Windows 10: Completely broken interface and more!

Discus and support Completely broken interface and more! in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I'm having a very odd problem that my Win10 GUI interface is completely broken! but fully functional. Let me explain, the majority of the elements... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Feeh, Mar 26, 2016.

1. Feeh Win User

Completely broken interface and more!

I'm having a very odd problem that my Win10 GUI interface is completely broken! but fully functional.
    Let me explain, the majority of the elements from the new interface is missing. When I open a win10 app (not windows native program) the interface sometimes shows as a white window, sometimes it misses some elements...but in every case the close/max/minimize buttons are missing but still functional. The functions still remains on missing app elements if I click where the button should appear
    The logon screen is completely black aside of the password input (not even the user picture is showing)
    When I turn on/off the computer, the rotating animation is not shown anymore...

Here are some screenshots

Completely broken interface and more! [​IMG]

Second problem is that when the screen goes off (inactivity, hibernate...) it wont turn on again until I force the computer to shutdown by long-pressing the power button

I've updated my drivers, updated windows and nothing.

I've also used many configurations of the DISM and SFC commands that I could find on the internet but none worked, the windows wont repair (sometimes it says healthy and sometimes it say it can't repair even on safe mode)

I've run out of options and I'm avoiding at maximum to format the computer

Anyone have any clue of what is happening?

PS: When I kill the DWM.exe process the interface shows perfectly but break as soon as I use it

:)

2. Jim L_843 Win User

Desktop icons missing after Windows 10 update

Yeah. I booted my computer this morning and the interface is broken and unusable. Is there a solution for this?

Jim L_843, Mar 26, 2016
  3. DonTolson Win User
    Broken and blocked

Hi Janice... unless you had the 'auto backup to OneDrive' feature enabled, I don't think there's any way to retrieve the data from the broken phone -- especially if the interface (screen) is broken.

DonTolson, Mar 26, 2016
  4. simrick Win User

Hi Feeh and welcome to Tenforums.

You can download the latest General Release from turn off Fast Startup as well. I would try this before resorting to a clean install. Also, please uninstall any Dell bloatware you don't need.

Hope that helps!

simrick, Mar 26, 2016
  5. NavyLCDR New Member
    Try creating a new local user account. See if the problem is also in the new user account. If it is - then it is Windows. If it is not - then your user account on the computer is corrupt.

NavyLCDR, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Completely broken interface and more! - Similar Threads - Completely broken interface

2. Authenticator completely broken

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Authenticator completely broken: What is going on with authenticator?? We already have an issue that has gone on for a year where our passwords will NEVER sync between devices, now after an update Windows Hello has completely disappeared and we are forced to login or use keys. Using keys on our other devices...
  3. Authenticator completely broken

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Authenticator completely broken: What is going on with authenticator?? We already have an issue that has gone for year where our passwords will NEVER sync between devices, now after an update Windows Hello has completely disappeared and we are forced to login or use keys. Using keys on our other devices...
  4. Windows 10 user interface is entirely broken

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 user interface is entirely broken: I started up my hp laptop for the first time today.. and it starts up and i log in normally.but then i click the bottom left search bar... and its not responsive. i try left clicking every other button on the task bar. still nothing pops up. not eventhe start menu comes up...
  5. Windows 10 user interface is entirely broken

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 user interface is entirely broken: I started up my hp laptop for the first time today.. and it starts up and i log in normally.but then i click the bottom left search bar... and its not responsive. i try left clicking every other button on the task bar. still nothing pops up. not eventhe start menu comes up...
  6. Windows 10 user interface is entirely broken

7. Windows is completely broken.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows is completely broken.: Last week my pc crashed and kept crashing with 5 different codes each time. IO1 error, stop_watch error or something like that, system32 errors. And it’s funny cause I’ve reinstalled windows 2 damn times, one of them wiping my m.2 and hard drive. After updating it a second...
  8. My interface is broken?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My interface is broken?: Well, some letters just don't show on some programs. [ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH] I couldn't find anything else. I will try to run a disk check before I sleep. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-interface-is-broken/f04e974e-d172-4fb1-b8cd-0f2eb2dba410
  9. WiFi completely broken

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    WiFi completely broken: Now I have no fucking clue what could be causing this, but my fucking WiFi just keeps losing connection and it says "No Internet". This is not an issue on my end, not at fucking all, so don't even suggest it, because on literally any Linux Distro I haven't encountered even a...
  10. Store is completely broken

Store is completely broken: All app pages whether app is installed or not, hangs on the loading dots in the middle of the page with no option to launch the app or download a new one. And there is an app that I know is installed, it says "this app needs to be installed on your internal drive" ..sometimes...