Windows 10: Compress and encrypt

Discus and support Compress and encrypt in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, all of a sudden yesterday some files and images had "two blue arrows" these can easily be removed, however when I download anything to C drive... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by LaurenceWeir, Feb 16, 2019.

1. Compress and encrypt

Hi, all of a sudden yesterday some files and images had "two blue arrows" these can easily be removed, however when I download anything to C drive they appear again, After two and a half hours on the phone last night they could not give me a answer/solution how to stop/prevent this happening permanently. Only happens when saving to the C drive in particular the desk top, does not happen if saving to D drive. I have the latest version of windows 10 installed.

Larry

:)

LaurenceWeir, Feb 16, 2019

2. Encrypting a folder

Hello Bill,

To encrypt a folder in Windows 10 Home, follow these steps:

• Right-click the folder you want to encrypt and click Properties.
    • On the General tab, click Advanced.
    • Under Compress or Encrypt attributes, click Encrypt contents to secure data.
    • Click OK then Apply to save the changes.

We're just here if you need further help.

Devlin Sco, Feb 16, 2019
  3. BillRng Win User
    Encrypting a folder

Thanks Devlin for your prompt reply. However. Under “Compress or Encrypt attributes” there are two choices.

• “Compress contents to save disk space”. It has a tick mark and is doable.

• “Encrypt contents to secure data”. This is in grey and not doable.

How do you change it?

BillRng, Feb 16, 2019
  4. Compress and encrypt

Device Encryption not avaiable

Hello Fraczek,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

We understand your concern in this regard.

• Are you referring to BitLocker Drive Encryption?
    • What preventing you from doing this?
    • Did you get any error message or code while doing this?

Before you come up with the above information, suggest you to refer the article

Help protect your files using BitLocker Drive Encryption
    and see if it help you.

Do refer the article
    Windows BitLocker Drive Encryption Step-by-Step Guide
    and check if it help you with the required information.

Keep us posted if you require further assistance.

Yashwanth Kotakuri, Feb 16, 2019
Thema:

Compress and encrypt

1. Compress and encrypt - Similar Threads - Compress encrypt

2. Occasional bluescreen and bluescreens on 7-zip compressing very particular files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Occasional bluescreen and bluescreens on 7-zip compressing very particular files: Hi,I'm having occasional bluescreens for several months with different bluescreen codes like KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED, SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED, ATTEMPTED_WRITE_TO_READONLY_MEMORY, etc. This usually happens when I'm using CPU/GPU intensive programs like 3D games...
  3. Occasional bluescreen and bluescreens on 7-zip compressing very particular files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Occasional bluescreen and bluescreens on 7-zip compressing very particular files: Hi,I'm having occasional bluescreens for several months with different bluescreen codes like KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED, SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED, ATTEMPTED_WRITE_TO_READONLY_MEMORY, etc. This usually happens when I'm using CPU/GPU intensive programs like 3D games...
  4. can't install compressed/unpack .exe applications

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can't install compressed/unpack .exe applications: HI TeamI recently installed windows finding .exe files deleted. How to do go about restoring these programs? These weren't viruses.Other .exe files that I yet to re-install I'm finding that I can't due to the following message:Also, trying another file getting Windows...
  5. can't install compressed/unpack .exe applications

can't install compressed/unpack .exe applications: HI TeamI recently installed windows finding .exe files deleted. How to do go about restoring these programs? These weren't viruses.Other .exe files that I yet to re-install I'm finding that I can't due to the following message:Also, trying another file getting Windows...
  6. Missing "compressed zipped folder" in context menu - Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Missing "compressed zipped folder" in context menu - Windows 11: Hello.As above - the context menu right click on desktop > new > in my Windows system is lacking "compressed zipped folder" option. I've tried several solutions found on google, but unfortunately none of them worked. Solutions I've tried already:-editing registry key-assoc...
  7. Missing "compressed zipped folder" in context menu - Windows 11

Missing "compressed zipped folder" in context menu - Windows 11: Hello.As above - the context menu right click on desktop > new > in my Windows system is lacking "compressed zipped folder" option. I've tried several solutions found on google, but unfortunately none of them worked. Solutions I've tried already:-editing registry key-assoc...
  8. Find and list EFS Encrypted, Compressed files & folders on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Find and list EFS Encrypted, Compressed files & folders on Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]In today’s post, we will explore a relatively simple way, to search, find and list all your EFS encrypted and as well as compressed files/folders on Windows 10. You will find this how-to guide essentially useful if you EFS encrypt [...] This post Find and...
  9. How to set compress or encrypt attributes off by default

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to set compress or encrypt attributes off by default: I'm at a loss every single old and new file, picture, or program has "compress contents to save disk space" checked by default. its not checked on my C drive or my D drive under advanced attributes. I have looked threw settings and so far not been able to figure out a way to...
  10. Show Encrypted or Compressed NTFS files in Color in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Show Encrypted or Compressed NTFS files in Color in Windows 10: How to: Show Encrypted or Compressed NTFS files in Color in Windows 10 Turn On or Off Show Encrypted or Compressed NTFS files in Color in Windows 10 [img] Information The Encrypting File System (EFS) is the built-in encryption tool in Windows used to encrypt files and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. compress or encrypt attributes

2. how to compress entire harddrive

3. compress with encrypt

4. compress or encrypt attributes not working office13