Windows 10: Components of a Driver Package migration

Discus and support Components of a Driver Package migration in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, guys, I have an Hp-14af116 / AMD A8-7410 APU with AMD Radeon R5 Graphics 6GB running a Windows 7 in a Virtual Machine, but the performance is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ranrodrig, Mar 16, 2018.

1. ranrodrig Win User

Components of a Driver Package migration

Hello, guys, I have an Hp-14af116 / AMD A8-7410 APU with AMD Radeon R5 Graphics 6GB running a Windows 7 in a Virtual Machine, but the performance is very poor so I decided to install windos7 dual boot with Windows 10 following the instructions on a post but I got an issue with the lack of drivers.

So I reviewed HP & AMD site for Windows 7 IDE & USB3 drivers and they are not available for such OS, so I copied the c:\Windows\system32\Drivers (VM ones) to an USB but nothing is showed and after investigating I found that there're .inf & .cat files despite .sys ones and at this point I'm totally lost.

My question is: can you tell me what files do I need to copy to my USB and where are they located besides c:\Windows\system32\Drivers?

TIA for your help.

:)

ranrodrig, Mar 16, 2018

2. Creative Console Launcher Windows 10

#1 is definitely still an issue. For me it's actually been since the 9926 build.

Something is happening when Win 10 encounters the device and installs the driver package on each new build.

The driver installs and the sound does work, but the various software components no longer recognize the installed card. Most people want the Console Launcher, but other components such as the Volume Panel don't work either. The error says "No supported
    hardware exists."

It's not so much breaking the software as it is somehow reassigning the identity of the sound card so that the software no longer recognizes it. The uninstall/reinstall of the older drivers (though not Creative's own driver, the Daniel K drivers) correctly
    assigns the device identity and the software components work again. (Or more accurately the ID is what the components are expecting.)

Also the binaries, themselves, don't seem to be the issue. I've gotten it to work with different driver binary versions of the driver. It's something the install package itself is doing (a registry setting, an .ini file somewhere) that causes the components
    to no longer recognize the device.

Not at home now, but I'll try tomorrow to just do a driver update on the card itself via device manager and just point it at a different binary. That may tell us if it's in the released driver package or Windows 10 itself.

DwayneHall, Mar 16, 2018
  3. BSOD issue in win10, from graphics driver

And here's the crash logs after I attempted the clean install/anniversary driver, with all the optional components left out of the install: crash g

In the Advanced/Clean Install guide it said the only mandatory component was the graphics driver package, so I left out the others; if advised, I can attempt another clean install with the optional components included

CrashTestUser, Mar 16, 2018
  4. Berton Win User

Did you look in C: for a Folder about drivers? Some OEMs will have them there. An example: my Dell Vostro 1510 has a C:\Dell\Drivers Folder and a C:\Drivers Folder.

But a question: did the Notebook come with Win10? If so, it's quite possible suitable drivers for Win7 were not created.

Berton, Mar 16, 2018
Thema:

1. Components of a Driver Package migration - Similar Threads - Components Driver Package

2. Signing a driver package

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Signing a driver package: Is a release signature created through a Software Publisher Certificate SPC valid for Windows 10? Or the only way to do it is Hardware Certification Kit? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/signing-a-driver-package/7bb3f0b1-de9d-4127-bde7-aef09031637b
  3. Failed to Find driver packages

Failed to Find driver packages: Split from this thread. Hi I could not removed my printers which are HP 8610 and Brother Printer from programs and features. I also could not removed them from setting, App features. So, I delete it from Registry and now I got error and don't know how to fix them. However,...
  4. Audio Drivers Device Not Migrated

Audio Drivers Device Not Migrated: For several months, both my headset Logitech USB and microphone Samson GoMic USB have had issues. They can work, but my microphone is too quiet and muffled and only one setting can be recorded. My headset is too loud, and I have to turn down every program to be very quiet....
  5. "Generic Software Component" driver issue

"Generic Software Component" driver issue: I was using Driver Easy to install some drivers related to my motherboard and chipset, but when I go to try and install them driver easy says my current drivers are as old as 2006, and are simply named "Generic Software Component" and none of those show up in device manager,...
  6. about unknown component missing drivers.

about unknown component missing drivers.: hello i need some help please.. here are the unknown device properties. under events.. Device ROOT\MEDIA\0000 was configured. Driver Name: null Class Guid: {00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000} Driver Date:...
  7. Caution on NVIDIA driver package.

Caution on NVIDIA driver package.: Downloaded latest NVIDIA driver for my RTX2060 card. Install offered choice of the full package or simply the driver, I selected the former. This turned out to be "bloatware" consisting mainly of the GEFORCE EXPERIENCE and some games centred stuff. Immediately afterwards...
  8. Aura and the components/drivers it leaves behind??????

Aura and the components/drivers it leaves behind??????: so I installed aura because rgb lighting was wanting to turn it off, (I fixed that matter) but now it's left things behind and I can't seem to get rid of them under app's and features modify and uninstall is not available examples are asus aura vga component/ asus glckio2...
  9. new touchscreen driver will not migrate

new touchscreen driver will not migrate: I recently replaced the touchscreen on a Lenovo Yoga 710. It was manufactured by Lenovo, matched to the serial number to the computer. Upon boot-up or wake-up, the touchscreen does not work. It does not show up in Device Manager. But a 12C HID does show up, with the yellow...
  10. "Unable to find a core driver package that is required by the printer driver package"

"Unable to find a core driver package that is required by the printer driver package": Please don't respond with anything other than a download link for the core driver files that microsoft needs to let print drivers install. I've downloaded the printer drivers from the manufacturer and they won't install because "Unable to find a core driver package that is...