Windows 10: Component numbers on Task Manager

Discus and support Component numbers on Task Manager in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; does a high component numbers on task manager slow down my laptop?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by AZBlueDog, Sep 22, 2020.

1. AZBlueDog Win User

Component numbers on Task Manager

does a high component numbers on task manager slow down my laptop?

:)

AZBlueDog, Sep 22, 2020
  2. TerriB Win User

Win 10 Task Manager - Startup list - numbers next to items

I have (15) next to Google Chrome in my apps list on the task manager. I pulled down the arrow and there is a list of 15 Google Chrome items but what does that really mean to me? I only have 4 tabs open so have no clue what the (15) is representing. They all have good sized memory numbers.

TerriB, Sep 22, 2020
  3. Win 10 Task Manager - Startup list - numbers next to items

Oh, that's interesting! I never in a billion times ten years guessed it meant that!

This is what I see in my TM startup list:

Component numbers on Task Manager [​IMG]

Sincerely,

Wonder Woman, Sep 22, 2020
  4. saiatla Win User

Number in parentheses besides the apps in Task Manager.

What are the numbers in parentheses beside apps in Task Manager? And what do they mean?

One answer i read for this on internet was telling that it is the number of components used by that particular app. But I didn't get what is meant by components.Can anyone explain??

saiatla, Sep 22, 2020
Thema:

1. Component numbers on Task Manager - Similar Threads - Component numbers Task

2. PID number not showing up on Task Manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PID number not showing up on Task Manager: I’ve been suspecting that someone may have hacked my laptop due to a couple of reasons…and so I researched on ways to find out if my laptop has indeed been hacked and one of the ways was through the netstat -ano command. The article said to take note of the “ESTABLISHED”...
  3. PID number not showing up on Task Manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PID number not showing up on Task Manager: I’ve been suspecting that someone may have hacked my laptop due to a couple of reasons…and so I researched on ways to find out if my laptop has indeed been hacked and one of the ways was through the netstat -ano command. The article said to take note of the “ESTABLISHED”...
  4. Uninstall Intel Management Engine Components

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Uninstall Intel Management Engine Components: I have recently checked that "Intel Management Engine Components" Actually an app is taking up about 432MB, should I uninstall it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/uninstall-intel-management-engine-components/befdb09a-1992-4397-8a92-852668fcbaf5
  5. Uninstall Intel Management Engine Components

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Uninstall Intel Management Engine Components: I have recently checked that "Intel Management Engine Components" Actually an app is taking up about 432MB, should I uninstall it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/uninstall-intel-management-engine-components/befdb09a-1992-4397-8a92-852668fcbaf5
  6. Number in parentheses besides the apps in Task Manager.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Number in parentheses besides the apps in Task Manager.: What are the numbers in parentheses beside apps in Task Manager? And what do they mean? One answer i read for this on internet was telling that it is the number of components used by that particular app. But I didn't get what is meant by components.Can anyone explain??...
  7. Same number of cores as processors in Task manager

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Same number of cores as processors in Task manager: The short of it is that task manager is displaying the correct number of CPU cores, 6, but also saying that there are only 6 logical processors. Here's the context: I just received the Dell precision 7540 that I ordered so that I can run engineering simulations etc while...
  8. Number of processes core showing on task manager is wrong

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Number of processes core showing on task manager is wrong: The task manager showing only one Processor Core while Device manager shows 4 No of Core. the print screen attached.... [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/number-of-processes-core-showing-on-task-manager/5d5d3eea-aa7d-4bdd-b692-57fe94a1fe66
  9. Microsoft language component installer task

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft language component installer task: I have a machine that is set to run this installer when a user logs on and when the system is idle (set to repeat every 1 day). The language installer is running every few minutes and using most of the log file for my scheduled tasks....
  10. Intel(R) Management Engine Component

in Windows 10 Customization
    Intel(R) Management Engine Component: When I ran "smart scan anitvirus" on laptop it said, if I put Management Engine component to sleep, it would help the speed of my pc. My virus app can do it. Will I have any problems if I do this? Will it keep from updating windows or programs? Purchased: 2013 Toshiba...