Windows 10: Complications with HomeGroup on Windows 10 (Yes, after it was removed)

Discus and support Complications with HomeGroup on Windows 10 (Yes, after it was removed) in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hello, I had a Homegroup set up on Windows 10 before it was removed from Windows 10. Despite this, my computer still is part of the homegroup I set up,... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by WillardZhang, Jul 5, 2019.

1. Complications with HomeGroup on Windows 10 (Yes, after it was removed)

Hello, I had a Homegroup set up on Windows 10 before it was removed from Windows 10. Despite this, my computer still is part of the homegroup I set up, even though the settings for it was removed. I also have a Windows 7 computer which I am trying to sync with the Windows 10 computer, and attempting to access the folder I shared requires the Homegroup password which I forgot. As my Windows 10 computer was the one which set it up, I had to go there for the password, except Homegroup was removed.

Is there a way to
    A) Completely delete the homegroup so I can set up a new network for syncing
    B) Somehow get the homegroup password

Any help would be appreciated.

:)

WillardZhang, Jul 5, 2019

2. ''GHOST'' homegroup removal from start up

Hi Russel,

Utilizing a HomeGroup makes things easier to share. Since you're not using the HomeGroup feature, we suggest that you disable it instead to have your Microsoft Account be the default sign-in on Startup. Follow the steps listed below to disable
    HomeGroup:

Step 1: Leave the HomeGroup. (This only applies if your PC is currently part of a HomeGroup. If your PC is not part of any group then proceed to Step 2.)

• Type HomeGroup in the Search bar and press
      Enter
    • Under Other homegroup actions click on the Leave the homegroup option.
    • On the Leave the Homegroup window, confirm that you want to leave by clicking Leave the homegroup.
    • Click the Finish button when the wizard finishes removing you from the HomeGroup.
    Step 2: Disable HomeGroup Services

You'll need to disable two HomeGroup services to disable the HomeGroup feature in Windows.

• Type Services in the Search bar and press Enter.
    • Scroll down on the list and look for HomeGroup Listener and
      HomeGroup Provider
      services. Double-click the HomeGroup Listener service to open its properties window.
    • In the Properties window, select Disabled from the
      Startup type drop-down menu and then click OK.
    • Do the same procedure for the HomeGroup Provider services.
    If you need further assistance, just don't hesitate to let us know.

Eileen Gal, Jul 5, 2019
  3. Password in Homegroup on Windows 10

Hi Clay,

Thank you for responding.

As your concern is to remove/ exit from the HomeGroup, I suggest you to try the below steps and check:

• Press Windows key from the keyboard, type HomeGroup
      and select it.
    • Click in the HomeGroup and click on Leave the HomeGroup.

For more information:
    HomeGroup from start to finish

Click on More options.

(Applies to Windows 10 as well)

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status for this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Jul 5, 2019
  4. Complications with HomeGroup on Windows 10 (Yes, after it was removed)

Windows 10 HomeGroup Broken

Hello,

We suggest running the homegroup troubleshooter. It automatically diagnose and repair common problems with viewing computer or shared files in homegroup. Refer to the steps below:

• Press the Windows key, and type Troubleshooting, and press the
      Enter key.
    • At the Troubleshooting window, click View all
      at the left pane.
    • Select Homegroup from the list to start the troubleshooter.

Also, we recommend checking the steps that workarounds provided by Marilyn360
    on this thread.

We look forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Jul 5, 2019
Thema:

Complications with HomeGroup on Windows 10 (Yes, after it was removed)

1. Complications with HomeGroup on Windows 10 (Yes, after it was removed) - Similar Threads - Complications HomeGroup Yes

2. Windows 10 Networking after Homegroup Removed and Workgroup Added

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Networking after Homegroup Removed and Workgroup Added: I cannot connect my laptop and desktop after the Windows 10 update. I can see the computers on the network but it keeps giving me an error that I don't have permission and to check with my Administrator. I am the administrator. I don't know how to resolve this issue. Can...
  3. Why the complications? Homegroup no longer available in Windows 10!!!!!!!!!! Are Microsoft...

Why the complications? Homegroup no longer available in Windows 10!!!!!!!!!! Are Microsoft...: In windows 7 I used homegroup to connect to one single network, thereby having easy access between computers. In Windows 10 this is no longer available! Having tried for the past month or so to connect my computers, I am seriously considering reverting to Windows 7, unless...
  4. Homegroup functionality removed from Windows 10 WHY?

Homegroup functionality removed from Windows 10 WHY?: Why did Microsoft chose to remove Homegroup functionality from Windows 10? Did Microsoft have it's customers best interests at heart or something else? How can I work around the functionality that Microsoft took away in the latest version(s) of Windows 10? I used to be...
  5. Win10 Networking After Removal of HomeGroup

Win10 Networking After Removal of HomeGroup: Hello! I saw your recent post and decided that you may be able to help me and others who later read this post. My issue and rant: With Windows recent update (Ver 1803), the simple task of networking two home computers has become a nightmare. I cannot understand how a...
  6. homegroup removed from windows 10 (version 18030

homegroup removed from windows 10 (version 18030: How do I access the info on "Homegroup removed from Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/homegroup-removed-from-windows-10-version-18030/b112a29c-3545-4027-8626-54b2f2dd2a47
  7. shared folders not accessible after HomeGroup removed

shared folders not accessible after HomeGroup removed: I have three computers, two of them connected directly to the router, one over WiFi. All three of them run the latest version of Win 10 built 1803 (build 17134.191) . Ever since I upgraded the computers to 1803 and HomeGroup was removed, I have been having problems with...
  8. Windows 10 file sharing videos to android vlc after homegroup removal.

Windows 10 file sharing videos to android vlc after homegroup removal.: Hello, I used to use the Windows 10 HomeGroup file sharing to allow my android device to view videos from my PC, however after removing HomeGroup in the 1803 update I no longer can share my videos, and I can not for the life of me figure out this new folder sharing. For...
  9. HomeGroup to be removed ?

HomeGroup to be removed ?: HomeGroup will be removed in the next feature update for Windows 10. After you install that update when it’s available, you won’t be able to share files and printers using HomeGroup. However, you can still do these things by using features that are built into Windows 10....
  10. Add or Remove Homegroup Desktop Icon in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Homegroup Desktop Icon in Windows 10: How to: Add or Remove Homegroup Desktop Icon in Windows 10 [img] Information A homegroup is a group of PCs on a home network that can share devices (such as printers), and libraries (such as your Documents, Pictures, Music, and Video libraries). Using a homegroup makes...