Windows 10: Comprehensive list of privacy settings? Also: Death to telemetry.

Discus and support Comprehensive list of privacy settings? Also: Death to telemetry. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I think I've got most of them locked down, but this is probably the 6th time I've tried to set up Windows in the past year or so -- it's a long story... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Karath Vanashta, Apr 18, 2020.

1. Comprehensive list of privacy settings? Also: Death to telemetry.

I think I've got most of them locked down, but this is probably the 6th time I've tried to set up Windows in the past year or so -- it's a long story involving a lot of defective merchandise -- and it all blends together. It's not a particularly intuitive process either.

Also? Death to telemetry. I can't find anything recent on how to disable it and/or uninstall components and internet searches keep sending me to this jerk's article.

:)

Karath Vanashta, Apr 18, 2020

2. Comprehensive list of privacy settings? Also: Death to telemetry.

I think I've got most of them locked down, but this is probably the 6th time I've tried to set up Windows in the past year or so -- it's a long story involving a lot of defective merchandise -- and it all blends together. It's not a particularly intuitive process either.

Also? Death to telemetry. I can't find anything recent on how to disable it and/or uninstall components and internet searches keep sending me to this jerk's article.

Karath Vanashta, Apr 18, 2020
  3. torre Win User
    Win10 Telemetry

Good article from ZDNet.

http://www.zdnet.com/article/microso...on-off-switch/

torre, Apr 18, 2020
  4. syrup Win User

Comprehensive list of privacy settings? Also: Death to telemetry.

NVIDIA Telemetry Spooks Privacy-sensitive Users, How to Disable it

I'm sure you've got Windows 10 and/or GeForce users who:

- Do have an issue with telemetry, but aren't convinced it's intrusive enough to justify avoiding the software.

- Do have an issue with telemetry, and do accept the most extreme claims about its intrusiveness, but this is still outweighed by the disadvantages of avoiding the software.

- Do or did have an issue with telemetry but were keen to use the software and weren't able to handle the cognitive dissonance, so they supressed their telemetry concerns either universally, or in this specific instance.

- Have concerns about telemetry, but don't see any harm in this context (e.g. believe it'll only be used for purposes they consider benign, such as product improvement, marketing strategies...).

- Simply don't have any issue with telemetry of any kind (e.g. "it sends them a list of all my passwords and all my files? so what?!").

- Switch between several of the above positions depending what day of the week it is.

Add to that individual nuances and perhaps even people who don't fit any of the above.

syrup, Apr 18, 2020
Thema:

Comprehensive list of privacy settings? Also: Death to telemetry.

1. Comprehensive list of privacy settings? Also: Death to telemetry. - Similar Threads - Comprehensive list privacy

2. Apps list empty on "Settings" -> "Privacy" -> "Notifications"

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Apps list empty on "Settings" -> "Privacy" -> "Notifications": Hi, I am running Windows 10 64 bits build 19042.746, and I just noticed that on "Settings" -> Privacy" -> "Notifications", the list under "Choose which Apps can access your notifications" is empty. This was not the case some time ago a couple of weeks, and I had no...
  3. Telemetry Settings meaning

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Telemetry Settings meaning: In telemetry full settings its says itqq send advance diagnostic data which include the files and content ? Does it mean private files at the moment of crash ?...
  4. Microsoft Office 365 privacy and telemetry

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Microsoft Office 365 privacy and telemetry: @Brink Is there a comprehensive thread on tenforums (or reddit or elsewhere) that details various registry tweaks and windows settings to enable/disable telemetry and privacy for Office 365? Tutorials on tenforums give plenty of information about Windows privacy and...
  5. Telemetry settings

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Telemetry settings: What does it meaning of system state at the time of hang or crash, and the files and content, Files and content meaning.....[IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/telemetry-settings/2d3df6a7-8241-4fc7-b99c-d64b825e2cb6
  6. Privacy Settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Privacy Settings: I am having a problem with Minecraft Windows 10 Edition. I have already logged in with my Xbox Live account as I wanted to join servers and play multiplayer. As I logged in, it showed "You cannot play multiplayer through Xbox Live because of how your account is set up. This...
  7. Privacy settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Privacy settings: When In Settings>Privacyonly under Windows permissions>diagnostics&feedback and App permissions>Camera do I get*Some of these settings are hidden or managed by your organization. I am the only one using this laptop and am shown as administrator. How can I resolve this...
  8. Comprehensive List of Keyboard Shortcuts

in Windows 10 Support
    Comprehensive List of Keyboard Shortcuts: I ran across this this afternoon and thought y'all might like it: Complete List of Windows 10 Keyboard Shortcuts and Run Commands by a friend and fellow Beta Tester, Andre Da Costa. Complete List of Windows 10 Keyboard Shortcuts and Run Commands 143416
  9. Registry setting to disable telemetry

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Registry setting to disable telemetry: Is there a registry setting that would disable telemetry to Microsoft - - without creating "Some settings are managed by your organization" problem? 59236
  10. Privacy Settings

in Windows 10 Support
    Privacy Settings: I have 2 All in Ones and they both use Windows 10. If I make a change to one of them it effects the other and I wish to eliminate this. What are the correct privacy settings that I need to make so they run independent, Thank you 81129