Windows 10: Compressed ZIP Folder not showing image files within, error when attempting to unzip.

Discus and support Compressed ZIP Folder not showing image files within, error when attempting to unzip. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I recently began using DropBox to download files, and I was able to download one folder perfectly fine, able to unzip and view image files at will.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Grendallmayo, Dec 5, 2018.

1. Compressed ZIP Folder not showing image files within, error when attempting to unzip.

I recently began using DropBox to download files, and I was able to download one folder perfectly fine, able to unzip and view image files at will. However, the second ZIP folder I downloaded from my DropBox account could neither be unzipped nor could any files be viewed within the folder. The error I receive when attempting to unzip the folder is "The Compressed (zip) Folder ... is invalid." I have 824 GB of free space on my (CCompressed ZIP Folder not showing image files within, error when attempting to unzip. :) drive and the folder in question is supposedly 285,936 KB, which is surprising due to the lack of images able to be seen. I asked the creator of the DropBox folder itself and they stated that they could download and view the contents of the folder without any issue, so it must be an error on my end. I do not have Storage Sense active and despite my best efforts could not enable Controlled Folder Access for DropBox, which were the only options I saw that could have any effect.

:)

Grendallmayo, Dec 5, 2018

2. how to unzip an compressed zip file

Can someone help me with how to unzip a compressed zipped folder?

ANNEDWARDS2, Dec 5, 2018
  3. Is a zipped (compressed) file safer to archive than an unzipped one?

Hello Burnett,

Thank you for bringing up your query on Microsoft Community.

Zip (compress) files are the common type of archive files that compress data.

Compressed files take up less storage space and can be transferred to other computers more quickly than uncompressed files. You can work with compressed files and folders in the same way that you work with uncompressed files and folders.

For more information, you may refer:

Zip and unzip files

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/zip-unzip-files

(Applies to Windows 10 as well).

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Abdul_Malik, Dec 5, 2018
  4. Compressed ZIP Folder not showing image files within, error when attempting to unzip.

unzip a compressed file

How does one unzip a zipped or compressed file?

ShellyBurnett1, Dec 5, 2018
Thema:

Compressed ZIP Folder not showing image files within, error when attempting to unzip.

1. Compressed ZIP Folder not showing image files within, error when attempting to unzip. - Similar Threads - Compressed ZIP Folder

2. Windows Explorer Finding Zip *folders* not the zip/compressed files within Zip folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Explorer Finding Zip *folders* not the zip/compressed files within Zip folders: How do I use Windows Explorer's search feature to find Zip folders not the zip/compressed files within Zip folders. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-explorer-finding-zip-folders-not-the/2e838c6d-648c-4b53-99f5-82ee2259eacd
  3. Windows Explorer Finding Zip *folders* not the zip/compressed files within Zip folders

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Explorer Finding Zip *folders* not the zip/compressed files within Zip folders: How do I use Windows Explorer's search feature to find Zip folders not the zip/compressed files within Zip folders. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-explorer-finding-zip-folders-not-the/2e838c6d-648c-4b53-99f5-82ee2259eacd
  4. Zip and unzip files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Zip and unzip files: Hi , the compressed zip files in my compressed folder in drive c just got deleted for no reason , i went out of the room , came back , maximized the folder , saw that everything just vanished , please help ...!...
  5. Zip and unzip files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Zip and unzip files: Hi , the compressed zip files in my compressed folder in drive c just got deleted for no reason , i went out of the room , came back , maximized the folder , saw that everything just vanished , please help ...!...
  6. Compressed zipped folders Error

Compressed zipped folders Error: I am attempting to open a zipped folder that I recently completed downloading this is actually about my 5th attempt at this, I even bought an external hard drive thinking that my computer might not have enough space, and yet ... I keep getting the same Windows error...
  7. Compressed zipped folders error

in Windows 10 Customization
    Compressed zipped folders error: Every time I start my computer, I get a box pop up with "Compressed zipped folders error". I can't work out why as it is on startup so I haven't tried to open or compress any files....
  8. Compressed (zipped) Folders Error

Compressed (zipped) Folders Error: [ATTACH] I am getting this message when trying to compress any folder on my Windows 10 Computer why? How do I fix the below message? Unable to complete the operation. Access is denied....
  9. Compressed Zipped Folder Errors

Compressed Zipped Folder Errors: Hi there, I keep getting a 'Compressed Zipped Folders Error' message when trying to open a file. It has never happened before. Can anyone advise please? Many thanks....
  10. Unable to Unzip compressed folders. Error: ‘The Compressed (zipped) Folder is invalid or...

Unable to Unzip compressed folders. Error: ‘The Compressed (zipped) Folder is invalid or...: I recently began using DropBox to download files, and I was able to download one folder perfectly fine, able to unzip and view image files at will. However, the second ZIP folder I downloaded from my DropBox account could neither be unzipped nor could any files be viewed...