Windows 10: Completely cleaning up a win 10 laptop

Discus and support Completely cleaning up a win 10 laptop in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have a win 10 laptop with some 20 programs installed. I should like very much to get rid of everything and end up with a clean laptop with only... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Tony Vella, Dec 29, 2018.

1. Completely cleaning up a win 10 laptop

I have a win 10 laptop with some 20 programs installed. I should like very much to get rid of everything and end up with a clean laptop with only windows 10 on it; in other words, bring the laptop back to the way I received it originally. I know that I could uninstall all the programs individually but this would leave a lot of bits and pieces of each program on the machine. My questions is: Is there a way of doing this in one fell swoop with some commands built into windows 10? I am not very savvy (I'm 74 going on 100) so any one kind enough to offer help should please bear this in mind. I do not have a win 10 disc. This used to be a win 7 machine which I had upgraded to win 10. If I took it to Staples or Best Buy they would charge me more than the laptop is worth.

Infinite thanks in advance.

Tony V.

:)

Tony Vella, Dec 29, 2018
  2. HAT
    hat Win User

Cleaning off a Mac Laptop

cleaning it?

Step 1: buy about a half gallon of gasoline.

Step 2: douse laptop in gasoline.

Step 3: toss a burning match onto laptop.

Step 4: watch the fire clense your laptop.

3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Completely cleaning up a win 10 laptop :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Dec 29, 2018
  4. Completely cleaning up a win 10 laptop

Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Dec 29, 2018
Thema:

Completely cleaning up a win 10 laptop

1. Completely cleaning up a win 10 laptop - Similar Threads - Completely cleaning laptop

2. Laptop clean up.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop clean up.: Does the forum have a recommended clean up programme? I occasionally use CCleaner and it appears to check and clean my whole system, but I've no idea if it's a good application or not. 171785
  3. safest resource to use to Clean up Windows completely

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    safest resource to use to Clean up Windows completely: My Edge Browser and File Explore are messed up and need to be cleaned: startup, unnecessary/unused /junk files/folders, and to et up this PC like new? I am tired of trying to find and fix problems that occur after each Windows/MS update and unwanted apps/extension being...
  4. Windows 10 Clean Reinstall complete, setting up again

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Clean Reinstall complete, setting up again: Problem with Windows 10 update Moving on from here, and suggestions about partitioning my drive having successfully clean installed windows 10. If I could do windows XP, this would actually be a no brainer, but its still a good suggestion. Even after restoring my mp3 files...
  5. Disk Clean-up on Win 10 deleted Onedrive files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Disk Clean-up on Win 10 deleted Onedrive files: Hi I used Disk Clean-up to free up some space on my laptop and inadvertently ticked the checkbox for Onedrive. After I ran the cleaner Onedrive immediately spotted deletions and started to run, advising there were approx 13,500 file changes to be made! I paused syncing...
  6. Clean up Win 10 laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Clean up Win 10 laptop: I was given a used win 10 laptop which came with win10 pro preinstalled. It also came with some 15 programs preinstalled (CorelDraw X5, MS Office 2010, DVD Pro 9, etc.). What I would like to do is revert the laptop so that it has win 10 pro ONLY installed. I suppose I could...
  7. WIN 10 back up fails at 97% complete

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    WIN 10 back up fails at 97% complete: My last complete back-up took place on June 16, 2018. Since June 2012, I have been backing-up my computer (running WIN XP and WIN 7 prior to WIN 10, which came loaded on a new HP computer purchased in January 2018) using an external WD 1TB hard drive encased in a Sabrent...
  8. Win update not cleaning up

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Win update not cleaning up: I tick system files when doing my weekly clean up and confirm to delete but when I check the update filrs are still there even after a reboot, Any ideas? Thanks, Mike [img] 92993
  9. Bluetooth COMPLETELY Missing from Win 10 Laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth COMPLETELY Missing from Win 10 Laptop: Sorry if this is a double post, as I cannot seem to find my original I just posted. I'm not sure if the net ate it! LOL! So, I've had my ASUS x540SA notebook for about 2 months. I disabled Bluetooth a few days later as I had no need for it. I just got a BT headset, went to...
  10. Issue doing a clean install of Win 10 on a laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Issue doing a clean install of Win 10 on a laptop: Hello, When I purchased my laptop it had Windows 8 on it. I did the free upgrade to Windows 10 with no issues. Lately my laptop has been giving me issues so I did a factory reset back to Windows 8. I downloaded the Windows 10 media creation tool to a USB drive. I made...