Windows 10: Components of a Driver Package migration

Discus and support Components of a Driver Package migration in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, guys, I have an Hp-14af116 / AMD A8-7410 APU with AMD Radeon R5 Graphics 6GB running a Windows 7 in a Virtual Machine, but the performance is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ranrodrig, Mar 16, 2018.

1. ranrodrig Win User

Components of a Driver Package migration

Hello, guys, I have an Hp-14af116 / AMD A8-7410 APU with AMD Radeon R5 Graphics 6GB running a Windows 7 in a Virtual Machine, but the performance is very poor so I decided to install windos7 dual boot with Windows 10 following the instructions on a post but I got an issue with the lack of drivers.

So I reviewed HP & AMD site for Windows 7 IDE & USB3 drivers and they are not available for such OS, so I copied the c:\Windows\system32\Drivers (VM ones) to an USB but nothing is showed and after investigating I found that there're .inf & .cat files despite .sys ones and at this point I'm totally lost.

My question is: can you tell me what files do I need to copy to my USB and where are they located besides c:\Windows\system32\Drivers?

TIA for your help.

:)

ranrodrig, Mar 16, 2018

2. Creative Console Launcher Windows 10

#1 is definitely still an issue. For me it's actually been since the 9926 build.

Something is happening when Win 10 encounters the device and installs the driver package on each new build.

The driver installs and the sound does work, but the various software components no longer recognize the installed card. Most people want the Console Launcher, but other components such as the Volume Panel don't work either. The error says "No supported
    hardware exists."

It's not so much breaking the software as it is somehow reassigning the identity of the sound card so that the software no longer recognizes it. The uninstall/reinstall of the older drivers (though not Creative's own driver, the Daniel K drivers) correctly
    assigns the device identity and the software components work again. (Or more accurately the ID is what the components are expecting.)

Also the binaries, themselves, don't seem to be the issue. I've gotten it to work with different driver binary versions of the driver. It's something the install package itself is doing (a registry setting, an .ini file somewhere) that causes the components
    to no longer recognize the device.

Not at home now, but I'll try tomorrow to just do a driver update on the card itself via device manager and just point it at a different binary. That may tell us if it's in the released driver package or Windows 10 itself.

DwayneHall, Mar 16, 2018
  3. BSOD issue in win10, from graphics driver

And here's the crash logs after I attempted the clean install/anniversary driver, with all the optional components left out of the install: crash g

In the Advanced/Clean Install guide it said the only mandatory component was the graphics driver package, so I left out the others; if advised, I can attempt another clean install with the optional components included

CrashTestUser, Mar 16, 2018
  4. Berton Win User

Did you look in C: for a Folder about drivers? Some OEMs will have them there. An example: my Dell Vostro 1510 has a C:\Dell\Drivers Folder and a C:\Drivers Folder.

But a question: did the Notebook come with Win10? If so, it's quite possible suitable drivers for Win7 were not created.

Berton, Mar 16, 2018
Thema:

1. Components of a Driver Package migration - Similar Threads - Components Driver Package

2. internal Components Drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    internal Components Drivers: Hello, Win 10 with the latest updates is installed on my laptop. on device manager, some components seem missing the right driver to function properly snapshot attached. Please reply back should the snapshot is not uploaded correctly and if you need further information.Kindly...
  3. internal Components Drivers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    internal Components Drivers: Hello, Win 10 with the latest updates is installed on my laptop. on device manager, some components seem missing the right driver to function properly snapshot attached. Please reply back should the snapshot is not uploaded correctly and if you need further information.Kindly...
  4. internal Components Drivers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Uninstalling driver package

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Uninstalling driver package: To get audio from some of my devices over USB devices are connected to the pc with USB cables I have to install a Windows driverpackage of Slicon Laborities. The package filename is CP210x_Windows_Drivers.zip. Due to several error messages from the devices like "Can not open...
  6. Uninstalling driver package

Uninstalling driver package: To get audio from some of my devices over USB devices are connected to the pc with USB cables I have to install a Windows driverpackage of Slicon Laborities. The package filename is CP210x_Windows_Drivers.zip. Due to several error messages from the devices like "Can not open...
  7. Driver migration

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Driver migration: Hi, I have a DocuMate 252 scanner which is an obsolete model, can't find it's driver in manufacturer website, I have it's driver installed on my Win7 pc, is there any way that I can migrate the driver and have the scanner working with Win10?...
  8. Driver migration

Driver migration: Hi, I have a DocuMate 252 scanner which is an obsolete model, can't find it's driver in manufacturer website, I have it's driver installed on my Win7 pc, is there any way that I can migrate the driver and have the scanner working with Win10?...
  9. Driver migration

10. Signing a driver package

Signing a driver package: Is a release signature created through a Software Publisher Certificate SPC valid for Windows 10? Or the only way to do it is Hardware Certification Kit? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/signing-a-driver-package/7bb3f0b1-de9d-4127-bde7-aef09031637b