Windows 10: Completely remove Windows and wipe the drive

Discus and support Completely remove Windows and wipe the drive in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I need to completely remove Windows from my drive. I'm doing this because I am reinstalling it on another drive. By the way, could I run into any... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Connor Bittick, Mar 8, 2020.

1. Completely remove Windows and wipe the drive

I need to completely remove Windows from my drive. I'm doing this because I am reinstalling it on another drive.

By the way, could I run into any licensing problems by doing this?

:)

Connor Bittick, Mar 8, 2020

2. How to wipe a hard drive

modder I already used kill-disk. The deletion is done, I need to reinstall everything.

floridajerseyguy, Mar 8, 2020
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Completely remove Windows and wipe the drive :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Mar 8, 2020
  4. Completely remove Windows and wipe the drive

Windows 7 booting off wrong drive?!?!?

Please move if this is in the wrong place.

I have two hard drives, a 1.5TB drive, and a 160GB drive. Windows is installed on the 1.5TB drive, as are all my files and programs. The 160GB drive has a bunch of old files, and apparently the bootmgr and boot folder. Nothing else is on the 160GB drive, other than media files etc.

If I remove the 160GB drive from the machine, windows refuses to boot, plug it back in, it works fine. The setup with two hard drives I have now is temporary, as the 160GB drive will go into another machine.

My question is, can someone give me a step by step on how to make windows force to boot off the 1.5TB drive, ignoring the 160GB drive in the boot process completely?
    I don't know how to do this in Windows 7, on XP I would just run the /fixmbr command and its related ones.

Any help would be appreciated.

Note: I would really really rather not have to wipe and reinstall, I know it can be done without one as I've had this issue with XP before.

speedy11131, Mar 8, 2020
Thema:

Completely remove Windows and wipe the drive

1. Completely remove Windows and wipe the drive - Similar Threads - Completely remove wipe

2. Complete Wipe Restart Loop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Complete Wipe Restart Loop: Okay, so it was possibly my own fault for this. But here’s what happened.I have my sisters old laptop. I was going to do a fresh restart— wipe all personal files and such. I got past the region, timezone, keyboard set up. But then I had for force shut it down because I didn’t...
  3. Complete Wipe Restart Loop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Complete Wipe Restart Loop: Okay, so it was possibly my own fault for this. But here’s what happened.I have my sisters old laptop. I was going to do a fresh restart— wipe all personal files and such. I got past the region, timezone, keyboard set up. But then I had for force shut it down because I didn’t...
  4. Complete Wipe Restart Loop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Completely wipe an SSD including Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Completely wipe an SSD including Windows 10: Hi there,I am looking to completely wipe an SSD, including the Windows on it, for use in another computer that already has an SSD with Windows 10 installed on it.The issue I am struggling with is that the SSD is the only drive in the PC and I have no other SSDs or hard...
  6. Completely wipe all One Drive Data

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Completely wipe all One Drive Data: HelloGot a users who's One Drive Sync got a little messed up. He's got duplicates everywhere. Not sure how it happened.All his data has been backed up and sanitized on a network drive.I want completely remove all data from One drive Cloud and PC so I can restore the correct...
  7. Completely wipe all One Drive Data

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Completely wipe all One Drive Data: HelloGot a users who's One Drive Sync got a little messed up. He's got duplicates everywhere. Not sure how it happened.All his data has been backed up and sanitized on a network drive.I want completely remove all data from One drive Cloud and PC so I can restore the correct...
  8. Completely wipe all One Drive Data

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. Complete reset/wipe of laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Complete reset/wipe of laptop: Hi i have a Windows 10 hp laptop that i have recently replaced, and wish to fully take back to factory settings for then to set up again as a second usable laptop. i have always had problems with freezing etc. I wish to do a complete and full clear and reset. my query is...
  10. Complete Hard Drive Wipe (SSD)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Complete Hard Drive Wipe (SSD): Hey guys, There's a whole bunch of junk on my system, plus some sensitive files that I no longer need, so I figured I should just do a complete hard drive wipe with something like DBAN. Some sources on the internet say that wiping an SSD is different than HDD, and that you...