Windows 10: Compressing To Zip File: "File Not Found Or No Read Permission"

Discus and support Compressing To Zip File: "File Not Found Or No Read Permission" in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Here's the situation: I have issues zipping up the contents of my wwwroot folder. I do this to back up my personal webwork (and IIS makes it nicely... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by TheStevenSavage, Nov 11, 2018.

1. Compressing To Zip File: "File Not Found Or No Read Permission"

Here's the situation: I have issues zipping up the contents of my wwwroot folder. I do this to back up my personal webwork (and IIS makes it nicely convenient).

When I use Windows compression (preferred way, fast and simple), I get the error "File Not Found Or No Read Permission."

I used WinZip, and it zips, but I found some files - the ones seeming to halt the process, are now listed as being modified December 1979 - hardly the case.

This happened to me once before, over a year ago - and I can't remember how I solved it. I think it had something to do with how IIS ran OR a temp folder. Either way, very annoying - and I get this nowhere else on the system, which is quite stable. Just wwwroot in inetpub.

:)

TheStevenSavage, Nov 11, 2018

2. Compressed (zipped) Folders Error File not found or no read permission

After latest Win 10 Pro update version 1703 Build 15063.786, I can no longer add files to an existing .zip folder. I keep receiving the error message "Compressed (zipped) Folders Error, File not found or no read permission." I am at a complete loss
    on how to correct this error. I have examined the files permissions on the zipped folder and the /TEMP/ folder and all seem to have the proper permissions. Can anyone suggest a solution?

CharlesMaranto Jr, Nov 11, 2018
  3. Aera Rua Win User
    Compressed (zipped) Folders Error File not found or no read permission

Hi Annie,

Zipping files helps in minimizing the size of the files and that can be shared easily. To resolve your concern, we recommend that you follow the steps in this

article
    to know how to zip and unzip files.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Aera Rua, Nov 11, 2018
  4. Compressing To Zip File: "File Not Found Or No Read Permission"

Compress files??

using upx? to compress exe files
    but you need to make it executable zip first then do upx

micropage7, Nov 11, 2018
Thema:

Compressing To Zip File: "File Not Found Or No Read Permission"

1. Compressing To Zip File: "File Not Found Or No Read Permission" - Similar Threads - Compressing Zip File

2. Windows Explorer Finding Zip *folders* not the zip/compressed files within Zip folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Explorer Finding Zip *folders* not the zip/compressed files within Zip folders: How do I use Windows Explorer's search feature to find Zip folders not the zip/compressed files within Zip folders. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-explorer-finding-zip-folders-not-the/2e838c6d-648c-4b53-99f5-82ee2259eacd
  3. Windows Explorer Finding Zip *folders* not the zip/compressed files within Zip folders

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Explorer Finding Zip *folders* not the zip/compressed files within Zip folders: How do I use Windows Explorer's search feature to find Zip folders not the zip/compressed files within Zip folders. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-explorer-finding-zip-folders-not-the/2e838c6d-648c-4b53-99f5-82ee2259eacd
  4. where will "compress to zip file" store my zip file in this situation?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    where will "compress to zip file" store my zip file in this situation?: at top of OneDrive I used Context menu and selected compress to zip file targeting Documents folder. Where should I look for the zip file?Using Windows 11 home. Apps for business OneDrive....
  5. where will "compress to zip file" store my zip file in this situation?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    where will "compress to zip file" store my zip file in this situation?: at top of OneDrive I used Context menu and selected compress to zip file targeting Documents folder. Where should I look for the zip file?Using Windows 11 home. Apps for business OneDrive....
  6. Sent to Compressed folder not working - File not found or no read permission

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Sent to Compressed folder not working - File not found or no read permission: I'm trying to zip a bunch of files in Win 10. I get the useless error message in the thread title that many users have reported for YEARS now. Is this ever going to be fixed???? This is my personal PC; My account is an admin account. I tried creating an additional account...
  7. Compressed (Zipped) folders error in Windows 10 – File not found or No Read permission

in Windows 10 News
    Compressed (Zipped) folders error in Windows 10 – File not found or No Read permission: [ATTACH]Windows 10 makes it easy for users to create ZIP folders. Unlike in earlier […] This article Compressed (Zipped) folders error in Windows 10 – File not found or No Read permission first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  8. File->Send to->Compressed zipped folder

File->Send to->Compressed zipped folder: Hi, File->Send to->Compressed zipped folder is no longer working on my surface which has windows 10. Does anyone know how to correct this problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-send-to-compressed-zipped-folder/ac0b441c-bb10-4f4e-91b9-3e0876439133
  9. "desktop.ini file not found or no read permission" when zipping folders

"desktop.ini file not found or no read permission" when zipping folders: some of my folders in documents after the most recent system update have been popping up with "File not found or no read permission." when getting to the file "desktop.ini" when trying to zip them, preventing me from zipping them. moving or copying it does not fix the issue,...
  10. Disable Zip File Compressed Folders File Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Disable Zip File Compressed Folders File Explorer: Hi all...Using Win10 Pro x64. I would like to disable windows showing .zip files in explorer as a folder...When you highlight it the contents inside the .zip are shown in the right pane view. I've scoured the net and found ways for Win7(which I did disable .zip folders on my...