Windows 10: Completely full laptop after 2 months

Discus and support Completely full laptop after 2 months in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi all, I recently got a new laptop after having the same one for 8 years, and went for a 32GB HP Stream as all of my files are cloud based for my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by IzzyBaxter1, Oct 31, 2019.

1. Completely full laptop after 2 months

Hi all,

I recently got a new laptop after having the same one for 8 years, and went for a 32GB HP Stream as all of my files are cloud based for my uni work so I only really needed one or two programmes on it. It was working really well, but then two weeks ago it started to slow down significantly and kept bringing up notifications that the storage was full. I’ve done disk cleanup multiple times as admin and user and nothing comes up, and I’ve just tried to reset as I now can’t open Audacity due to disk space but it says that I need 4 more GB free to reset. Does anyone have any ideas what I can do as I really need the laptop to do uni work on. Thanks in advance!

:)

IzzyBaxter1, Oct 31, 2019
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Completely full laptop after 2 months :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Oct 31, 2019
  3. Hkcuong Win User
    Core 2 Duo for laptop CQ40-314TU

I have found something about CPU Upgrade on the Intel's Website, the manufacturer of my laptop's chipset (GM45 Chipset). Currently, the CPU which this laptop is using (Dual Core T3400) is NOT in this list: http://ark.intel.com/chipset.aspx?familyID=35509
    The laptop's chipset also support Core 2 Extreme Technology, which I think the latest CPU Technology.
    I have another laptop called Acer Aspire 5572ANWXMi that is using the chipset 945GM which support the T7600 (like you suggested) and it is in this list: http://ark.intel.com/chipset.aspx?familyID=22816

Hkcuong, Oct 31, 2019
  4. n-ster Win User

Completely full laptop after 2 months

n-ster, Oct 31, 2019
Thema:

Completely full laptop after 2 months

1. Completely full laptop after 2 months - Similar Threads - Completely full laptop

2. C file completely full??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    C file completely full??: So my computer has 56.9 gb, its system files take up 24.7 gb, and somehow my apps and features takes up 27.5? I’ve already done the disk cleanup, deleted files, ect. yet its still full and now I somehow dont even have enough space to run windows 11 properly. Im beyond...
  3. C file completely full??

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    C file completely full??: So my computer has 56.9 gb, its system files take up 24.7 gb, and somehow my apps and features takes up 27.5? I’ve already done the disk cleanup, deleted files, ect. yet its still full and now I somehow dont even have enough space to run windows 11 properly. Im beyond...
  4. New computer 2 months

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New computer 2 months: Today made a folder called 21.5gb windows.old after the update today. I did not make it windows old folder.Just need an answer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/new-computer-2-months/7ee66cbd-0748-4763-853c-102a7ce52d04
  5. New computer 2 months

New computer 2 months: Today made a folder called 21.5gb windows.old after the update today. I did not make it windows old folder.Just need an answer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/new-computer-2-months/7ee66cbd-0748-4763-853c-102a7ce52d04
  6. SSD Is half full even after completely reinstalling windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SSD Is half full even after completely reinstalling windows: Hi, I recently did a reinstall of my os, When it was completed my SSD went from 900 GB to 505 GB, I already checked the Windows.old file and used the built in Disk Cleanup Tool. Neither had anything in them. I've even looked in my C drive and cant find anything, I know...
  7. SSD Is half full even after completely reinstalling windows

SSD Is half full even after completely reinstalling windows: Hi, I recently did a reinstall of my os, When it was completed my SSD went from 900 GB to 505 GB, I already checked the Windows.old file and used the built in Disk Cleanup Tool. Neither had anything in them. I've even looked in my C drive and cant find anything, I know...
  8. NVMe Drives completely disappeared after working for 5 months

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    NVMe Drives completely disappeared after working for 5 months: I have 2 Sabrent Rocket NVMe drives that have been working completely fine. The other night I hit "Update and Shut Down" and went to bed. When I woke up the next morning and powered on my PC, the NVMe drives no longer showed in windows.Both drives still appear in the...
  9. DTS still not working after 2 months.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    DTS still not working after 2 months.: Like it says. No support. No help. Nothing has ventured forward. I've given up. Don't even bother replying. The new update today didn't do anything. I'm just putting it put there so people can see how broken this thing really is....
  10. Laptop weird 2 months after Windows 10 installation?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop weird 2 months after Windows 10 installation?: Hi *Smile , Sorry my thread title is quite bad, but my problem can only be described as "weird". For some reason, my laptop has turned crazy recently, the following basically: I can't access the features from start menu (so can't launch apps, and can't turn off laptop...