Windows 10: Compress OS

Discus and support Compress OS in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Im cleaning my computer, and theres an option in windows own disk cleanup utility to compress the OS drive which will save me about 8 gb on my ssd.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Cerawy, Mar 1, 2019.

1. Cerawy Win User

Compress OS

Im cleaning my computer, and theres an option in windows own disk cleanup utility to compress the OS drive which will save me about 8 gb on my ssd.

But it keeps saying that regardless of how many times i run it. Any way to fix it?

:)

Cerawy, Mar 1, 2019

2. OS Drive Compression

Greetings, everyone.

I am using an Aspire ES1-132, with a storage of 28.0 Gigabytes, and I am running short on storage space, and I could not relieve space from the laptop.

I was told that I could compress my OS drive.

I need to know if compressing my OS drive is a good idea.

-Thank You in advance

milesroudette, Mar 1, 2019
  3. System and compressed memory, messing up everything help please Compress OS :(

I've tried all the suggestions listed, but the usage is still high. system
    and compressed memory

simontezzo, Mar 1, 2019
  4. Eric Ber Win User

Compress OS

Access denied to compressed file

Hi,

It seems that the account that is logged in to your computer is not an administrator account that is why you are unable to change the permission settings of the compressed folder on your computer. For us to assist you better, kindly answer the questions below:

• Have you made any changes to your computer prior to this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Which version and OS build number of Windows 10 is currently installed? To check, press the Windows key, type winver, and press the Enter key.

Are you connected to a work domain?
    • Are you using an administrator account or a standard user account?

Meanwhile, if you are using an administrator account, we suggest that you try to create a local test administrator account and check if you will be able to change the permission settings of the folder. You can follow the steps in this

link
    to create a local administrator account.

We'll be looking forward to your response.

Eric Ber, Mar 1, 2019
Thema:

Compress OS

1. Compress OS - Similar Threads - Compress

2. Occasional bluescreen and bluescreens on 7-zip compressing very particular files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Occasional bluescreen and bluescreens on 7-zip compressing very particular files: Hi,I'm having occasional bluescreens for several months with different bluescreen codes like KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED, SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED, ATTEMPTED_WRITE_TO_READONLY_MEMORY, etc. This usually happens when I'm using CPU/GPU intensive programs like 3D games...
  3. Occasional bluescreen and bluescreens on 7-zip compressing very particular files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Occasional bluescreen and bluescreens on 7-zip compressing very particular files: Hi,I'm having occasional bluescreens for several months with different bluescreen codes like KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED, SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED, ATTEMPTED_WRITE_TO_READONLY_MEMORY, etc. This usually happens when I'm using CPU/GPU intensive programs like 3D games...
  4. can't install compressed/unpack .exe applications

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can't install compressed/unpack .exe applications: HI TeamI recently installed windows finding .exe files deleted. How to do go about restoring these programs? These weren't viruses.Other .exe files that I yet to re-install I'm finding that I can't due to the following message:Also, trying another file getting Windows...
  5. can't install compressed/unpack .exe applications

can't install compressed/unpack .exe applications: HI TeamI recently installed windows finding .exe files deleted. How to do go about restoring these programs? These weren't viruses.Other .exe files that I yet to re-install I'm finding that I can't due to the following message:Also, trying another file getting Windows...
  6. Missing "compressed zipped folder" in context menu - Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Missing "compressed zipped folder" in context menu - Windows 11: Hello.As above - the context menu right click on desktop > new > in my Windows system is lacking "compressed zipped folder" option. I've tried several solutions found on google, but unfortunately none of them worked. Solutions I've tried already:-editing registry key-assoc...
  7. Missing "compressed zipped folder" in context menu - Windows 11

Missing "compressed zipped folder" in context menu - Windows 11: Hello.As above - the context menu right click on desktop > new > in my Windows system is lacking "compressed zipped folder" option. I've tried several solutions found on google, but unfortunately none of them worked. Solutions I've tried already:-editing registry key-assoc...
  8. OneDrive - automatic compression? In Windows Explorer, not web browser

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive - automatic compression? In Windows Explorer, not web browser: A coworker has shared a large 770GB folder. If I open in Chrome, the file types are correct. However, I need this folder to be a shortcut in my files. Due to the size, I cannot have this folder sync to my computer. However, all the files are now compressed archives, rather...
  9. OneDrive - automatic compression? In Windows Explorer, not web browser

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive - automatic compression? In Windows Explorer, not web browser: A coworker has shared a large 770GB folder. If I open in Chrome, the file types are correct. However, I need this folder to be a shortcut in my files. Due to the size, I cannot have this folder sync to my computer. However, all the files are now compressed archives, rather...
  10. OneDrive - automatic compression? In Windows Explorer, not web browser

Users found this page by searching for:

1. compressing os

2. compress os

3. compress your os drive not working