't support it gen 4. My current ssd is gen 3 and is supported by the secondary slot. However my OS and things are installed on it. If I installed the new one and moved the old to slot 2, would that...
  3. HDD to SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HDD to SSD: how do I transfer my windows 10 OS to my new SSD, so 2 Drives. Old SSD with the old files and New SSD with the windows 10. But still being able to access the data on the old.The new SSD is a Samsung 870 EVO SATA 2.5" 1TB.spec:Dell Inc. 0PXWHKi7-8700non-kgtx 1060 16 gb ram...
  4. HDD to SSD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HDD to SSD: how do I transfer my windows 10 OS to my new SSD, so 2 Drives. Old SSD with the old files and New SSD with the windows 10. But still being able to access the data on the old.The new SSD is a Samsung 870 EVO SATA 2.5" 1TB.spec:Dell Inc. 0PXWHKi7-8700non-kgtx 1060 16 gb ram...
  5. HDD to SSD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. Hdd to ssd

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hdd to ssd: Is there a possibility to pass my windows 10 pro from the hhd to my ssd, I accidentally installed all the windows 10 pro files to the hdd instead of the ssd. Please I need help....
  7. SSD and HDD

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    SSD and HDD: I have a 256GB SSD C: and a 2000GB HDD D: - the computer is new so very little has been added just some GoPro software but the SSD is already 237GB used. I've found the setting that allows me to move applications across from C: to D: but virtually all of them don't allow this...
  8. SSD and HDD

in Windows 10 Customization
    SSD and HDD: I just purchased a new PC with a 128GB SSD and a 1TB HDD. Why can't I install some apps on the HDD? They state that they need to be installed on a system drive. Any advice is appreciated. Thank you...
  9. ssd and hdd

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    ssd and hdd: What should i buy? 128gb ssd and 500gb hdd or 500gb ssd. And if i will buy 128gb ssd and 500gb hdd and i will install win10 on the hdd, the ssd will help win10 to boot? 23715
  10. hdd to ssd

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    hdd to ssd: [img] Hi I have cloned my new HP laptop (HDD) with Acronis to a new SSD drive I've attached a snap shot of the disk management to see if it looks right with a 10gig unallocated partition and EFI partition. 40758