Windows 10: Compressed / muffled audio after update

Discus and support Compressed / muffled audio after update in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; After updating to 1909 last night, I've been having problems with audio through my wired headphones. When playing media (YouTube, music, etc.) or most... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/The_EG, Feb 6, 2020.

1. /u/The_EG Win User

Compressed / muffled audio after update

After updating to 1909 last night, I've been having problems with audio through my wired headphones. When playing media (YouTube, music, etc.) or most system sounds (caps lock beep, device ejected, etc.), the sound is extremely muffled and compressed, but if I test it in the sound control panel it's perfectly fine. The volume and quality also seem to be very inconsistent, sometimes I can make out the audio (still low quality) and other times it's just a compressed whisper. I used bluetooth and detached the wire on the headphones and it's perfect, so I'm having trouble isolating the reason.

Any help would be much appreciated.

submitted by /u/The_EG
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/The_EG, Feb 6, 2020

2. Audio on Bluetooth Headphones is Muffled after recent Windows Update.

So a couple of days ago Windows 10 installed an update on my computer (ASUS TP500LA) and now the audio comes through very muffled on my Bluetooth headphones. This has upset me very much because I have tried the following: updating the drivers, unchecking
    the Audio Enhancements box, and I have also turned off Handsfree Telephony in the Control Panel. Can someone suggest something that I am possibly not doing?

Thanks.

CaliBruin22, Feb 6, 2020
  3. Audio Muffle when in voice communication

Hi,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

I understand that the audio begins to muffle immensely, distort and will constantly change volume levels, while using the game.

Please answer these questions to get more clarity on this issue:

• Which game are you referring to?

• Is the issue specific to this game?

• Have you installed all pending updates on the pc?
    Sign out from the current user account, restart the pc and login to the Admin account or the MSA to test if that helps with this issue.

Also suggest you to install any pending Windows updates on the pc to check if that helps.
    Updates are additions to software that can help prevent or fix problems, improve how your computer works, or enhance your computing experience.

Further, you may also boot the computer in a clean boot state and check the tool installation status. When you start Microsoft Windows, typically there are several programs that start automatically and run in the background that may interfere
    with the system. These programs may include antivirus and system utility programs. When you perform a clean startup procedure, you prevent these programs from starting automatically.

How to troubleshoot a problem by performing a clean boot in Windows: (Applies to Windows 10)
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Note: After you have finished troubleshooting, follow the steps under “How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot” in the article to boot to normal startup.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Srimadhwa B, Feb 6, 2020
  4. StormApex Win User

Audio playback

unfortunately none of the steps that you suggested worked.the audio from the bluetooth headset still stutters and the audio from the wired headset when connected to the motherboard ports sounds muffled or to say with an electronic disturbance if that makes
    sense. theres no audio when the wired headset is connected to the front jacks of the pc. theres three different problems but all of them correspond to the same category

i.e. AUDIO. any further help would be really appreciated.

StormApex, Feb 6, 2020
Thema:

1. Compressed / muffled audio after update - Similar Threads - Compressed muffled audio

2. Sound muffled after update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound muffled after update: I recently updated my laptop. After that, every time I use my headphones the sound is muffled and is not the same as before the update. Is there a solution? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sound-muffled-after-update/be6f3cb3-b03d-40f9-9b9f-cb8294ccc2d4
  3. Sound muffled after update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sound muffled after update: I recently updated my laptop. After that, every time I use my headphones the sound is muffled and is not the same as before the update. Is there a solution? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sound-muffled-after-update/be6f3cb3-b03d-40f9-9b9f-cb8294ccc2d4
  4. Muffled headphone audio

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Muffled headphone audio: Hi, I just bought a new set up and downloaded my games onto it. However, whenever i play games that requires microphone permissions, the game audio becomes muffled and makes the game unplayable. I found out that disabling microphone permissions for the app makes the audio go...
  5. Muffled headphone audio

Muffled headphone audio: Hi, I just bought a new set up and downloaded my games onto it. However, whenever i play games that requires microphone permissions, the game audio becomes muffled and makes the game unplayable. I found out that disabling microphone permissions for the app makes the audio go...
  6. Muffled audio input

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Muffled audio input: I have a new acer nitro 5. I teach guitar online and yesterday on both Skype and zoom I had audio issues. Both myself and my student could hear each others voices just fine, but when we played guitar, that was barely audible, mostly cut out and what sound did come through was...
  7. Muffled audio input

Muffled audio input: I have a new acer nitro 5. I teach guitar online and yesterday on both Skype and zoom I had audio issues. Both myself and my student could hear each others voices just fine, but when we played guitar, that was barely audible, mostly cut out and what sound did come through was...
  8. After update, audio is muffled/distorted/not working properly

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    After update, audio is muffled/distorted/not working properly: Title. My PC decided to install today’s big update, and afterward my audio has been sounding muffled and distorted. I have a Sound Blaster Audigy Fx sound card and Astro A10s. I updated the drivers and restarted a couple times. Initially, all audio had reduced volume and...
  9. Audio is muffled and the volume is much lower after windows driver update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio is muffled and the volume is much lower after windows driver update: Hi there. I have an Asus X550VX which had a Windows driver update for my realtek audio driver, update named "Realtek Semiconductor Corp. - MEDIA - 8/14/2018 12:00:00 AM - 6.0.1.8514". After this update, my audio is much lower on max volume compared to what it was before this...
  10. Audio is muffled and the volume is much lower after windows driver update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio is muffled and the volume is much lower after windows driver update: Hi there. I have an Asus X550VX which had a Windows driver update for my realtek audio driver, update named "Realtek Semiconductor Corp. - MEDIA - 8/14/2018 12:00:00 AM - 6.0.1.8514". After this update, my audio is much lower on max volume compared to what it was before this...