Windows 10: compressed folders

Discus and support compressed folders in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I keep getting a message that pops up that says:Compressed(zipped)Folders Please insert the last disk of the Multi-Volume set and click OK to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by NATALIA1040, Apr 27, 2019.

1. compressed folders

I keep getting a message that pops up that says:Compressed(zipped)Folders

Please insert the last disk of the Multi-Volume set and click OK to continue.

:)

NATALIA1040, Apr 27, 2019

2. No option to compress folder

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience and we will surely help you to resolve the issue.

1. How exactly are you trying to compress the folder?

Follow these steps to check if that helps.

1. Locate the file or folder that you want to compress.

2. Right-click the file or folder, point to Send to, and then click Compressed (zipped) folder.

A new compressed folder is created in the same location. To rename it, right-click the folder, click Rename, and then type the new name.

If the issue persists then Perform
    System File Check (SFC), and then check if this fixes the issue.

Follow the steps:

SFC scan:

1. Press Windows logo + X.

2. Select command prompt admin.

3. Type ‘sfc /scannow’ (without quotes) and press enter.

4. Restart your computer.

Refer link: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929833.

Hope this would help. If issue still persists post back with current status of your computer and result of the proposed suggestion, we will be happy to assist you.

Suvarna Govinda, Apr 27, 2019
  3. Peer_Sam Win User
    Unable to Unzip compressed folders. Error: ‘The Compressed (zipped) Folder is invalid or corrupted’

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

• Which tool are you using to unzip the files?
    • Did you try to unzip the files on a different computer?
    • Does this happen only with a particular zip file?
    • Have you tested with zip files (or other files) of smaller sizes?

There are several reasons which can cause this issue, here are a few of them.

• If the compressed files are infected.
    • The slow download rate and poor internet connection can corrupt the download.
    • If there is a problem with the tool used to zip/unzip the files.
    • The downloaded file is originally corrupted.

Try with unzipping a different compressed file/folder (of smaller size) and see if it works.
    Re-download the folder to ensure that the folder downloaded earlier is not corrupted.

If it does not work, try with unzipping the folder on a different machine.

If the issue persists, try with a different tool to unzip the files.

Hope it helps

Peer Samie

Microsoft Community Moderator

Peer_Sam, Apr 27, 2019
  4. Rose Cal Win User

compressed folders

Why does all of my folder icons look like this?

Hi,

It is possible that your folder icons have two blue arrows pointing towards each other because the NTFS compression is enabled. To efficiently assist you, we'd like to gather more information:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Could you tell us what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow these steps on how to disable NTFS compression:

• Right-click the folder you're referring to and select Properties.
    • Under General tab, select Advance button.
    • Under Compress or Encrypt attribute, disable Compress contents to save disk space.

compressed folders 26affdf1-72c6-4477-9013-2fd3dc999ea8.png

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Apr 27, 2019
Thema:

compressed folders

1. compressed folders - Similar Threads - compressed folders

2. Missing "compressed zipped folder" in context menu - Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Missing "compressed zipped folder" in context menu - Windows 11: Hello.As above - the context menu right click on desktop > new > in my Windows system is lacking "compressed zipped folder" option. I've tried several solutions found on google, but unfortunately none of them worked. Solutions I've tried already:-editing registry key-assoc...
  3. Missing "compressed zipped folder" in context menu - Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Missing "compressed zipped folder" in context menu - Windows 11: Hello.As above - the context menu right click on desktop > new > in my Windows system is lacking "compressed zipped folder" option. I've tried several solutions found on google, but unfortunately none of them worked. Solutions I've tried already:-editing registry key-assoc...
  4. dudes i need to extract a 5.66 GB Compressed Archive Folder but when i try to, it shows...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    dudes i need to extract a 5.66 GB Compressed Archive Folder but when i try to, it shows...: what is this even about? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dudes-i-need-to-extract-a-566-gb-compressed/b79f0de0-b100-4b71-b6bc-4f39e4b4555d
  5. dudes i need to extract a 5.66 GB Compressed Archive Folder but when i try to, it shows...

dudes i need to extract a 5.66 GB Compressed Archive Folder but when i try to, it shows...: what is this even about? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dudes-i-need-to-extract-a-566-gb-compressed/b79f0de0-b100-4b71-b6bc-4f39e4b4555d
  6. "Send to" "Compressed Folder" has stopped working on my PC and none of the web advice I've...

"Send to" "Compressed Folder" has stopped working on my PC and none of the web advice I've...: This started a couple of months ago. I don't know if it was an anti-virus issue or if it happened because of a windows update.I was able to get a trial of WINzip and could zip files for a month, but I don't want to rent their software. I just want the same old windows zip...
  7. "Send to" "Compressed Folder" has stopped working on my PC and none of the web advice I've...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "Send to" "Compressed Folder" has stopped working on my PC and none of the web advice I've...: This started a couple of months ago. I don't know if it was an anti-virus issue or if it happened because of a windows update.I was able to get a trial of WINzip and could zip files for a month, but I don't want to rent their software. I just want the same old windows zip...
  8. "Send to" "Compressed Folder" has stopped working on my PC and none of the web advice I've...

in Windows 10 Gaming
  9. The Compressed Zipped Folder Is Invalid Error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The Compressed Zipped Folder Is Invalid Error: The Compressed Zipped Folder Is Invalid Errorthis error shows up everytime i try to open a Zip-file, any help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-compressed-zipped-folder-is-invalid-error/65336e0b-c60c-406e-88a2-b9f2afb6bb6b
  10. The Compressed Zipped Folder Is Invalid Error

The Compressed Zipped Folder Is Invalid Error: The Compressed Zipped Folder Is Invalid Errorthis error shows up everytime i try to open a Zip-file, any help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-compressed-zipped-folder-is-invalid-error/65336e0b-c60c-406e-88a2-b9f2afb6bb6b

Users found this page by searching for:

1. can you compress files inside an encrypted volume?

2. compressed folder

3. compress folders that already have zipped folders

4. Compressed (zipped) Folders Please insert the last disk of the Multi-Volume set and click Ok to continue,
  5. i keep getting an error message on startup about compressed folders windows 10,
  6. ThreadCompressFolder