Windows 10: Completely unable to click in the search field - Windows 10 1909

Discus and support Completely unable to click in the search field - Windows 10 1909 in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hey, I'm having this problem where I'm just not allowed to click the search field under "This PC" or any of the subsequent subfolders / drives. Can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/LordSchizoid, Nov 12, 2019.

1. Completely unable to click in the search field - Windows 10 1909

Hey,

I'm having this problem where I'm just not allowed to click the search field under "This PC" or any of the subsequent subfolders / drives. Can just keep clicking and nothing, not allowed to type in that field. This is a permanent thing. Anyone seen or heard of this bug before, anything I can do? This is the search field I'm referring to: https://i.imgur.com/cLbowr0.jpg

submitted by /u/LordSchizoid
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/LordSchizoid, Nov 12, 2019

2. Unable to type in search box or edge URL entry field

Hi,

Are you unable to just type in this fields or are these fields greyed out?

I would suggest you to first check if install all the latest updates available through Windows updates to make sure that you have all the patches. If you have already done this, then I would suggest try these steps and check if it

helps:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/view-delete-browsing-history-microsoft-edge

Try these steps and let us know the results for further assistance.

Bennet Martin, Nov 12, 2019
  3. kls17 Win User
    After windows 10 update search in outlook 2013 never completes

I've run into what I think is this same issue, although I'm not completely certain that it coincides with a Windows 10 update. I set up a user on a new Windows 10 Pro box, with Outlook 2013, and he found he was unable to search his PST files. We went through the whole standard list of troubleshooting search indexing options, including rebuilding the entire search index, without success. I also copied his PSTs to another system, and ran into the same issue, which eliminates disk errors, registry junk, and things unique to his machine. What finally worked for me were these steps:

1.In Outlook, go to Options -> Search -> indexing options -> Modify
    2. Uncheck "outlook" and the folder under your user where your PST files are located
    3. Close Outlook
    4. Give it a few minutes for processes to exit
    5. Restart Outlook
    6. Go to Options -> Search -> indexing options -> Modify
    7. Check the items you unchecked in step 2
    8. Select something in your PST file and click search to bring up the search window
    9. Select Advanced Find from the Search Tools pulldown
    10. Perform your search.

After this I was able to search again using the quick search option at the top of the message list pane.

I suspect this toggled some internal switch in Outlook which the index rebuild didn't touch.

kls17, Nov 12, 2019
  4. Kinnu18 Win User

Completely unable to click in the search field - Windows 10 1909

Cortana and search field not working

Hi,

Thank you for your reply, but the problem itself is I am unable to type anything in Search field. Then how can I do this action " a) Write Troubleshooting in
    the search box and hit enter. "

Please suggest.

Thanks

Kinnu

Kinnu18, Nov 12, 2019
Thema:

Completely unable to click in the search field - Windows 10 1909

1. Completely unable to click in the search field - Windows 10 1909 - Similar Threads - Completely unable click

2. Unable to click on Windows Start icon or enter input into Search field

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to click on Windows Start icon or enter input into Search field: On Windows 10 build 19044 I am unable to type into the 'Type her to search' field or invoke any functions from the Windows Start icon. There are no desktop icons visible. I created one and it didn't appear. Otherwise the OS seems to be working OK....
  3. Unable to click on Windows Start icon or enter input into Search field

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to click on Windows Start icon or enter input into Search field: On Windows 10 build 19044 I am unable to type into the 'Type her to search' field or invoke any functions from the Windows Start icon. There are no desktop icons visible. I created one and it didn't appear. Otherwise the OS seems to be working OK....
  4. Webpage search field

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Webpage search field: When I type in a search field from any website (google, reddit, yahoo) on either Chrome or Explorer, the suggestions are not highlighted as I scroll through them with the down arrow. Anyone knows a fix for this? submitted by /u/K3N5T3R [link] [comments]...
  5. Unable to complete the Feature Update to Windows 10, Version 1909

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to complete the Feature Update to Windows 10, Version 1909: Tried to run the update twice today. Both times, I get the same message saying it was unable to update something. The update history shows: Feature update to Windows 10, version 1909 2 Last failed install attempt on ‎9/‎10/‎2020 - 0xc1900101 The history shows failed...
  6. This 1909 file explorer search is a complete mess.

This 1909 file explorer search is a complete mess.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/SvenCuaresma [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/e2llqd/this_1909_file_explorer_search_is_a_complete_mess/
  7. Update to 1909 breaks folder search completely

Update to 1909 breaks folder search completely: I'm not even going to mention how thick and ugly the new search bar looks compared to the other ui elements, or how having to press enter to actually search for something instead of it happening in real time with each letter narrowing down the search like before; but what...
  8. Right-click not working at search field in folders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Right-click not working at search field in folders: Good afternoon, Since the last update of Windows 10, whenever I try to right-click at the search field inside folders nothing happens. It's like the ability to do it disappeared. A turnaround to this is to Ctrl+C the text I want to search for and then Ctrl+V inside the...
  9. Windows 10 - How to customize the search field.

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 - How to customize the search field.: Hello people. My first post, so I'm sorry if you make any gaffes, ok? Well, I have a very large video collection. I want to classify them by total video time, or length, as it is in Windows. It turns out that the options that Windows offers is not satisfactory. I...
  10. Unable to click Windows 10 search bar

in Cortana
    Unable to click Windows 10 search bar: I made a short video of the issue here: https://youtu.be/Bi47jEYQhmw Hopefully it helps, I thought it was maybe my keys sticking. This has happened once before for me on windows, though I believe it was on my laptop and the issue resolved itself, as far as I can remember....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. problem with win 10 1909 update

2. search box bug 1909

3. 1909 Windows 10 Type here to search box disappears

4. windows 10 explorer search unable to click,
  5. windows 10 disable web search 1909,
  6. windows 10 pro 1909 search pane fray,
  7. win 10 1909 search disappeared,
  8. unable to click in search field explorer,
  9. Completely unable to click in the search field - Windows 10 1909,
  10. Windows 10 1909 unable to type in search bar,
  11. search box 1909,