Windows 10: Compressed folder (two blue arrows)

Discus and support Compressed folder (two blue arrows) in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Every time I create a new folder, it shows the two blue arrows. I know how to get rid of it after creating a new folder, but it never did this before.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/RJHNY1, Dec 25, 2020.

1. /u/RJHNY1 Win User

Compressed folder (two blue arrows)

Every time I create a new folder, it shows the two blue arrows. I know how to get rid of it after creating a new folder, but it never did this before. Is there a way to change the settings so that when I create the new folder, it doesn't have those two blue arrows?

Thank you.

submitted by /u/RJHNY1
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/RJHNY1, Dec 25, 2020
  2. Vinarino Win User

Blue Arrows on folder and file icons

Double Blue Arrows that point at each other = Compression:

Originally, this feature was fantastic.

Previously, compression was indicated simply and optionally by turning the file/folder name blue.

Vinarino, Dec 25, 2020
  3. How to get rid of the blue arrow for the compressed folder, I do not want to uncompress the folder

How to get rid of the blue arrow for the compressed folder, I do not want to uncompress the folder , can microsoft give us a script to run to remove the arrows from the folder , its irritating to look at the folders.

sudhansuTripathy, Dec 25, 2020
  4. Mike Win User

Two blue arrows [compression?] on literally nearly everything

Yes, you are right, this is for a compressed folder:

Compressed folder (two blue arrows) etVL2.jpg

This link explains the issue that Windows 10 supports compression for individual files and folders on NTFS volumes using NTFS compression. It's nothing to be alarmed about, not a virus or anything.. This just allows you to shrink files to save space with the advantage to keep accessing your files as you would normally do without compression, and without the need to decompress files using extra software.

Perhaps you clicked on an option to do that, or a newly installed program had this feature to save some space or something. Or you might have compressed them when right clicking on the drive and choosing to compress it and applied it to all subfolders and files:

Compressed folder (two blue arrows) lBFYv.jpg

You could reverse that by unchecking that option same way and applying it to all subfolders and files. Or if they performance is the same or better and you want to keep it, but only change the icon, you can easily restore the "old-icon-look" through the steps provided here.

Thema:

1. Compressed folder (two blue arrows) - Similar Threads - Compressed folder blue

2. Compress new folder content in compressed folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Compress new folder content in compressed folder: I have several folders on my filesystem that I've set to compress everything inside including subfolders. When I set the folder to compress, everything was compressed as expected.However, new content I add files and folders are not compressed, it seems. At least they are not...
  3. Compress new folder content in compressed folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Compress new folder content in compressed folder: I have several folders on my filesystem that I've set to compress everything inside including subfolders. When I set the folder to compress, everything was compressed as expected.However, new content I add files and folders are not compressed, it seems. At least they are not...
  4. Blue arrow compression icon - how to remove

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Blue arrow compression icon - how to remove: Any way to get rid of this annoying blue arrows?I want to keep compression if it makes my PC more efficient, but not have these show up all the time.Is this possible?Should I keep compression?My SSD HD is 70% fullShould I remove files to gain more speed?Thanks...
  5. compressed folders

compressed folders: I keep getting a message that pops up that says:Compressed(zipped)Folders Please insert the last disk of the Multi-Volume set and click OK to continue. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/compressed-folders/f16c1d11-725e-4876-a8fc-1a6f2e9583c9"
  6. Without notice or warning all files and folder have green then blue double arrows - compression

Without notice or warning all files and folder have green then blue double arrows - compression: Hi Really pissed off at the moment.. turns out I have no say in whether compression is applied to my files. While they buried 'Clippy' the annoyingly patronising assistant in word, Microsoft still apparently allows his spirit to live on in them.. just like the forced...
  7. Double Arrows on icons and folders (compress files option)

Double Arrows on icons and folders (compress files option): Hello Guys, I recently noticed that all my folders have a double blue arrow on top, after some research I notice is a window option to compress files to save space, never saw this before ever, I want to get rid of this or turn this option off, after reading some info, I...
  8. Blue Arrows On All Files and Folders

Blue Arrows On All Files and Folders: Hi, I just booted into Windows and there are two blue arrows on all my files and folders for some strange reason. I've looked it up on the internet and apparently it means that they're compressed. I didn't do it and definetively don't want that. Windows basically compressed...
  9. How to Remove Blue Double Arrows and Stop Automatic Compression of Files and Folders.

How to Remove Blue Double Arrows and Stop Automatic Compression of Files and Folders.: I'm posting this as an answer in the questions section because I believe that more people will see it there than in the discussions section. Recently I noticed that my icons on my desktop had a pair of blue arrows in the top right corner. This was also true for my documents...
  10. Change or Remove Compression Blue Arrows on Icons in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change or Remove Compression Blue Arrows on Icons in Windows 10: How to: Change or Remove Compression Blue Arrows on Icons in Windows 10 Change or Remove Double Blue Arrows Icon on Compressed Files and Folders in Windows 10 Windows 10 supports compression for individual files and folders on NTFS volumes using NTFS compression....