Windows 10: completely disable skype on startup

Discus and support completely disable skype on startup in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I don't want to use skype and certainly don't want it to startup along with windows. And dare I even ask how I can disable the auto startup? BTW,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by rustywindow, May 21, 2019.

1. completely disable skype on startup

I don't want to use skype and certainly don't want it to startup along with windows. And dare I even ask how I can disable the auto startup?

BTW, Satya tera gaan mein haathi ka itta bada lund.

:)

rustywindow, May 21, 2019

2. Completely disable skype on startup?

Hi,

To help us determine the troubleshooting steps to resolve your Skype startup concern, we'd like to ask the following:

• What is the make and model of the device that you're using to log in?
    • Are you trying to log in on Skype or on Skype preview?
    • Which Skype application is running on your initial startup?

We're looking forward to your response. Tagged as pending on customer.

Darwin Dim, May 21, 2019
  3. Completely disable skype on startup?

This is factually incorrect for current Skype. This option is unavailable. There appears to be no way to disable Skype from automatically running in the current version of WIndows 10,

I guess Microsoft knows better that we do what is good for us.

Ken Wallewein, May 21, 2019
  4. completely disable skype on startup

Completely disable skype on startup?

If a Skype application is visible on background process under Task Manager, it's possible that one of your application is automatically signed in upon start up. To prevent this from happening, follow these steps:

To disable start up on Skype

• Open Skype application.
    • Select Tools.
    • Click on Options.
    • Select General settings.
    • Uncheck the Start Skype when I start Windows option.

To log out of Skype preview

• Open Skype preview.
    • Click your profile picture.
    • Select sign out.

Note: You'll need to log back in if you wish to use either of the application.

Let us know if you need further assistance regarding your Skype application.

Darwin Dim, May 21, 2019
Thema:

completely disable skype on startup

1. completely disable skype on startup - Similar Threads - completely disable skype

2. Completely Disable Defender

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Completely Disable Defender: Hello,I want to completely disable windows defender on windows 10. Not just turn it off in settings for it to automatically turn on a day later. I want to %100 remove it from my windows 10 home.I looked up tutorials, but they all require the group policy editor that I don't...
  3. Skype disabled?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Skype disabled?: I've recently just noticed skype has been disabled in my startup in task manager. Is this something i should be concerned about?[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/skype-disabled/e47f7ac9-2a4f-4495-94f6-2782b9d7420a
  4. Screenshot Disabled Completely

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Screenshot Disabled Completely: My screenshot feature on Windows 10 is not working at all. When I press Win+PrintScreen button, the screen do blink but there is no screenshot in any folder. I tried reset the preferences, the screenshot folder locations, the Registry tweak, deleting the screenshot folder...
  5. Startup Process Not Completing

Startup Process Not Completing: Hello, I run windows 10 on a Dell XPS 8900 x64-based PC with Intel Core i7-6700 CPU@3.40GHZ. About two weeks ago, I began having difficulty completing the startup process. Doesn’t happen every time I shut down the PC – probably about half the time. Points of reference:...
  6. How to COMPLETELY delete skype for business?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to COMPLETELY delete skype for business?: I accidentally clicked on skype for business for the first time and now it won't go away. I don't have a skype account. Whenever I turn on the computer skype for business comes up. Whenever I right click to exit or close it it still comes back whenever I start my computer....
  7. Completey disable Skype for Business?

Completey disable Skype for Business?: The locked thread does NOT cover my issue. Fresh system, Skype for Business install. First time I started it I got a splash screen telling me I'm to move to use Microsoft Teams. I installed Microsoft Teams. Great, all is well... no problem talking to others that are...
  8. Skype won't startup automatically

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Skype won't startup automatically: I've looked over the internet kind of but none of the answers worked. I've been trying to find a way so my skype will startup automatically but I couldn't. So hopefully I find the answer here. Sincerely, Jeff Tiki...
  9. Unable to disable Skype for business at startup

Unable to disable Skype for business at startup: Unable to disable Skype for business at startup. Have : - turned off Tools - Options - Personal - Automatically start the app when I log on to Windows. - disabled Skype in Task Manager - Start-up. System details: - Windows 10, Version 1803, OS build 17134.285 -...
  10. disable skype startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    disable skype startup: I think this started with the new november build, but skype seems to be autostarting, even though I have not installed it. the process is called microsoft skype. how can I disable this process, so it won't start up every time I boot? any other unneeded windows...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows disable skype on startup