Windows 10: Completely lost the ability to run Winaero Tweaker

Discus and support Completely lost the ability to run Winaero Tweaker in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Windows 10 Pro x64 2004 VPS Ran Winaero Tweaker 0.18.0.0 (latest version) without issue in the past. However, cannot remember exactly when the last... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Ceelix, Dec 8, 2020.

1. Ceelix Win User

Completely lost the ability to run Winaero Tweaker

Windows 10 Pro x64 2004 VPS

Ran Winaero Tweaker 0.18.0.0 (latest version) without issue in the past. However, cannot remember exactly when the last time was I ran it successfully.

Click Start Menu, directly run .exe, run from command prompt, doesn't matter. It won't start. It does nothing. Creates no event log. No clue what's wrong, where to look, or what to troubleshoot.

Something is obviously different but I've no idea what.

There doesn't appear to be any support for Winaero Tweaker. So I can't contact anybody.

I have no problems like this on Windows 7. So far Windows 10 has been a complete nightmare for me. I've spent hours on this so far and no solution.

Google searching seems to indicate that this isn't something that has happened to anyone.

I guess I have to consider this VPS a bust, because it is possible for programs to just suddenly stop working, with no error messages or event logs, leaving me in the complete dark.

I can do x64dbg log but what I really need is a log from before on this VPS, when it worked. Do I have to make x64dbg logs for every program installed on this VPS now?

x64dbg log, Win10 VPS, will not start
    Initializing wait objects...Initializing debugger...Initializing debugger fu - Pastebin.com

x64dbg log, Win Server 2008 R2 SP1 VPS, starts normally
    Successfully loaded C:\Program Files\x64dbg\x64\GleeBug\TitanEngine.dll!Initia - Pastebin.com

The thread exits at the end are normal... it appears to "re-launch" itself somehow, I guess to prevent loading into a debugger.

:)

Ceelix, Dec 8, 2020

2. winaero tweaker

Winaero Tweaker is supposed to allow a user to adjust things like the font used for desktop icon labels. But the download is a ZIP file. How do you extract the executable software from the ZIP file?

Jim Giglio 81 - gmail, Dec 8, 2020
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    winaero tweaker

Hi Jim

Right click that zip file and choose 'Extract All'

Then you will see the installer file, double click that to install Winaero Tweaker- WinaeroTweaker-0.16.1.0-setup.exe

DaveM121, Dec 8, 2020
  4. CountMike Win User

winaero tweaker?

BTW, Here's my list of changes saved.

Completely lost the ability to run Winaero Tweaker [​IMG]

Completely lost the ability to run Winaero Tweaker [​IMG]

CountMike, Dec 8, 2020
Thema:

1. Completely lost the ability to run Winaero Tweaker - Similar Threads - Completely lost ability

2. Winaero tweaker, This PC folders

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Winaero tweaker, This PC folders: I had added some custom system folders to This PC in File Explorer using Winaero Tweaker under Window 10. When I upgraded to Windows 11, everything was fine. When I upgraded to the current version of Winaero Tweaker, I now get an error message that an unhandled exception has...
  3. Winaero tweaker, This PC folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Winaero tweaker, This PC folders: I had added some custom system folders to This PC in File Explorer using Winaero Tweaker under Window 10. When I upgraded to Windows 11, everything was fine. When I upgraded to the current version of Winaero Tweaker, I now get an error message that an unhandled exception has...
  4. New Winaero Tweaker 1.20

New Winaero Tweaker 1.20: New Winaero Tweaker 1.20 out. Also contains some new tweaks for Win 11. Winaero Tweaker 1.20 is out with Windows 11 support and tons of new features 181867
  5. Winaero Tweaker

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Winaero Tweaker: When I scan the .zip file on Virus Total, an anti-virus called dr. web diagnose it with "Trojan.MulDrop 16.37713". Idk if dr. web is good or not, I've never heard bout it. But a channel called Michael MJD said it is safe and good (160K subs) submitted by /u/Valois061007...
  6. Winaero Tweaker Stalling Sysprep?

Winaero Tweaker Stalling Sysprep?: I have pinpointed a severe stall time when performing a sysprep to applying Winaero Tweaker settings to my Windows 10 Pro base image, which setting it may be is undetermined. It has increased the initial startup time after running sysprep from 15min to almost 80min, it stalls...
  7. Blocking Updates With Winaero Tweaker?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Blocking Updates With Winaero Tweaker?: Has anyone used Winero Tweaker to block Windows 10 updates? I see there is an option for it but haven't tried it yet. I would like to disable Win Updates easily until the latest mess has blown over. 150785
  8. winaero tweaker

in Windows 10 Customization
    winaero tweaker: Winaero Tweaker is supposed to allow a user to adjust things like the font used for desktop icon labels. But the download is a ZIP file. How do you extract the executable software from the ZIP file?...
  9. Winaero Tweaker

in Windows 10 Customization
    Winaero Tweaker: I recently asked about how to get icon titles into readable sizes and fonts. An answer came back, with a link to "Winaero Tweaker". But the he site is enormously confusing, and the software itself is a ZIP file. How do I get a download package that provides an installable...
  10. winaero tweaker?

winaero tweaker?: Anyone tried this app? I would welcome any advice or suggestions... 142259