Windows 10: 'Compressed (zip) Folder' Doesnt Work - How Do I Fix it?

Discus and support 'Compressed (zip) Folder' Doesnt Work - How Do I Fix it? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; When I try to compress a folder by right clicking and choosing, Send To > Compressed (zip) folder, it doesnt work. Nothing happens. How do I fix it?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by yahanna, Oct 10, 2018.

1. yahanna Win User

'Compressed (zip) Folder' Doesnt Work - How Do I Fix it?

When I try to compress a folder by right clicking and choosing, Send To > Compressed (zip) folder, it doesnt work. Nothing happens. How do I fix it?

:)

yahanna, Oct 10, 2018
  2. PF#
    PF# Win User

Compressed (zipped) folder error

This error message pops up when I try to zip a file:

Compressed (zipped) folder error

Unable to complete operation

Access denied

I have tried the two methods suggested on this forum and it still doesn't work. it has worked previously not sure how that changed

3. compressed Zip Folders

Hell What are zip compressed folder. Do photos file loss data when they are re-compressed)?

KathleenDonohueE5, Oct 10, 2018
  4. BulldogXX Win User

compressed Zip Folders

The word 'zip' means compressed. So calling something a zip compressed folder is redundant ;-)

The term originated with a very popular, old file compression program called Pkzip, which used the file extension .zip

All photos lose data when compressed; some more, some less, depending on the photo's format. Most popular photo formats used today - like .jpeg - are already compressed, so compressing them further won't reduce their file size much.

Here's something very important to know about compressing photos: Compression works by discarding redundant pixels - that's why the file size becomes smaller. Once discarded, those pixels can never be recovered, which means the quality of the image will
    suffer if you compress it too much or too often.

BulldogXX, Oct 10, 2018
Thema:

1. 'Compressed (zip) Folder' Doesnt Work - How Do I Fix it? - Similar Threads - 'Compressed zip Folder'

2. The Compressed Zipped Folder Is Invalid Error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The Compressed Zipped Folder Is Invalid Error: The Compressed Zipped Folder Is Invalid Errorthis error shows up everytime i try to open a Zip-file, any help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-compressed-zipped-folder-is-invalid-error/65336e0b-c60c-406e-88a2-b9f2afb6bb6b
  3. The compressed (zipped) folder is invalid [Fix]

in Windows 10 News
    The compressed (zipped) folder is invalid [Fix]: [IMG]If you see The compressed (zipped) folder is invalid error when you try to extract the contents of the zipped file on your Windows 11/10 computer, then this post offers suggestions to help you resolve the issue. This error indicates that the zip file is corrupt,...
  4. Compressed zipped folders Error

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Compressed zipped folders Error: I am attempting to open a zipped folder that I recently completed downloading this is actually about my 5th attempt at this, I even bought an external hard drive thinking that my computer might not have enough space, and yet ... I keep getting the same Windows error...
  5. Compressed zipped folders error

in Windows 10 Customization
    Compressed zipped folders error: Every time I start my computer, I get a box pop up with "Compressed zipped folders error". I can't work out why as it is on startup so I haven't tried to open or compress any files....
  6. Access to the compressed zipped folder is denied

Access to the compressed zipped folder is denied: [ATTACH] help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/access-to-the-compressed-zipped-folder-is-denied/9bbe03b7-758c-4042-8c60-33e9ba17c7df"
  7. Compressed zipped Folders

in Windows 10 Customization
    Compressed zipped Folders: The popup shoes please insert the last Buddhist all the multi-volume set and click okay to continue I have tried looking online to find a solution for this problem but have not been able to I am using Microsoft Windows 10 home to pop up every time I open up Explorer this...
  8. Creating A Compressed (Zip) Folder

Creating A Compressed (Zip) Folder: I am trying to compress an image that is 3.6Mb in size. When I create a zip file the new image is the same size-it is not being reduced. Am I doing something wrong or is there something wrong with the program. Thanks....
  9. Compressed (zipped) Folders Error

Compressed (zipped) Folders Error: [ATTACH] I am getting this message when trying to compress any folder on my Windows 10 Computer why? How do I fix the below message? Unable to complete the operation. Access is denied....
  10. Compressed Zipped Folder Errors

Compressed Zipped Folder Errors: Hi there, I keep getting a 'Compressed Zipped Folders Error' message when trying to open a file. It has never happened before. Can anyone advise please? Many thanks....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. even after i unzipped the files the fotns are still not downoaded

2. compressing a folder isnt completinhg

3. send to compressed zip does not work on one folder

4. send compressed zip doesnt redce size,
  5. compressed folder does not work,
  6. zip folder window not working,
  7. zip compress not working,
  8. send to compressed folder not working,
  9. folders wont compress wont start,
  10. compressing to zip file not working,
  11. zip folder not workign,