Windows 10: Completely blank Start menu, after trying to Pin "This PC" to it.

Discus and support Completely blank Start menu, after trying to Pin "This PC" to it. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I recently installed Win10 on my machine. It is the LTSC 64-Bit 1809 version. After trying to pin This PC to the Start menu, for easier access to my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by EmulcifiedSky, Sep 15, 2019.

1. Completely blank Start menu, after trying to Pin "This PC" to it.

I recently installed Win10 on my machine. It is the LTSC 64-Bit 1809 version.

After trying to pin This PC to the Start menu, for easier access to my files, my Start menu gone completely blank.

I've attached here a screenshot of my desktop with the start menu open... couldn't be more straight forward.

Searching for an answer only came up with solutions for regular Win10 versions not the LTSC version, and it wasn't absolutely blank of things - like my case.

Any help will be appriciated... thanks a lot.

:)

EmulcifiedSky, Sep 15, 2019

2. How to pin shortcut to start menu.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per the description, I understand that you would like to know how to pin short cut to start menu.

I would suggest you to refer to the article given below if you are using Windows 7.

Pin a program to the Start menu

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Pin-a-program-to-the-Start-menu

And if you are using Windows 10 then I would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below.

Pin apps to Start

Pin the apps you use most often to the Start menu. Here's how:

• Go to Start > All Apps.
    • Press and hold (or right-click) an app.
    • Select Pin to Start.

Hope this helps. Please let us know the results. We will be happy to assist you further.

Mayank Gupta10, Sep 15, 2019
  3. bristol99 Win User
    Trying to pin Pictures file to start menu on W10?

My Pictures file suddenly disappeared from my start menu on Windows 10. Now when I try to pin it back it doesn't appear. on my menu. I've tried to unpin and pin it again but there's still a blank space on my start menu. I've enlarged the menu to make sure it definitely didn't pin which it hasn't.

Any help is appreciated.

bristol99, Sep 15, 2019
  4. Completely blank Start menu, after trying to Pin "This PC" to it.

Can't pin programs to Start menu anymore?

See if these steps help. Some of these steps might require a good amount of time to complete - consider it maintenance downtime.

Slartybart, Sep 15, 2019
Thema:

Completely blank Start menu, after trying to Pin "This PC" to it.

1. Completely blank Start menu, after trying to Pin "This PC" to it. - Similar Threads - Completely blank Start

2. START MENU BLANK

in Windows 10 Gaming
    START MENU BLANK: After a recent update, I don't know when my pinned shortcuts are missing from my start menu it's all empty !!!!!!!!!!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menu-blank/1e2b2b2c-4b3c-41b3-8735-c55e5419427a
  3. START MENU BLANK

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    START MENU BLANK: After a recent update, I don't know when my pinned shortcuts are missing from my start menu it's all empty !!!!!!!!!!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menu-blank/1e2b2b2c-4b3c-41b3-8735-c55e5419427a
  4. Blank start menu after update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blank start menu after update: I updated my Windows 10 and now I have blank start menu. I dont know if it caused by the update but that is the only change I made I think. If you have suggestions please go ahead. I have Windows 10 21h1....
  5. Blank start menu after update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blank start menu after update: I updated my Windows 10 and now I have blank start menu. I dont know if it caused by the update but that is the only change I made I think. If you have suggestions please go ahead. I have Windows 10 21h1....
  6. Blank start menu after update

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Blank Tiles on Start Menu

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Blank Tiles on Start Menu: [ATTACH] Hi folks This has been like this for a few months now, but I'd like to try fix it. I've a couple of apps that just don't have icons; they display as blank in the Start Menu....
  8. Start menu and notifications are blank

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start menu and notifications are blank: My computer locked up while writing a paper. I had to use the button to shut it down even though I didn't want to. When I powered the computer back on, it took a very long time. The I tried opening Word and this shows up: [ATTACH] All notifications are the same way. My...
  9. Blank start menu items

in Windows 10 Support
    Blank start menu items: See picture. For some reason many icons have no picture and are left blank. Any idea how to fix this? [img] 23700
  10. Blank Start Menu Icons

in Windows 10 Support
    Blank Start Menu Icons: Since my upgrade from windows 7, all my start menu icons are blank. I've tried deleting the icon cache.db file, doesn't help. [img] 17233