Windows 10: completely disable skype on startup

Discus and support completely disable skype on startup in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I don't want to use skype and certainly don't want it to startup along with windows. And dare I even ask how I can disable the auto startup? BTW,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by rustywindow, May 21, 2019.

1. completely disable skype on startup

I don't want to use skype and certainly don't want it to startup along with windows. And dare I even ask how I can disable the auto startup?

BTW, Satya tera gaan mein haathi ka itta bada lund.

:)

rustywindow, May 21, 2019

2. Completely disable skype on startup?

Hi,

To help us determine the troubleshooting steps to resolve your Skype startup concern, we'd like to ask the following:

• What is the make and model of the device that you're using to log in?
    • Are you trying to log in on Skype or on Skype preview?
    • Which Skype application is running on your initial startup?

We're looking forward to your response. Tagged as pending on customer.

Darwin Dim, May 21, 2019
  3. Completely disable skype on startup?

This is factually incorrect for current Skype. This option is unavailable. There appears to be no way to disable Skype from automatically running in the current version of WIndows 10,

I guess Microsoft knows better that we do what is good for us.

Ken Wallewein, May 21, 2019
  4. completely disable skype on startup

Completely disable skype on startup?

If a Skype application is visible on background process under Task Manager, it's possible that one of your application is automatically signed in upon start up. To prevent this from happening, follow these steps:

To disable start up on Skype

• Open Skype application.
    • Select Tools.
    • Click on Options.
    • Select General settings.
    • Uncheck the Start Skype when I start Windows option.

To log out of Skype preview

• Open Skype preview.
    • Click your profile picture.
    • Select sign out.

Note: You'll need to log back in if you wish to use either of the application.

Let us know if you need further assistance regarding your Skype application.

Darwin Dim, May 21, 2019
Thema:

completely disable skype on startup

1. completely disable skype on startup - Similar Threads - completely disable skype

2. Skype won't startup automatically

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Skype won't startup automatically: I've looked over the internet kind of but none of the answers worked. I've been trying to find a way so my skype will startup automatically but I couldn't. So hopefully I find the answer here. Sincerely, Jeff Tiki...
  3. Unable to disable Skype for business at startup

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to disable Skype for business at startup: Unable to disable Skype for business at startup. Have : - turned off Tools - Options - Personal - Automatically start the app when I log on to Windows. - disabled Skype in Task Manager - Start-up. System details: - Windows 10, Version 1803, OS build 17134.285 -...
  4. disable skype startup

disable skype startup: I think this started with the new november build, but skype seems to be autostarting, even though I have not installed it. the process is called microsoft skype. how can I disable this process, so it won't start up every time I boot? any other unneeded windows...
  5. Is there a way to completely disable Cortana?

Is there a way to completely disable Cortana?: So I just installed Windows 10, everything seems to be running great at the moment except for 1 thing, Cortana is still running in the background (taking up around ~30MBs of RAM), even after following Brink's tutorial (link). Is there a way to disable it completely? 9491
  6. Disable "GrooveMonitor Utility" at Startup?

Disable "GrooveMonitor Utility" at Startup?: I am a relative neophyte when it comes to personal computers. Is it recommended to disable the startup item "GrooveMonitor Utility"? And, if so, is it just a matter of changing its status in the Task Manager from "Enabled" to "Disabled"? Many thanks. 39815
  7. How to disable Cortana completely?

How to disable Cortana completely?: How to disable Cortana completely? I have turn it off but its still in the task bar running. After end task, it will repop after few sec. 12421
  8. Is it possible to completely disable the start menu?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Is it possible to completely disable the start menu?: I'm using an old laptop as a Kodi Media Center and I have it set to automatically login and boot kodi on startup and wake from sleep, so what I'm wanting to do is add all shortcuts I need to the desktop and completely disable the start menu. Not sure if this is possible, but...
  9. How to disable Startup Settings?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to disable Startup Settings?: Hi, at every boot/restart, I am presented with Startup Settings, I have to press Enter to continue. *Mad How to get rid of it, please? I needed to go to safe mode, so I used msconfig, ever-since I have this. 43380
  10. No option to disable Fast Startup

in Windows 10 Support
    No option to disable Fast Startup: All of the guides I have seen say that to disable Fast Startup you should: - Settings | System | Power & Sleep - Additional Power Settings - Choose what the power buttons do Then under "Shut down settings" there should be a tick box - but I dont have it. Screenshot:...