Windows 10: Complex Copy Across Drives Question

Discus and support Complex Copy Across Drives Question in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; It has been ages since I tried to do something like this at the command line. I have a micro-CD that installs an application. I could not mount it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by mikeincousa, Dec 17, 2019.

1. Complex Copy Across Drives Question

It has been ages since I tried to do something like this at the command line.

I have a micro-CD that installs an application. I could not mount it using the Desktop. When I tried to mount it Windows wanted to reformat it.

I was able to access the CD using
    PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> F:
    PS F:\> dir
    Directory: F:\
    Mode LastWriteTime Length Name
    ---- ------------- ------ ----
    --r--- 2/14/2019 5:35 PM 32896846 ABPM(F)_V5.3.1_Setup.exe

I want to copy the setup file from the CD to the HD.
    To that end I tried a couple of Copy command variations but have not been able to get them work.

This one seemed the most plausible?
    copy F:\ABPM(F)_V5.3.1_Setup.exe C:\Users\mikei\Downloads\O.Monitor

This one stalled too:

copy F:\Setup.exe C:\Users\mikei\Downloads\O.Monitor

Could someone kindly provide the correct syntax?

Thanks for any thoughts.

:)

mikeincousa, Dec 17, 2019
  2. KomouPoji Win User

how to copy files from the CD to the Computer drive

Hi Hankriegler,

I would suggest you to follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X.

• Click file explorer from the list.

• Select the CD/DVD drive and hit Enter.

• Select the files you want to copy from the CD/DVD, then select the drive where you want to paste or save.
    I hope the information is helpful.

Thank you.

KomouPoji, Dec 17, 2019
  3. Access Denied trying to copy from external drive

Hello,

We realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with copying file from external drive on C drive. We will certainly help you.

It would be grateful if you can reply to this questions in order to assist you further:

• Have you tried copying the file in some other location on your system?
    • What is the exact error message you receive?
    • Which all troubleshooting steps have you already tried?

We suggest you to try copying the file in Safe mode and check if you are able to. Follow the steps from link below:

Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10

Let us know the results. We will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Dec 17, 2019
  4. Try3 Win User

Complex Copy Across Drives Question

Need solution for automating transferring of files to flash drives

I am wary of jumping straight in at the deep end so I have a couple of questions.

1 How do you know which files to copy to which memory stick? Can you put a list for each one in a text file?
    2 Are you free to give each memory stick a specific label so that it can be detected in order to trigger the specific list that you have written for that memory stick?

I do have a batch file procedure for identifying the drive letter currently being used for a given external drive label. So perhaps you could trigger a common batch file that
    Step 1 - checks each drive in turn to read its label and then find its current drive letter
    Step 2 - for each detected drive, look up the list given in the batch file to identify which [if any] text file to look in to find the files to copy to that memory stick.
    Step 3 - copies the files listed in the relevant text file

Denis

Thema:

Complex Copy Across Drives Question

1. Complex Copy Across Drives Question - Similar Threads - Complex Copy Across

2. Print Copy question

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Print Copy question: I accidently saved my work document as a "Print Copy". Now I cant adjust the text and pictures to properly fit the pages. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/print-copy-question/58f0bf48-d24e-480f-a3e7-6edebc656be4
  3. Copy And Paste Question ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Copy And Paste Question ?: Hi, On my Mac, it's very easy to do a COPY of any image, or part of any image, or most anything showing, by simply holding down Control-ALT-4 and dragging around what you want to copy.. Can't find anything equivalent on my W10 pc. Is there ? And, is there some program I...
  4. Copying files across 2 hard disks

Copying files across 2 hard disks: Hello, I have successfully copied about 500GB of files from a hard disk containing 800GB to a 2nd hard disk. But I now need to copy the other 300GB onto a 3rd hard disk. So what I want to know is if there is an XCOPY command or something similar to copy all files from the...
  5. Complex themes?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Complex themes?: I have been using windows for a long time and i looked at macOS and i like the window border better and was wondering how i could download it without messing up my PC submitted by /u/PhantomGamerTV43 [link] [comments]...
  6. Copy paste question

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Copy paste question: So I have what might be an easy question, but I can’t find an answer by googling: how can I get the “merge formatting” paste option in Word on a Mac? submitted by /u/Liz600 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/dt3tuv/copy_paste_question/
  7. Intermittent Problem copying files across my network

Intermittent Problem copying files across my network: I'm having a bizarre problem copying files from one of my networked computers to other computers on the network. Here are the details: I have four computers on my home network, as follows: 1. A home built PC running Windows 10 Home (see system spec in my profile). 2. An...
  8. Complex(?) W10 licensing question - 2PCs, 2 licenses, need to transfer

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Complex(?) W10 licensing question - 2PCs, 2 licenses, need to transfer: Hello I'm aware that the W10 license is in some way tied to your hardware setup but I'd like to know if and how I can achieve the following. I've just bought a new PC from eBay which has a fresh W10 on a fast NMVE drive. My old PC (which I'll be giving to the kids) has W10...
  9. Complex(?) W10 licensing question - 2PCs, 2 licenses, need to transfer

in Windows 10 Support
    Complex(?) W10 licensing question - 2PCs, 2 licenses, need to transfer: Hello I'm aware that the W10 license is in some way tied to your hardware setup but I'd like to know if and how I can achieve the following. I've just bought a new PC from eBay which has a fresh W10 on a fast NMVE drive. My old PC (which I'll be giving to the kids) has W10...
  10. Password complexity

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Password complexity: Hi all it's now day 4 .searching for solution I don't want to install new windows *Smile my problem is windows not accept any password or remove password , always say's "not meet password complexity" ,although no password entered !!!! I changed and reset security...