Windows 10: 'Compressed (zip) Folder' Doesnt Work - How Do I Fix it?

Discus and support 'Compressed (zip) Folder' Doesnt Work - How Do I Fix it? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; When I try to compress a folder by right clicking and choosing, Send To > Compressed (zip) folder, it doesnt work. Nothing happens. How do I fix it?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by yahanna, Oct 10, 2018.

1. yahanna Win User

'Compressed (zip) Folder' Doesnt Work - How Do I Fix it?

When I try to compress a folder by right clicking and choosing, Send To > Compressed (zip) folder, it doesnt work. Nothing happens. How do I fix it?

:)

yahanna, Oct 10, 2018
  2. PF#
    PF# Win User

Compressed (zipped) folder error

This error message pops up when I try to zip a file:

Compressed (zipped) folder error

Unable to complete operation

Access denied

I have tried the two methods suggested on this forum and it still doesn't work. it has worked previously not sure how that changed

3. compressed Zip Folders

Hell What are zip compressed folder. Do photos file loss data when they are re-compressed)?

KathleenDonohueE5, Oct 10, 2018
  4. BulldogXX Win User

compressed Zip Folders

The word 'zip' means compressed. So calling something a zip compressed folder is redundant ;-)

The term originated with a very popular, old file compression program called Pkzip, which used the file extension .zip

All photos lose data when compressed; some more, some less, depending on the photo's format. Most popular photo formats used today - like .jpeg - are already compressed, so compressing them further won't reduce their file size much.

Here's something very important to know about compressing photos: Compression works by discarding redundant pixels - that's why the file size becomes smaller. Once discarded, those pixels can never be recovered, which means the quality of the image will
    suffer if you compress it too much or too often.

BulldogXX, Oct 10, 2018
Thema:

1. 'Compressed (zip) Folder' Doesnt Work - How Do I Fix it? - Similar Threads - 'Compressed zip Folder'

2. Unable to Unzip compressed folders. Error: ‘The Compressed (zipped) Folder is invalid or...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to Unzip compressed folders. Error: ‘The Compressed (zipped) Folder is invalid or...: I recently began using DropBox to download files, and I was able to download one folder perfectly fine, able to unzip and view image files at will. However, the second ZIP folder I downloaded from my DropBox account could neither be unzipped nor could any files be viewed...
  3. how do i fix this

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    how do i fix this: Log Name: Application Source: SideBySide Date: 7/7/2018 9:56:34 AM Event ID: 33 Task Category: None Level: Error Keywords: Classic User: N/A Computer: LAPTOP-P4BA8CNS Description: Activation context generation failed for...
  4. Which Version of Windows First Included Compressed (zipped) Folders?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Which Version of Windows First Included Compressed (zipped) Folders?: Hello, everyone. Can anyone please settle a debate I'm having with some colleagues? Which version of Windows was the first to have built-in capabilities to create or uncompress .zip files? (I'm referring to being able to create or unzip a .zip file via the Send...
  5. How do I reset PC if settings doesnt work

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do I reset PC if settings doesnt work: I installed (took 8 hours of updating 7 then installing 10) windows 10 and it worked for a few minutes but then I added some software. Control panel won't work, settings wont work, I cannot uninstall software, I cannot get to reset, restore is turned off (I did not turn it...
  6. zip to folder

in Windows 10 Support
    zip to folder: How do you change compressed (zip) folders into regular folders with out loosing anything? I downloaded a bunch of stuff and it is all in zip folders. Is there a reason I should keep them zipped, I have plenty of space. 43464
  7. Disable Zip File Compressed Folders File Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Disable Zip File Compressed Folders File Explorer: Hi all...Using Win10 Pro x64. I would like to disable windows showing .zip files in explorer as a folder...When you highlight it the contents inside the .zip are shown in the right pane view. I've scoured the net and found ways for Win7(which I did disable .zip folders on my...
  8. No "Screenshots" folder in the "Pictures" folder. How do I fix this?

in Windows 10 Support
    No "Screenshots" folder in the "Pictures" folder. How do I fix this?: Hello and hope this finds anyone who is reading this well. I tried to take screenshots via the WinKey+PrtSc and the Fn+WinKey+PrtSc method. As expected, the screen briefly dimmed and then reestablished normal illumination as you would expect when taking a screenshot with...
  9. How do i fix this

in Windows 10 Support
    How do i fix this: okay so i made a user account today. my husband already had his own. somehow our email address, got switched around. so my Microsoft email is on his computer user account. and his Microsoft email is on my computer user account. i have no idea how to fix it. i hope i explained...
  10. How do I fix File Folder Searching

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I fix File Folder Searching: I am using a Dell XPS 15 (9550) with an i7-6700HQ, and 16gb ram. This laptop is used as my main work desktop, so this is my mule. As of last month up until now, something changed and I don't understand what it could have been. My folder searching does NOT work. [img]...