Windows 10: Completely restored my computer from scratch a week ago and then this.... again

Discus and support Completely restored my computer from scratch a week ago and then this.... again in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/ahubs4032 [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ahubs4032, Nov 6, 2019.

1. Completely restored my computer from scratch a week ago and then this.... again

/u/ahubs4032, Nov 6, 2019
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Completely restored my computer from scratch a week ago and then this.... again :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Nov 6, 2019
  3. dalchina Win User
    System restore will not complete

Hi, what exactly do you believe you've done? Clearing the cache should have no consequences, and is sometimes a fault-finding step. How did you do that?

Or do you mean you deleted a folder?

However
    - this suggests something more serious is wrong. Could you post the exact message?

If you don't have a disk image you can restore (we constantly urge users to use disk imaging e.g. Macrium Reflect (free)) then try from an admin command prompt
    SFC /SCANNOW
    which might restore the missing file, depending on what it is.

Post back the result.

If it is successful, try System Restore again.

dalchina, Nov 6, 2019
  4. Completely restored my computer from scratch a week ago and then this.... again

laptop vista complete restore

Best thing I can suggest is backup any files you want and do a complete OS reinstall.

DonInKansas, Nov 6, 2019
Thema:

Completely restored my computer from scratch a week ago and then this.... again

1. Completely restored my computer from scratch a week ago and then this.... again - Similar Threads - Completely restored computer

2. Restoring GPO from Backup does not restore it completely ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restoring GPO from Backup does not restore it completely ?: Hi,I have tested this several times, I make a GPO backup and restore it in a different machine and the backup does not restore the GPO completely. In particular the Network Manager List - Network Name Value is not restored, however, when I check the GPO after restore it shows...
  3. Restoring GPO from Backup does not restore it completely ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Restoring GPO from Backup does not restore it completely ?: Hi,I have tested this several times, I make a GPO backup and restore it in a different machine and the backup does not restore the GPO completely. In particular the Network Manager List - Network Name Value is not restored, however, when I check the GPO after restore it shows...
  4. i want to build my own computer from scratch

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    i want to build my own computer from scratch: building my own computer from scratch https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-to-build-my-own-computer-from-scratch/aba08b63-151d-4261-9e77-479212c8cca3
  5. My computer updated a few weeks ago and this is what the desktop was like when it turned...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My computer updated a few weeks ago and this is what the desktop was like when it turned...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/brooksg99 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/mhg0vj/my_computer_updated_a_few_weeks_ago_and_this_is/
  6. Several issues since a week ago.

in Windows 10 Support
    Several issues since a week ago.: An important thing: at december 4th my computer was updated, yes it was updated by windows update itself. That update corrupted a lot of files to the point that i couldnt even open programs that i had installed and also couldnt open windows defender. I fixed it by...
  7. Registry from scratch

in Windows 10 Support
    Registry from scratch: Hi there guys. I've been tweaking and modifying the Windows registry for years now. Usually I use google to search for what I want, I also use programs like regshot to monitor changes to the registry as I change settings. One thing I wish to learn though is how do people...
  8. User profile wiped out. Reconstructed from scratch, wiped out again.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    User profile wiped out. Reconstructed from scratch, wiped out again.: chkdsk /r run, finding no corrupt sectors on hard disk. ------------------------------- CMD Run as Administrator: "DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth" Result C:\WINDOWS\system32> C:\WINDOWS\system32>The DISM log file can be found at...
  9. There was a person from Microsoft on my computer a few weeks ago

in Windows 10 Gaming
    There was a person from Microsoft on my computer a few weeks ago: I have purchased 118 sets of puzzles. I have over 1,000 credits, Cannot get puzzles to load now. When they do it says I have 2 puzzles in my collection. And they will not stay loaded. There was a person from Microsoft on my computer a few weeks ago and she did nothing to fix...
  10. windows backup sometimes starting completely from scratch...

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    windows backup sometimes starting completely from scratch...: My windows 10 "backup & restore (windows7)" runs every evening at 19.00h when it does an incremental backup. But sometimes (once every 6 months or so) it starts doing a completely new backup (which takes about 3 days since I backup over wifi to a network drive). Is...