Windows 10: comprehensive system and device failure

Discus and support comprehensive system and device failure in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; my wifes Dell laptop suddenly unresponsive to any interface be it touchpad-mouse-etc-no pointer-no tasks of any kind listed in task manager-was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by nic cabaret, Sep 30, 2018.

1. comprehensive system and device failure

my wifes Dell laptop suddenly unresponsive to any interface be it touchpad-mouse-etc-no pointer-no tasks of any kind listed in task manager-was grindingly slow prior to this resulting in a thorough optimisation-restore point-reset and clean reinstall attempted,also driver updates,safe mode,optimisation etc-cannot even back-install to windows 7.

:)

nic cabaret, Sep 30, 2018

2. System Specs minor revisions and suggestions

Change: Hard Disk(s) to Storage Device(s)
    Change: LCD/CRT Model: to Display Device(s):
    add an Audio Device(s) = for headsets and speaker set ups.

and as others have suggested before: The option to list more than one system spec

lyndonguitar, Sep 30, 2018
  3. Arul_D Win User
    System restore failure windows 10

Hi Jack,

I realize the inconvenience you are facing. Let me help you in resolving the issue.

I suggest you to run System file checker. System File checker (SFC) scan is done to check if there are any corrupted system files that could be causing this issue. Kindly follow the below given steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select
      Command prompt (Admin) to bring up elevated Command prompt.

• In Command prompt type
      sfc /scannow
      and press enter.

• Restart the computer.

If no corrupted system files were found in the previous state, then I suggest you to try the following steps:

• Open command prompt by pressing
      Windows key + X and selecting “Command prompt admin”.

• In command prompt, type the following commands and press Enter after each command:

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
    • Close the command prompt and restart the PC and check if it works.
    Keep us posted on Windows related queries and we will be happy to assist you further.

Arul_D, Sep 30, 2018
  4. zbook Win User

comprehensive system and device failure

Programs not working

In post 26 there were steps listed to fix the operating system corruption.
    Are you able to follow them?
    In post 29 was the suggested dism repair command.

zbook, Sep 30, 2018
Thema:

comprehensive system and device failure

1. comprehensive system and device failure - Similar Threads - comprehensive system device

2. System failure

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System failure: I have a windows 10 pro pc. Recently I changed my hard drive and now I start my windows properly but I can't open any apps. It keeps hanging and refreshing on desktop. I thought it was my updates didn't install properly but It can't open the settings tab either. Help...
  3. System failure

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System failure: I deleted C:\WINDOWS\System32\Srt\SrtTrail.txt and after I deleted I shut off my computer and then this pops upi cant figure out how to fix it wondering if anyone can help me....
  4. System Failure

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    System Failure: Hello Microsoft, I need a little help here,I mistakenly removed the d3d11.dll file from c://windows/system32/ and now my laptop shows the windows symbol when turned on and then a black screen is displayed, I am not able to do anything or see anything on my screen, what should...
  5. system failure

system failure: randomly get a unexpected kernel mode trap and my system restarts https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-failure/540ff978-0b94-4c40-b5a7-275b2b56c5a4
  6. System failure

System failure: How do I get to talk to Microsoft support https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-failure/ee38c61f-d64f-41a6-aadc-5e7b0bf781f1
  7. System Failure

System Failure: system.thread.exception.not.handled The laptop goes straight to Preparing Automatic Repair and hangs there - unable to access anything at all? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-failure/75b627bd-65d6-49a1-b9af-b43e187631f3
  8. Comprehensive streaming audio problems

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Comprehensive streaming audio problems: I am having a consistent completely random streaming issue on my PC. A few things to get right out of the way: Yes I’ve restarted/shutdown devices/programs associated in every conceivable way. Sometimes helps, sometimes doesn’t, never permanent fix (obviously) I can not...
  9. System failure

System failure: It is been a week, since my laptop facing trouble to even get opened. Every time the try opening it shows that your harddisk has not been installed, then suddenly gets switched off. Sometimes it shows to be "Repairing the disk errors. This might take an hour to complete"....
  10. System Failure

System Failure: Made Chrome as default browser. Shortly after Windows freezes on opening Chrome. NithNot is working thereafter. Mouse not working not are the laptop keys. Help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-failure/d5507221-163a-4fdf-82a5-834b022c9186