Windows 10: Completely locked out of my Windows 10 laptop

Discus and support Completely locked out of my Windows 10 laptop in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I have been trying to get into my windows 10 laptop. Sadly I must of forgotten my trickly password combo and I can't login. I've tried rebooting into... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by WhitR_77, Feb 22, 2021.

1. WhitR_77 Win User

Completely locked out of my Windows 10 laptop

I have been trying to get into my windows 10 laptop. Sadly I must of forgotten my trickly password combo and I can't login. I've tried rebooting into Safe mode but when I get the Windows 10 Boot Screen > Advanced Options it doesn't give me an menu to change the options it only states the options and to Restart. Which just leads me back to the login screen. If I try Advanced options> Command prompt to enable the Admin account it cycles and then prompts me to login with my account???!!!! is there anyway to get this thing to boot into command prompt without logging in? if I could do that I wouldn't need the option?

I haven't tried Reset this PC option of reinstalling Windows while keeping my data.

Other options or any verified good password reset apps out there?

:)

WhitR_77, Feb 22, 2021
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Feb 22, 2021
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Completely locked out of my Windows 10 laptop :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Feb 22, 2021
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Feb 22, 2021
Thema:

1. Completely locked out of my Windows 10 laptop - Similar Threads - Completely locked laptop

2. completely locked out my pc.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    completely locked out my pc.: I've recently updated my Windows and I'm now unable to log into my pc at the desktop as it asks me to set up a pin, which when I click no box appears.I've tried everything in the system restart menu but it asks me for my account password ... which I enter and then told it is...
  3. HELP! Completely locked out!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HELP! Completely locked out!: This may be lengthy but here it goes. I have Windows 11 and was having trouble installing Office 365 so I went into safe mode which did not work, so thats another issue entirely. After restarting, I am prompted to set up a new pin. I have a pin already. So when I try to set...
  4. I've been completely locked out of my laptop.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I've been completely locked out of my laptop.: I'm not entirely certain what is going on, but I will be completely honest so as to get the best help I'm able to.My laptop is an old one, it is the Lenovo ideapad 110-15ACL and the model is 80TJI use Windows 10Normally, on account of how old my laptop is, it takes a good...
  5. I've been completely locked out of my laptop.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I've been completely locked out of my laptop.: I'm not entirely certain what is going on, but I will be completely honest so as to get the best help I'm able to.My laptop is an old one, it is the Lenovo ideapad 110-15ACL and the model is 80TJI use Windows 10Normally, on account of how old my laptop is, it takes a good...
  6. I've been completely locked out of my laptop.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Completely locked out of account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Completely locked out of account: So I couldn't remember my laptop's pin, so I tried using my email address but now it's asking for a phone number verification code and I don't even recognize the phone number, so I tried resetting my security details and now I'm locked out of my laptop AND unable to change...
  8. Completely locked out of account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Completely locked out of account: So I couldn't remember my laptop's pin, so I tried using my email address but now it's asking for a phone number verification code and I don't even recognize the phone number, so I tried resetting my security details and now I'm locked out of my laptop AND unable to change...
  9. Completely locked out

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Completely locked out: I am completely locked out of my computer. When I try to log in it says that the user profile service isnt working. Several attempts and a password reset later and still nothing. I decide to try and factory reset my computer. Shift click restart to open the menu and the only...
  10. Completely Locked Out

in Windows 10 Customization
    Completely Locked Out: On the very first screen you see when you turn on your computer (after the INSIGNIA logo appears and disappears), I am supposed to input my password to get in. It won't recognize my password. What do I do?...