Windows 10: Complete Windows reset but one HDD is still full

Discus and support Complete Windows reset but one HDD is still full in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, I just did a complete reset of my laptop I chose the option where you remove all files and not just Windows files. As I have two drives, a SSD... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ArthusWQZ, Jan 13, 2022.

1. ArthusWQZ Win User

Complete Windows reset but one HDD is still full

Hello, I just did a complete reset of my laptop I chose the option where you remove all files and not just Windows files. As I have two drives, a SSD C: on which Windows was and is installed, and a HDD D:, on which I previously had Program files, personal files etc. I was expecting the reset to completely clean up my computer, but my D: did not go through any change. Moreover, my previous session's Documents folder was located on the D: drive, so now I still have my previous session's files, but I can't access it Windows is refusing the access. I would prefer this drive to be emptied

:)

ArthusWQZ, Jan 13, 2022
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Complete Windows reset but one HDD is still full :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Jan 13, 2022
  3. Kem Mon Win User
    unlock hdd

Hi Johan,

It is possible that your
    HDD was unreadable
    causing the error message to appear. We recommend that you perform these troubleshooting steps and check if there are any changes:

• Shutdown
      your
      PC.

• Unhooked
      the
      HDD
      and
      turn on
      your
      PC.

• Reconnect
      your
      HDD
      and
      restart
      your
      PC.

If the issue persists, we suggest that you contact your
    laptop/computer's manufacturer
    for further assistance.

Update us on how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Jan 13, 2022
  4. Johankaan Win User

unlock hdd

Johankaan, Jan 13, 2022
Thema:

1. Complete Windows reset but one HDD is still full - Similar Threads - Complete reset HDD

2. Windows 10 Defender still unable to complete full scan after trojan detected and factory reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Defender still unable to complete full scan after trojan detected and factory reset: Hi there. Four days ago, running a Full Scan, Windows Defender caught a trojan, Script/Wacatac.H!ml, which was apparently hanging out in Mozilla/Firefox. But then the Security "Protection History" said "Remediation Incomplete" and listed four folders of...
  3. Windows 10 Defender still unable to complete full scan after trojan detected and factory reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Defender still unable to complete full scan after trojan detected and factory reset: Hi there. Four days ago, running a Full Scan, Windows Defender caught a trojan, Script/Wacatac.H!ml, which was apparently hanging out in Mozilla/Firefox. But then the Security "Protection History" said "Remediation Incomplete" and listed four folders of...
  4. Windows 10 Defender still unable to complete full scan after trojan detected and factory reset

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. A full Windows reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A full Windows reset: I am having quite a few issues with my Windows. I'm past wanting to solve those issues individually as they have caused me a lot of frustrations. I decided to reinstall my Windows 10 and had it remove all personal files. I set up my computer and alas the problems are...
  6. A full Windows reset

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    A full Windows reset: I am having quite a few issues with my Windows. I'm past wanting to solve those issues individually as they have caused me a lot of frustrations. I decided to reinstall my Windows 10 and had it remove all personal files. I set up my computer and alas the problems are...
  7. Complete Windows reset but one HDD is still full

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Complete Windows reset but one HDD is still full: Hello, I just did a complete reset of my laptop I chose the option where you remove all files and not just Windows files. As I have two drives, a SSD C: on which Windows was and is installed, and a HDD D:, on which I previously had Program files, personal files etc. I was...
  8. Complete Windows reset but one HDD is still full

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Complete Windows reset but one HDD is still full: Hello, I just did a complete reset of my laptop I chose the option where you remove all files and not just Windows files. As I have two drives, a SSD C: on which Windows was and is installed, and a HDD D:, on which I previously had Program files, personal files etc. I was...
  9. Brightness still stuck on FULL after reset

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Brightness still stuck on FULL after reset: I have reset my laptop fresh installed windows for other reasons thinking that the brightness issue would sort itself out as well as other issues i was having but no still on full brightness, i have tried uninstalling my AMD RADEON HD 7420G driver but that hasn't changed a...
  10. windows full reset stuck at 10% , dotted circle still spinning with the words "resetting...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows full reset stuck at 10% , dotted circle still spinning with the words "resetting...: I've done a full reset of the pc choosing the option to remove everything as i plan to give the pc to a family member however its been stuck on 10% for a few hours now , the loading circle still spins but no progress is made ,please help....