Windows 10: Compressed zipped folders error

Discus and support Compressed zipped folders error in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Every time I start my computer, I get a box pop up with "Compressed zipped folders error". I can't work out why as it is on startup so I haven't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by LeanneAlmeida, Mar 20, 2020.

1. Compressed zipped folders error

Every time I start my computer, I get a box pop up with "Compressed zipped folders error".

I can't work out why as it is on startup so I haven't tried to open or compress any files.

:)

LeanneAlmeida, Mar 20, 2020
  2. PF#
    PF# Win User

Compressed (zipped) folder error

This error message pops up when I try to zip a file:

Compressed (zipped) folder error

Unable to complete operation

Access denied

I have tried the two methods suggested on this forum and it still doesn't work. it has worked previously not sure how that changed

3. Compressed (zipped) folder error

Dear PF,

Does this happen with all the files or just one file.

If it happens with all then the zipper has gone bad.

Also you did not mention whether you are using the default windows zip or any other software.

Can you please let me know that?

Ankur Srivastava, Mar 20, 2020
  4. Peer_Sam Win User

Compressed zipped folders error

Unable to Unzip compressed folders. Error: ‘The Compressed (zipped) Folder is invalid or corrupted’

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

• Which tool are you using to unzip the files?
    • Did you try to unzip the files on a different computer?
    • Does this happen only with a particular zip file?
    • Have you tested with zip files (or other files) of smaller sizes?

There are several reasons which can cause this issue, here are a few of them.

• If the compressed files are infected.
    • The slow download rate and poor internet connection can corrupt the download.
    • If there is a problem with the tool used to zip/unzip the files.
    • The downloaded file is originally corrupted.

Try with unzipping a different compressed file/folder (of smaller size) and see if it works.
    Re-download the folder to ensure that the folder downloaded earlier is not corrupted.

If it does not work, try with unzipping the folder on a different machine.

If the issue persists, try with a different tool to unzip the files.

Hope it helps

Peer Samie

Microsoft Community Moderator

Peer_Sam, Mar 20, 2020
Thema:

Compressed zipped folders error

1. Compressed zipped folders error - Similar Threads - Compressed zipped folders

2. The Compressed Zipped Folder Is Invalid Error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The Compressed Zipped Folder Is Invalid Error: The Compressed Zipped Folder Is Invalid Errorthis error shows up everytime i try to open a Zip-file, any help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-compressed-zipped-folder-is-invalid-error/65336e0b-c60c-406e-88a2-b9f2afb6bb6b
  3. The Compressed Zipped Folder Is Invalid Error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The Compressed Zipped Folder Is Invalid Error: The Compressed Zipped Folder Is Invalid Errorthis error shows up everytime i try to open a Zip-file, any help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-compressed-zipped-folder-is-invalid-error/65336e0b-c60c-406e-88a2-b9f2afb6bb6b
  4. Right-click on compressed zip folder gets error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Right-click on compressed zip folder gets error: I fairly often make zip files that upload to OneDrive thereby allowing me to create a download Share link through the right-click context menu of the compressed zip file.For some reason, I just started getting this error, which is remarkably lacking in helpful...
  5. Compressed zipped folders Error

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Compressed zipped folders Error: I am attempting to open a zipped folder that I recently completed downloading this is actually about my 5th attempt at this, I even bought an external hard drive thinking that my computer might not have enough space, and yet ... I keep getting the same Windows error...
  6. Compressed zipped Folders

in Windows 10 Customization
    Compressed zipped Folders: The popup shoes please insert the last Buddhist all the multi-volume set and click okay to continue I have tried looking online to find a solution for this problem but have not been able to I am using Microsoft Windows 10 home to pop up every time I open up Explorer this...
  7. Creating A Compressed (Zip) Folder

Creating A Compressed (Zip) Folder: I am trying to compress an image that is 3.6Mb in size. When I create a zip file the new image is the same size-it is not being reduced. Am I doing something wrong or is there something wrong with the program. Thanks....
  8. Compressed (zipped) Folders Error

Compressed (zipped) Folders Error: [ATTACH] I am getting this message when trying to compress any folder on my Windows 10 Computer why? How do I fix the below message? Unable to complete the operation. Access is denied....
  9. Compressed Zipped Folder Errors

Compressed Zipped Folder Errors: Hi there, I keep getting a 'Compressed Zipped Folders Error' message when trying to open a file. It has never happened before. Can anyone advise please? Many thanks....
  10. Unable to Unzip compressed folders. Error: ‘The Compressed (zipped) Folder is invalid or...

Unable to Unzip compressed folders. Error: ‘The Compressed (zipped) Folder is invalid or...: I recently began using DropBox to download files, and I was able to download one folder perfectly fine, able to unzip and view image files at will. However, the second ZIP folder I downloaded from my DropBox account could neither be unzipped nor could any files be viewed...