Windows 10: Completely unable to update my computer.

Discus and support Completely unable to update my computer. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; For the past couple of months, I haven’t been able to update my pc. I blew it off, then last night decided to try and fix it. I’ve tried EVERYTHING.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/CrackMyIP, May 4, 2020.

1. Completely unable to update my computer.

For the past couple of months, I haven’t been able to update my pc. I blew it off, then last night decided to try and fix it.

I’ve tried EVERYTHING. Then I found the source of the problem. The “Bits” or “Background Intelligent Transfer Service” is... destroyed?

I’ve tried everything in the book. I’ve done full system repairs to fix corrupt/missing files, I’ve done sfc scans, I’ve tried stopping and starting the service (which leads to either an error or a message that says the service is already trying to stop), I’ve used the trouble shooting tools, and I’ve looked up every single error I’ve gotten.

Nothing. To no avail. I’m so stressed and lost. My pc is all I’ve got. So time for some options that are off the table: I’m not buying a new pc (I don’t have the money), I can’t reset my system (whenever I do it says it failed and no changes were made), and I can’t boot windows off a USB (I’ve done that before and always end up breaking something like the two other laptops I’ve done it one).

I’m lost, and I have no idea what to do, any and all suggestions are welcome. Please help, thanks.

submitted by /u/CrackMyIP
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/CrackMyIP, May 4, 2020
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Completely unable to update my computer. :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, May 4, 2020
  3. Roan T Win User
    Unable to complete updates, specifically (KB4034658) and (KB3186568).

Hi Tery,

We would like to know more about the issue. Please
    clarify the following:

• Which build of Windows 10
      your computer is currently on?
    • Did you receive any error codes?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow the troubleshooting steps on this
    link to fix Windows Update errors.

Regards.

Roan T, May 4, 2020
  4. Ernie San Win User

Completely unable to update my computer.

Windows 10 is unable to complete shut down

We suggest doing these troubleshooting steps below:

Method 1. Hard Reset

• Shut down your computer.
    • Remove the cable and wires connected to your computer.
    • Press the Power button for 10 seconds to completely drain your device.
    • Check if there's any changes.
    Method 2. Shutdown trick.

• Press Windows key.
    • Press and hold Shift.
    • Click the Power icon.
    • Select and click Shutdown.
    Let us know the outcome.

Ernie San, May 4, 2020
Thema:

Completely unable to update my computer.

1. Completely unable to update my computer. - Similar Threads - Completely unable update

2. MY LAPTOP IS UNABLE TO COMPLETE UPDATES.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MY LAPTOP IS UNABLE TO COMPLETE UPDATES.: My laptop needs an update but each time I try, it will go as far as 100% complete and then there will be a pop-up with a message: "We couldn't complete the updates Undoing changes Don't turn off your computer"It has been going on in the last three weeks now and I don't have...
  3. MY LAPTOP IS UNABLE TO COMPLETE UPDATES.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MY LAPTOP IS UNABLE TO COMPLETE UPDATES.: My laptop needs an update but each time I try, it will go as far as 100% complete and then there will be a pop-up with a message: "We couldn't complete the updates Undoing changes Don't turn off your computer"It has been going on in the last three weeks now and I don't have...
  4. MY LAPTOP IS UNABLE TO COMPLETE UPDATES.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Unable to complete Updates on my PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to complete Updates on my PC: I've almost reached screaming point because nothing I do to repair my problem seems to work!I wrote here:"Three times now, my PC has tried to download and install updates over the past 24 hours and each time it's failed.Twice I've opted to turn my PC off so it can do the...
  6. Unable to complete Updates on my PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to complete Updates on my PC: I've almost reached screaming point because nothing I do to repair my problem seems to work!I wrote here:"Three times now, my PC has tried to download and install updates over the past 24 hours and each time it's failed.Twice I've opted to turn my PC off so it can do the...
  7. Unable to complete Updates on my PC

8. Unable to complete updates

Unable to complete updates: Three times now, my PC has tried to download and install updates over the past 24 hours and each time it's failed.Twice I've opted to turn my PC off so it can do the installation and once it's failed to respond to an "Update and close down" instruction.The same has happened...
  9. My computer will not complete updates.

My computer will not complete updates.: My computer keeps giving me error message when I try to get updates. I seem to be having issue with drivers and have uploaded the mini dump files to one drive with hopes that I get this issue resolved......
  10. My laptop is unable to complete updates

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My laptop is unable to complete updates: My laptop is unable to complete updates it is an Acer5560 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-is-unable-to-complete-updates/97621650-baa2-4671-a24b-f4bdc88aabf6