Windows 10: Completely locked out - can’t even reset

Discus and support Completely locked out - can’t even reset in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I restarted my computer yesterday and when I entered my PIN it said it was incorrect. I knew it was right and entered it carefully over and over. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by lvjy1709, Oct 29, 2020.

1. lvjy1709 Win User

Completely locked out - can’t even reset

I restarted my computer yesterday and when I entered my PIN it said it was incorrect. I knew it was right and entered it carefully over and over. I spoke to customer service and they helped me reset my password and told me it would likely take overnight to sync. When I tried again with the new password it did not work. I tried logging on with another account and it still said “incorrect”

I spoke to customer support and every possible solution required an administrator password that the computer would say was incorrect. Finally I was told I had no choice but to reset the computer. When I went to do that my computer once again asked for a password!

Where do I go from here? I am completely locked out of my computer. My only guess is that the password has not synced because it is not connected to WiFi? I even had it connected to an Ethernet and my computer did not find or recognize a network. I am at my absolute wits’ end so any suggestions to either force unlock my computer or get it onto WiFi again are appreciated.

:)

lvjy1709, Oct 29, 2020
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Completely locked out - can’t even reset :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Oct 29, 2020
  3. jmcslob Win User
    2 x SSD Raid 0 - is this right?

Hey Fits

Can you list a few helpful hints for T ski ,maybe a step by step how to OR what to look out for*Cool Completely locked out - can’t even reset :cool:

jmcslob, Oct 29, 2020
  4. jmcslob Win User

2 x SSD Raid 0 - is this right?

T ski b4 your done with this post can you list a step by step fix of what you did, I would appreciate it if you would...Thanks

jmcslob, Oct 29, 2020
Thema:

1. Completely locked out - can’t even reset - Similar Threads - Completely locked can’t

2. HELP! Completely locked out!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HELP! Completely locked out!: This may be lengthy but here it goes. I have Windows 11 and was having trouble installing Office 365 so I went into safe mode which did not work, so thats another issue entirely. After restarting, I am prompted to set up a new pin. I have a pin already. So when I try to set...
  3. Locked out of computer because I can’t reset PIN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Locked out of computer because I can’t reset PIN: I changed my PIN recently but already forgot it because I forgot to write it down. I’m trying to reset it from my computer’s lock screen and after I log into my account and enter the verification code, whenever I click “Reset PIN” it shows me an error message and an option to...
  4. Locked out of computer because I can’t reset PIN

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Locked out of computer because I can’t reset PIN: I changed my PIN recently but already forgot it because I forgot to write it down. I’m trying to reset it from my computer’s lock screen and after I log into my account and enter the verification code, whenever I click “Reset PIN” it shows me an error message and an option to...
  5. Locked out of computer because I can’t reset PIN

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  6. Completely locked out of account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Completely locked out of account: So I couldn't remember my laptop's pin, so I tried using my email address but now it's asking for a phone number verification code and I don't even recognize the phone number, so I tried resetting my security details and now I'm locked out of my laptop AND unable to change...
  7. Completely locked out of account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Completely locked out of account: So I couldn't remember my laptop's pin, so I tried using my email address but now it's asking for a phone number verification code and I don't even recognize the phone number, so I tried resetting my security details and now I'm locked out of my laptop AND unable to change...
  8. Completely locked out

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Completely locked out: I am completely locked out of my computer. When I try to log in it says that the user profile service isnt working. Several attempts and a password reset later and still nothing. I decide to try and factory reset my computer. Shift click restart to open the menu and the only...
  9. Can’t reset PC after being locked out

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can’t reset PC after being locked out: So i got locked out of my laptop because I forgot my password. I cannot reset it because it’s an local account without security questions . I’m running windows 10 and I tried to reset the laptop, but it says I can’t because I need to free up space. How do I do that if I can’t...
  10. Completely Locked Out

in Windows 10 Customization
    Completely Locked Out: On the very first screen you see when you turn on your computer (after the INSIGNIA logo appears and disappears), I am supposed to input my password to get in. It won't recognize my password. What do I do?...