Windows 10: Compressing large files and uploading to Dropbox questions.

Discus and support Compressing large files and uploading to Dropbox questions. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi, not too sure this post fits this page. I have an old laptop which uses Windows 10. I have a large 44Gb file with tones of separate different files... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Jorym99, Feb 10, 2020.

1. Compressing large files and uploading to Dropbox questions.

Hi, not too sure this post fits this page.

I have an old laptop which uses Windows 10. I have a large 44Gb file with tones of separate different files inside it.

There's some sort of file upload limit to Dropbox so I thought I'd compress my thousands of files within files to 1 file and then upload it.

Problem is, this'll take me 3 hours. I'm not too sure if this will work and if it will even let me upload 1 large compressed file to Dropbox. Unsure as I am, I came here to ask if I'm not doing something stupid or if there's an easier way since I'm afraid I'll wait 3 hours for nothing.

Any answers will be great.

Thanks.

submitted by /u/Jorym99
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Jorym99, Feb 10, 2020

2. Lost files trying to upload to Dropbox

I recently tried to upload a large file to Dropbox. It did not upload, and in the mean time disappeared from my computer. Is there a way to restore them? I tried system restore, but it did not work.

rsh_esl_ksa, Feb 10, 2020
  3. W1zzard Win User
    Increase image file upload size cap

that's a good idea

W1zzard, Feb 10, 2020
  4. Exabytes Win User

Compressing large files and uploading to Dropbox questions.

Will compressing large files mess them up?

The goal is to compress large files to reduce their data load, thereby saving time and disk space.

File types:

.MPG

.THM

.AVI

.M4V

.JPG

.WAV

.WMA

.FLV

.MP3

.MOV

You see many multimedia file types in this list. I need to know if compressing them will
    corrupt them or make them unplayable after decompression.

Exabytes, Feb 10, 2020
Thema:

Compressing large files and uploading to Dropbox questions.

1. Compressing large files and uploading to Dropbox questions. - Similar Threads - Compressing large files

2. WinZip - WinRar - etc., for large file compression and transfer?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WinZip - WinRar - etc., for large file compression and transfer?: Greetings all again.... Win XP Pro, (SP3), (1 TB HD), on computer...... I have MANY HUGE files saved in an external hard drive that, when I attempt to transfer them to my XP computer from the EXT HD,, I get an error indicating that the file name is to long ....( I am...
  3. Large file uploads are stalling in W10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Large file uploads are stalling in W10: Happens in 2 apps for sure:- Using any browser, uploading a largish file even just a few Mb goes very slowly or stalls completely perhaps being cancelled on the receiving end for being too slow?. Such as uploading STL files to a 3d printing house, or attaching a large file to...
  4. Large file uploads are stalling in W10

Large file uploads are stalling in W10: Happens in 2 apps for sure:- Using any browser, uploading a largish file even just a few Mb goes very slowly or stalls completely perhaps being cancelled on the receiving end for being too slow?. Such as uploading STL files to a 3d printing house, or attaching a large file to...
  5. Large file uploads are stalling in W10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. Dropbox question

Dropbox question: Quick question, maybe a dumb one. Could I just delete un-install drop box desktop icons be back to normal? I'm thinking of just getting a flash drive and backing it up on one of those. This drop box thing is killing me, its not letting me delete things, I'm starting to get...
  7. Dropbox question

in Windows 10 Support
    Dropbox question: Quick question, maybe a dumb one. Could I just delete un-install drop box desktop icons be back to normal? I'm thinking of just getting a flash drive and backing it up on one of those. This drop box thing is killing me, its not letting me delete things, I'm starting to get...
  8. Consistent BSoD while uploading large files.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Consistent BSoD while uploading large files.: Hello, I would certainly appreciate any help that you can give me! I've had multiple crashes displaying the, "Kmode Exception not handled", and the "Kernel mode heap corruption" errors. Computer runs fine most of the time. No crashes while playing video games, gpu driver...
  9. compress large file

compress large file: How to compress a large picture file https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/compress-large-file/3eb5d31e-31b5-44af-90d5-4acfdd810a3c
  10. Memory leak after uploading files on Dropbox website

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Memory leak after uploading files on Dropbox website: Hello, after updating to Windows 10 AU, I seem to notice a strange bug that when you upload a bunch of large files onto Dropbox website from Chrome, the ram slowly increases and last time I saw it, it was up to like 22% ram usage (32GB ram here). I closed Chrome to see if it...