Windows 10: completely removing onedrive

Discus and support completely removing onedrive in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi. I'm want to use bash to create a folder in my desktop. I type: cd desktop mkdir newfolder and the newfolder is created in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/eliasvelardezft_, Sep 17, 2020.

1. completely removing onedrive

Hi. I'm want to use bash to create a folder in my desktop. I type:

cd desktop

mkdir newfolder

and the newfolder is created in c:/users/myname/desktop

but the folder isn't in my actual desktop as this is in onedrive. I know this because if I create a new folder in my desktop and check its properties it says C:\Users\myname\OneDrive\Desktop.

I really want to disable this and have my desktop be in its original place.

I've already disabled the device in onedrives account configuration and restarted my pc but the problem remains there. How do I stop it? thanks

submitted by /u/eliasvelardezft_
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/eliasvelardezft_, Sep 17, 2020

2. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Sep 17, 2020
  3. stickie Win User
    Remove OneDrive

Hi .... wish to remove OneDrive from fresh install W10.....
    have uninstalled it from inside Control Panel but am unnerved to find a OneDrive folder lurking in my username folder, which contains some 10GB predominantly a clone of my Desktop ... please, please could someone provide the steps necessary to completely remove it ..... thanks in advance ..... Alan D Kerr

File sharing and storage made simple

stickie, Sep 17, 2020
  4. 3Colors Win User

completely removing onedrive

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond completely removing onedrive :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Sep 17, 2020
Thema:

completely removing onedrive

1. completely removing onedrive - Similar Threads - completely removing onedrive

2. Can OneDrive be Completely Removed from Win11 Laptop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can OneDrive be Completely Removed from Win11 Laptop?: I have had it with OneDrive. It's intrusive and even though I try to manage storage it's constantly telling me I am low or running out of storage. I want to move my OneDrive files to an external SSD and then hopefully just kick the whole damn thing to the curb!Is it possible...
  3. Can OneDrive be Completely Removed from Win11 Laptop?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can OneDrive be Completely Removed from Win11 Laptop?: I have had it with OneDrive. It's intrusive and even though I try to manage storage it's constantly telling me I am low or running out of storage. I want to move my OneDrive files to an external SSD and then hopefully just kick the whole damn thing to the curb!Is it possible...
  4. COMPLETELY eliminate OneDrive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    COMPLETELY eliminate OneDrive?: I have had a new hard drive installed and have a complete backup to restore files from. When I installed windows, the FIRST thing I did was unlink the PC from OneDrive and stop it from running. However, I have now two times tried to restore my files from the backup, but none...
  5. COMPLETELY eliminate OneDrive?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    COMPLETELY eliminate OneDrive?: I have had a new hard drive installed and have a complete backup to restore files from. When I installed windows, the FIRST thing I did was unlink the PC from OneDrive and stop it from running. However, I have now two times tried to restore my files from the backup, but none...
  6. Removing OneDrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Removing OneDrive: I wish to remove the annoying, and totally unwanted Microsoft Onedrive. It’s on my PC but does not appear listed in “Apps & Features” so therefore unable to delete it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/removing-onedrive/70b0893f-947a-42e6-8791-3e31c867ed2c
  7. Towards a Full and Complete Removal of ONEDRIVE

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Towards a Full and Complete Removal of ONEDRIVE: I am a 30-year PC tech, now retired. I ran a program to tell me why and what was slowing my Win10 Pro PC's 3 of them to a crawl starting within a few months of installation. I also used Task Manager to verify the high network, CPU and drive usage min 30% and max at 100% all...
  8. Uninstalling OneDrive COMPLETELY

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Uninstalling OneDrive COMPLETELY: So i noticed after "uninstalling" onedrive, there is still a folder in users/username/onedrive and the fun part, is that pictures, documents, and desktop folders are all automatically in there, and you cant change it!! So i went looking for a solution. Didnt find one. So i...
  9. How to Completely Remove OneDrive

How to Completely Remove OneDrive: I know that this seems like a somewhat strange thing to do, but I need to completely get rid of my OneDrive-related files and transfer them to C:/Users/MyUserName/, not C:/Users/MyUserName/OneDrive/ . I need to do this because I believe that my School Network interferes with...
  10. Removing OneDrive

Removing OneDrive: I have just bought a DELL 27 7777 AIO computer. It has a small SSD and a 2TB HDD. It also has OneDrive pre-installed which I do not want. I have Uninstalled it and removed reference to it from those parts of windows 10 that I could easily access. However OneDrive it still...