Windows 10: Completely reset hidden Administrator account?

Discus and support Completely reset hidden Administrator account? in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hi, not sure if anyone can help - this is more of an OCD type request. I recently needed to activate the hidden Administrator account and on first run... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by babyblue, Mar 15, 2021.

1. babyblue Win User

Completely reset hidden Administrator account?

Hi, not sure if anyone can help - this is more of an OCD type request.

I recently needed to activate the hidden Administrator account and on first run it asked me to set a password and then ran the OOBE.

I found a page on EightForums where Brink explained how to reset the OOBE but this doesn't completely reset everything and the account retains its password. I know that the password can be deleted and the account can be set to ask for a new password when next logged in, but I am looking for a way (if possible) to completely reset it so that the next time I use it it will follow the same steps as the first time, as though I had never used it.

:)

babyblue, Mar 15, 2021
  2. babyblue Win User

Hi, not sure if anyone can help - this is more of an OCD type request.

I recently needed to activate the hidden Administrator account and on first run it asked me to set a password and then ran the OOBE.

I found a page on EightForums where Brink explained how to reset the OOBE but this doesn't completely reset everything and the account retains its password. I know that the password can be deleted and the account can be set to ask for a new password when next logged in, but I am looking for a way (if possible) to completely reset it so that the next time I use it it will follow the same steps as the first time, as though I had never used it.

babyblue, Mar 15, 2021
  3. Try3 Win User

It should not do that.
    1 What else has been done to that account in the past?
    2 Is its username still "Administrator" as listed in the response to the command net user
    3 If its username is still "Administrator", please post the response to the command net user Administrator

OOBE refers to the first boot of a newly-installed Windows 10.
    4 Did you just mean that it went through setting up the account as though it had never been logged into before [or as though its C:\Users\Administrator folder had been deleted after its last login]?

Denis

4. Completely reset hidden Administrator account?

FreeBooter, Mar 15, 2021
Thema:

1. Completely reset hidden Administrator account? - Similar Threads - Completely reset hidden

2. REMOVE hidden "Administrator Account"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    REMOVE hidden "Administrator Account": I am getting decidedly tired of the repeated messages in Windows 10 on my overpriced Microsoft-based Alienware computer telling me that I do not have administrator privileges and therefore my actions are blocked. I am the ONLY account on my PC besides the damned hidden admin...
  3. REMOVE hidden "Administrator Account"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    REMOVE hidden "Administrator Account": I am getting decidedly tired of the repeated messages in Windows 10 on my overpriced Microsoft-based Alienware computer telling me that I do not have administrator privileges and therefore my actions are blocked. I am the ONLY account on my PC besides the damned hidden admin...
  4. REMOVE hidden "Administrator Account"

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Completely reset hidden Administrator account?

in Windows 10 Support
    Completely reset hidden Administrator account?: Hi, not sure if anyone can help - this is more of an OCD type request. I recently needed to activate the hidden Administrator account and on first run it asked me to set a password and then ran the OOBE. I found a page on EightForums where Brink explained how to reset the...
  6. Resetting Administrator Account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Resetting Administrator Account: My son just managed to delete my account where I was the administrator. He is no longer on the system either. Based on this, I managed to log in as a local user but I do not have any administration rights. I realise Windows has a systems administrator, but how do you...
  7. Is your hidden administrator account inactive?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Is your hidden administrator account inactive?: I have been using the hidden administrator account for almost like 10 years. Is it really not recommend for daily use? I am puzzled with this kind of account. I see all my friends computer, and their computers don't have the hidden administrator active and disabled. I see the...
  8. Should i enable the hidden administrator account?

Should i enable the hidden administrator account?: Should i enable the hidden administrator account? Could someone clarify what the advantage is? 125074
  9. Hidden Administrator account, no backup admin

Hidden Administrator account, no backup admin: I foolishly hid my only administrator account using the registry editor and I can't do anything with the secondary account that I have on the computer. I went to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon Created a new key...
  10. Is it wise to use the preset hidden administrator account?

Is it wise to use the preset hidden administrator account?: I was wondering if I could use the premade admin account for my everyday one but I am not sure if it's safe to, or if not how could I make another user the overall admin? Danke 38348