Windows 10: Completely Missing Human Interface Category from Device Manager

Discus and support Completely Missing Human Interface Category from Device Manager in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hey there! I was having some trouble getting my touch screen to connect to my computer. The screen was working, but my computer didn't seem to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by RachelCreemers, Apr 2, 2019.

1. Completely Missing Human Interface Category from Device Manager

Hey there!

I was having some trouble getting my touch screen to connect to my computer. The screen was working, but my computer didn't seem to register that it had a solid connection. I updated all my drivers just in case, and tried again. Still, the same problem. I updated the entire windows system. Still, the same problem.

I finally realized that the entire section for HIDs is missing. It's not anywhere on my Device Manager, nor is it under any tag. I tried looking for hidden devices and got the same thing. I tried to use troubleshooting under any related service I could find, as the hardware section was ALSO not showing up. I then looked for HID installers for Windows 10, to which I was rerouted back to install the new updates I had just installed.

Help.

Completely Missing Human Interface Category from Device Manager cf6229c8-4365-4a4d-b597-b140a948a2dd?upload=true.jpg
    Completely Missing Human Interface Category from Device Manager 86d2a5ca-6b57-4022-992b-b837be7b9613?upload=true.jpg

:)

RachelCreemers, Apr 2, 2019

2. Human Interface Devices Missing

I have a Dell Inspiron 15 3521 laptop. Recently, this machine has been acting strangely. So much so that I have rebuilt the OS (sanitized the disk and performed a clean Windows 10 install) several times in the last week. However, it always reverts back to its previous behavior.

The most repeatable aspect of strangeness is the touch screen will suddenly stop working after switching users, wake from sleep, restart, or power on from shutdown. Then sometimes after being powered off for an extended time, the touch screen will start working again; completely unpredictable.

In Device Manager, I observe that the entire Human Interface Devices category is missing when the touch screen is not working. There are several other drivers in the category, not just the touch screen; the entire category just disappears. I cannot discern any pattern of events which precipitates this behavior; it just happens without warning.

I've searched extensively but am unable to find reports of similar behavior. Any suggestions?

claytoncarney, Apr 2, 2019
  3. esgaemami Win User
    Human interface device for touchscreen gone

Shortly after I updated to 8.1 my touchscreen stopped working intermittently and than stopped working all together. I looked in the device manager and the HID category is completely gone. I waited to see if it would be reinstalled with the upgrade to windows
    10 but it was not. I have checked the manufacture website for the driver with no luck as well as the Microsoft website. I just want my touchscreen back. How can I get the Human interface device back on my computer so I can use my touchscreen?

esgaemami, Apr 2, 2019
  4. Completely Missing Human Interface Category from Device Manager

Imaging Device category missing in device manager

I purchased a budget Logitec webcam C270. After installation everything is working with the new webcam . Device manager now shows the category Imaging devices. I wont bother trying to fix the old built in webcam since this new one is so much better. Tks for all the suggestions

sportflyer, Apr 2, 2019
Thema:

Completely Missing Human Interface Category from Device Manager

1. Completely Missing Human Interface Category from Device Manager - Similar Threads - Completely Missing Human

2. Mice and other pointing devices AND Human Interface Devices missing from Device Manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mice and other pointing devices AND Human Interface Devices missing from Device Manager: I recently updated my computer, and when it finished updating, my mouse cursor was gone. I looked up a solution where I had to go to “Mice and other pointing devices” but that was gone. In order to get it back, I had to go to Human Interface Devices, but that was gone too. I...
  3. Mice and other pointing devices AND Human Interface Devices missing from Device Manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mice and other pointing devices AND Human Interface Devices missing from Device Manager: I recently updated my computer, and when it finished updating, my mouse cursor was gone. I looked up a solution where I had to go to “Mice and other pointing devices” but that was gone. In order to get it back, I had to go to Human Interface Devices, but that was gone too. I...
  4. Mice and other pointing devices AND Human Interface Devices missing from Device Manager

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Human Interface Device Service Missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Human Interface Device Service Missing: After trying to set my ram to its factory speed in my motherboard bios, I had my PC bluescreen on me. This was no big deal, and after restoring my default ram settings I was able to boot into windows just fine. However, a side affect of the BSOD was that I lost use of my...
  6. Human Interface Device Service Missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Human Interface Device Service Missing: After trying to set my ram to its factory speed in my motherboard bios, I had my PC bluescreen on me. This was no big deal, and after restoring my default ram settings I was able to boot into windows just fine. However, a side affect of the BSOD was that I lost use of my...
  7. Human Interface Device Service Missing

8. Human Interface Touchscreen Device

Human Interface Touchscreen Device: My touchscreen is damaged and is unusable. I have uninstalled the Human Interface Touchscreen device manager. However, the last three times I have restarted my computer the Human Interface Touchscreen has been re-installed on my computer. Which takes me about 20 minutes to...
  9. Imaging Device category missing in device manager

Imaging Device category missing in device manager: Webcam was working a week ago. Suddenly Skype cannot detect my web cam . I went to Device Manager , selected the web cam under Imaging devices , then uninstalled the driver . Then went back to Device Manager and scanned for hardware changes. Now even the Imaging Device...
  10. Human Interface Devices Missing

in Windows 10 Support
    Human Interface Devices Missing: I have a Dell Inspiron 15 3521 laptop. Recently, this machine has been acting strangely. So much so that I have rebuilt the OS (sanitized the disk and performed a clean Windows 10 install) several times in the last week. However, it always reverts back to its previous...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. hid touch screen driver completely gone off pc

2. human interface missing from device manager

3. human device manager not in device manager

4. device manager is missing human interface device,
  5. human interface category is missing