Windows 10: Completely wiping PC so I can sell it, but it asks me how I would like to reinstall windows...

Discus and support Completely wiping PC so I can sell it, but it asks me how I would like to reinstall windows... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; As the title says I want to wipe my pc so I can sell it. I've gotten as far as it asking how I would like to install windows. It gives me the option... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/RizunShine, Jan 17, 2021.

1. Completely wiping PC so I can sell it, but it asks me how I would like to reinstall windows...

As the title says I want to wipe my pc so I can sell it.

I've gotten as far as it asking how I would like to install windows. It gives me the option of Cloud Download and Local Reinstall. Not sure which one to go with and I don't wanna screw up my pc right before I sell it. SO yea which one would I pick. Sorry I'm not very good with technology!

Thank you!

submitted by /u/RizunShine
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/RizunShine, Jan 17, 2021
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Completely wiping PC so I can sell it, but it asks me how I would like to reinstall windows... :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Jan 17, 2021
  3. laptop vista complete restore

Backup your important data and games and do a complete reinstall is someone suggested. This will help clean up clogged registry keys that are useless and slows down your PC and also wiping out undetectable spywares or viruses.

spearman914, Jan 17, 2021
  4. Completely wiping PC so I can sell it, but it asks me how I would like to reinstall windows...

Need to wipe & reinstall Windows 10 on an HP desktop before selling

The HP Pavilion desktop originally came with Windows 7 and I still have the product key on the sticker. We did the free upgrade to Windows 10.

I plan on using DBAN to completely wipe it before reinstalling Windows 10 so I can sell it to a stranger. How would I go about keeping the licensed Windows 10 that I currently have on the machine?

If I make a Windows 10 USB installer from the same computer, can I activate it on a fresh install even though the license is for Windows 7?

slacker032, Jan 17, 2021
Thema:

Completely wiping PC so I can sell it, but it asks me how I would like to reinstall windows...

1. Completely wiping PC so I can sell it, but it asks me how I would like to reinstall windows... - Similar Threads - Completely wiping sell

2. I would like to ask whats is causing these problems :

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I would like to ask whats is causing these problems :: 1 problem is this: Video.UI 6872, D,2 A52F7EE9-7DD1-4EGA-980B-6C4E9F2D662FJ; The database [CAUsers\edgar \AppData\ Local Packages\ Microsoft.ZuneVideo_&wekyb3d8bbwe\ LocalState\Database¡anonymous\mp.edb] format version is being held back to 8920 0x22d8 due to application...
  3. I would like to ask whats is causing these problems :

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I would like to ask whats is causing these problems :: 1 problem is this: Video.UI 6872, D,2 A52F7EE9-7DD1-4EGA-980B-6C4E9F2D662FJ; The database [CAUsers\edgar \AppData\ Local Packages\ Microsoft.ZuneVideo_&wekyb3d8bbwe\ LocalState\Database¡anonymous\mp.edb] format version is being held back to 8920 0x22d8 due to application...
  4. I would like to ask whats is causing these problems :

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. I would like to ask on how can I verify my Windows 10 Product key?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I would like to ask on how can I verify my Windows 10 Product key?: Hi, I'm a Windows 10 Home Single Language user before and I upgraded my laptop to Windows 10 Pro. I purchased my operating system from an online store with a physical CD and an unscratched product key. Now, I want to make sure I'm using a genuine operating system because I...
  6. I would like to ask on how can I verify my Windows 10 Product key?

I would like to ask on how can I verify my Windows 10 Product key?: Hi, I'm a Windows 10 Home Single Language user before and I upgraded my laptop to Windows 10 Pro. I purchased my operating system from an online store with a physical CD and an unscratched product key. Now, I want to make sure I'm using a genuine operating system because I...
  7. how to completely wipe everything off my laptop so that i can give it away.

how to completely wipe everything off my laptop so that i can give it away.: Hi,Please could you send me directions to completely wipe everything from my laptop so that I can give it to someone else without needing to sign into my account. It is a Hp stream laptop....
  8. hello i would like to ask if i can turn this off?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    hello i would like to ask if i can turn this off?: [ATTACH] hello i would like to ask if i can turn this off? i don't know what it is called. sorry it is in danish, but should not matter. https://preview.redd.it/buqjfj6kiyb61.png?width=1419&format=png&auto=webp&s=ca704f1e294fd4192733ba15ff1e973823906625 submitted by...
  9. I would like to fully wipe all my disks and reinstall Windows 10 on my ssd

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I would like to fully wipe all my disks and reinstall Windows 10 on my ssd: Disk 0 = hard drive Disk 1 = SSD [ATTACH]Hi, I just bought an SSD and tried to clone my windows 10 onto it from my hard drive. I did this, changed it to bootload and everything was fine. I cleaned my hard drive and everything was looking good. However, I restarted my...
  10. would like to sell my laptop

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    would like to sell my laptop: best way to set it on default? i've saved on external drive. thanks! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/would-like-to-sell-my-laptop/c06506ed-2f37-49a6-b54a-251bdf2a17e6"