Windows 10: Completely wiping a storage device, including partitions.

Discus and support Completely wiping a storage device, including partitions. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Technical difficulty: ExpertApplies to: Windows 10 & 11Why wipe a storage device?These are reasons for wiping a storage device: - You have set up... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by LightJack05, Mar 20, 2022.

1. Completely wiping a storage device, including partitions.

Technical difficulty: ExpertApplies to: Windows 10 & 11Why wipe a storage device?These are reasons for wiping a storage device: - You have set up BitLocker and forgot/lost the password and recovery key. - You want to use the device for another purpose, and previously had Windows or another OS installed on it. - You have created a bootable USB drive and want to reuse it for something else.I will be showing you how to do this via Diskpart. There are other ways, but diskpart is the most straight forward.If you simply want to delete all files of it without changing the partition table and/or p

:)

LightJack05, Mar 20, 2022

2. Internal Storage devices being detected as removable devices

Hi,

I would suggest you to update your storage controller driver.

Method 1: Update Storage Controller Driver

Follow the steps.

• Press Windows key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Expand the Storage Controller.
    • Right-click on the Storage controller Driver
      and select Update Driver Software.
    • Wait for sometime and check if the issue persists.
    • Restart your system.
    Method 2: Uninstall and then reinstall Storage Controller driver from the Manufacturer's Website

Follow the steps.

• Press Windows key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Expand the Storage Controller.
    • Right-click on the Storage controller Driver
      and select Uninstall.
    • Now, go to the Manufacturer's website and download the latest storage controller driver.
    • Once the download is complete, double-click and run the setup file to complete installation.
    • Restart your system.
    Hope this helps. Please respond if you have further related queries.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, Mar 20, 2022
  3. W1zzard Win User
    W7 Hard drive partition issue

to get rid of that 100 meg windows partition that setup creates for you on a new install on a blank hdd:

- press shift+f10 when on the partition management screen in setup <-- this opens a command prompt
    - diskpart <-- start the windows command line partition management tool
    - list disk <--- list the installed hdds in this computer for the next step
    - select disk 0 <- might have to replace 0 with the number of the correct disk
    - clean <-- this will erase all data on the disk you selected one step up- dont use the wrong disk!
    - create partition primary <- creates a primary partition taking up all space on the drive, adjust the command if necessary
    - exit, exit to exit diskpart and the command prompt
    - click refresh in partition manager and select your newly created partition and install to that

W1zzard, Mar 20, 2022
  4. Kursah Win User

Completely wiping a storage device, including partitions.

Google Chrome keeps resetting bookmarks position

Can you list what tasks/steps you've done thus far in your attempt to resolve it?

Have you logged off your profile (if using Sync) and done a complete wipe of the browser?

How about uninstall and then wipe any remaining data?

Do you have another device you can sort on that it works fine or you could test with?

Kursah, Mar 20, 2022
Thema:

Completely wiping a storage device, including partitions.

1. Completely wiping a storage device, including partitions. - Similar Threads - Completely wiping storage

2. Wiped partition recovery

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wiped partition recovery: Hi community, So i have a big issue and i need your help. Yesterday i wanted to install win 11 on my laptop. I did the bootable usb and it was in mbr mode. When i tried to install windows it said that disc partition was in gpt. And i converted disc to mbr but in order to...
  3. windows 10 tool wiped external storage device

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows 10 tool wiped external storage device: I have had to spend over £100 to buy a new storage device after windowns 10 download destroyed my storage device of years. I m using a recovery tool to restore it onto a new storage device. however i am concerned it will do the same to the new device as soon as the recovery...
  4. windows 10 tool wiped external storage device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 10 tool wiped external storage device: I have had to spend over £100 to buy a new storage device after windowns 10 download destroyed my storage device of years. I m using a recovery tool to restore it onto a new storage device. however i am concerned it will do the same to the new device as soon as the recovery...
  5. windows 10 tool wiped external storage device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Completely wipe an SSD including Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Completely wipe an SSD including Windows 10: Hi there,I am looking to completely wipe an SSD, including the Windows on it, for use in another computer that already has an SSD with Windows 10 installed on it.The issue I am struggling with is that the SSD is the only drive in the PC and I have no other SSDs or hard...
  7. Completely wipe an SSD including Windows 10

Completely wipe an SSD including Windows 10: Hi there,I am looking to completely wipe an SSD, including the Windows on it, for use in another computer that already has an SSD with Windows 10 installed on it.The issue I am struggling with is that the SSD is the only drive in the PC and I have no other SSDs or hard...
  8. Completely wipe an SSD including Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. Completely wiping a storage device, including partitions.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Completely wiping a storage device, including partitions.: Technical difficulty: ExpertApplies to: Windows 10 & 11Why wipe a storage device?These are reasons for wiping a storage device: - You have set up BitLocker and forgot/lost the password and recovery key. - You want to use the device for another purpose, and previously had...
  10. Completely wiping a storage device, including partitions.

Completely wiping a storage device, including partitions.: Technical difficulty: ExpertApplies to: Windows 10 & 11Why wipe a storage device?These are reasons for wiping a storage device: - You have set up BitLocker and forgot/lost the password and recovery key. - You want to use the device for another purpose, and previously had...