Windows 10: Completely cleaning up a win 10 laptop

Discus and support Completely cleaning up a win 10 laptop in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have a win 10 laptop with some 20 programs installed. I should like very much to get rid of everything and end up with a clean laptop with only... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Tony Vella, Dec 29, 2018.

1. Completely cleaning up a win 10 laptop

I have a win 10 laptop with some 20 programs installed. I should like very much to get rid of everything and end up with a clean laptop with only windows 10 on it; in other words, bring the laptop back to the way I received it originally. I know that I could uninstall all the programs individually but this would leave a lot of bits and pieces of each program on the machine. My questions is: Is there a way of doing this in one fell swoop with some commands built into windows 10? I am not very savvy (I'm 74 going on 100) so any one kind enough to offer help should please bear this in mind. I do not have a win 10 disc. This used to be a win 7 machine which I had upgraded to win 10. If I took it to Staples or Best Buy they would charge me more than the laptop is worth.

Infinite thanks in advance.

Tony V.

:)

Tony Vella, Dec 29, 2018
  2. HAT
    hat Win User

Cleaning off a Mac Laptop

cleaning it?

Step 1: buy about a half gallon of gasoline.

Step 2: douse laptop in gasoline.

Step 3: toss a burning match onto laptop.

Step 4: watch the fire clense your laptop.

3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Completely cleaning up a win 10 laptop :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Dec 29, 2018
  4. Completely cleaning up a win 10 laptop

Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Dec 29, 2018
Thema:

Completely cleaning up a win 10 laptop

1. Completely cleaning up a win 10 laptop - Similar Threads - Completely cleaning laptop

2. Disk Clean-up on Win 10 deleted Onedrive files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Disk Clean-up on Win 10 deleted Onedrive files: Hi I used Disk Clean-up to free up some space on my laptop and inadvertently ticked the checkbox for Onedrive. After I ran the cleaner Onedrive immediately spotted deletions and started to run, advising there were approx 13,500 file changes to be made! I paused syncing...
  3. Clean up Win 10 laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Clean up Win 10 laptop: I was given a used win 10 laptop which came with win10 pro preinstalled. It also came with some 15 programs preinstalled (CorelDraw X5, MS Office 2010, DVD Pro 9, etc.). What I would like to do is revert the laptop so that it has win 10 pro ONLY installed. I suppose I could...
  4. WIN 10 back up fails at 97% complete

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    WIN 10 back up fails at 97% complete: My last complete back-up took place on June 16, 2018. Since June 2012, I have been backing-up my computer (running WIN XP and WIN 7 prior to WIN 10, which came loaded on a new HP computer purchased in January 2018) using an external WD 1TB hard drive encased in a Sabrent...
  5. Win update not cleaning up

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Win update not cleaning up: I tick system files when doing my weekly clean up and confirm to delete but when I check the update filrs are still there even after a reboot, Any ideas? Thanks, Mike [img] 92993
  6. Bluetooth COMPLETELY Missing from Win 10 Laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth COMPLETELY Missing from Win 10 Laptop: Sorry if this is a double post, as I cannot seem to find my original I just posted. I'm not sure if the net ate it! LOL! So, I've had my ASUS x540SA notebook for about 2 months. I disabled Bluetooth a few days later as I had no need for it. I just got a BT headset, went to...
  7. Laptop slowing down, and sometimes completely locking up

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop slowing down, and sometimes completely locking up: Hi, I'm having a strange issue that could be simple to fix, or could be something much worse. I bought this laptop a few years ago, installed a SSD, and received random BSOD's once in every 2-3 weeks maybe, so I just put up with it. But the SSD has eventually stopped...
  8. Win 10 not completing install

Win 10 not completing install: Upgrading from Win 7 and after compatibility check (all 3 items OK) the download commences, the upgrade commences BUT STOPS at 99%. No error messages or anything after being stuck on that for hours. I recommenced the whole procedure again, making sure my antivirus was...
  9. Laptop had Win 8 and upgraded to Win 10. Can I install a clean Win 10?

Laptop had Win 8 and upgraded to Win 10. Can I install a clean Win 10?: As topic says, friends laptop had Win 8 and he updated to Win 10. Now I wonder if he can install a clean Win 10 through USB with his Win 8 serialkey. 40889
  10. Issue doing a clean install of Win 10 on a laptop

Issue doing a clean install of Win 10 on a laptop: Hello, When I purchased my laptop it had Windows 8 on it. I did the free upgrade to Windows 10 with no issues. Lately my laptop has been giving me issues so I did a factory reset back to Windows 8. I downloaded the Windows 10 media creation tool to a USB drive. I made...