Windows 10: Completely unable to restore desktop after Windows 10 update

Discus and support Completely unable to restore desktop after Windows 10 update in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Hi! So as a lot of people I was surprised to see that all the files from my desktop were gone after updating my computer. I then checked some forums... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by ALDB, May 18, 2019.

1. ALDB Win User

Completely unable to restore desktop after Windows 10 update

Hi!
    So as a lot of people I was surprised to see that all the files from my desktop were gone after updating my computer. I then checked some forums and as it was mentioned all my files were in C:/Users/*name*/Desktop. I then dragged and dropped all my files to my actual desktop and everything was fine, I could now clearly see them. I then restarted my computer because it was getting very slow and when it was back on , all my files were gone again and C:/Users/*name*/Desktop was empty.
    I've been trying everything for the past few hours, but backup was not activated , I can not access any previous versions of my desktop folder, I have checked I was on the right account, used EaseUS Data recovery and restoring my computer to a previous version of Windows did not bring back my files.
    Is there a solution? Cause I never expressively deleted my files , they just seem to have vanished and some of them are absolutely crucial for my upcoming exam.
    I will be forever grateful to anyone who can help me get back my files or even understand what happened.
    Thanks in advance!

:)

2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Completely unable to restore desktop after Windows 10 update :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, May 18, 2019
  3. chispy Win User
    Creative X-Fi Soundcards and Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709 = Complete Disaster / Not Working

Thank you for trying to help , i did tried your suggestion but it did not work :/ , nothing seems to make it work on Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709. In the meantime i have bought a new SoundBlasterX AE-5 and it did installed flawlessly , no problems whatsoever. it is up to Creative ( drivers ) and Microsoft ( bug fix ) to fix this huge bugs with Audio.

Kind Regards: Chispy

chispy, May 18, 2019
  4. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, May 18, 2019
Thema:

1. Completely unable to restore desktop after Windows 10 update - Similar Threads - Completely unable restore

2. Unable to complete update.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to complete update.: Hi. My laptop is unable to complete optional quality update "2022-01 Cumulative Update Preview for Windows 10 Version 21H2 for x64-based Systems" KB5009596. As soon as the laptop restarts a message reads "Unable to complete update, uninstalling changes". This is the first...
  3. Unable to complete update.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to complete update.: Hi. My laptop is unable to complete optional quality update "2022-01 Cumulative Update Preview for Windows 10 Version 21H2 for x64-based Systems" KB5009596. As soon as the laptop restarts a message reads "Unable to complete update, uninstalling changes". This is the first...
  4. windows 10 21H2 updates and unable to complete installation after the restart.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 10 21H2 updates and unable to complete installation after the restart.: Microsoft have offered possible solutions but to date all have failed. Has anyone else had this problem and how have they resolved it? Unable to upgrade to windows 11 as PC not suitable....
  5. windows 10 21H2 updates and unable to complete installation after the restart.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows 10 21H2 updates and unable to complete installation after the restart.: Microsoft have offered possible solutions but to date all have failed. Has anyone else had this problem and how have they resolved it? Unable to upgrade to windows 11 as PC not suitable....
  6. windows 10 21H2 updates and unable to complete installation after the restart.

7. Unable to complete updates

Unable to complete updates: Three times now, my PC has tried to download and install updates over the past 24 hours and each time it's failed.Twice I've opted to turn my PC off so it can do the installation and once it's failed to respond to an "Update and close down" instruction.The same has happened...
  8. Unable to update Windows 10 after restore the system

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Unable to update Windows 10 after restore the system: Hello. Yesterday i made a system restore in my laptpop...and since that moment the windows update give me a error when try to reinstall the update x64 (KB4522355) error 0x80073712 that was already install without problems before i made the restore. Can anyone give some...
  9. Unable to restore Windows 10 desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to restore Windows 10 desktop: I'm stuck in start menu after changing to tablet mode on laptop but want to return to plain screen with icons. How do I manage this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-restore-windows-10-desktop/9e6bdcbd-c874-416d-a607-68df2053e036
  10. unable to complete update

unable to complete update: when ever i try to update the windows this file doesnt get installed and shows the following msg . tried restarting but to no avail and also tried it in safe mode 2018-11 Update for Windows 10 Version 1803 for x64-based Systems (KB4023057) - Error 0x80070643...