Windows 10: Compression for games recordings

Discus and support Compression for games recordings in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I recorded an FS9 Flight simulator 9. 10 mins == 511MB. Surely MP4 should be compressed!!! DW... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Dave Wain, Feb 14, 2020.

1. Dave Wain Win User

Compression for games recordings

I recorded an FS9 Flight simulator 9.

10 mins == 511MB.

Surely MP4 should be compressed!!!

DW

:)

Dave Wain, Feb 14, 2020
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Can’t hear audio while recording games or videos

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We will need some more information to help you with the appropriate troubleshooting steps. Please reply with the following details:

• How are you recording the games or videos?
    • When you say, “I can't hear anything” you are unable to get the in-game audio or your voice?
    • What is the make and model of the computer?
    • Which build version of Windows 10 is installed on the computer? To check type:
      winver in the search bar on the Taskbar and hit
      Enter.

If you are using Game bar to record the games or videos, I suggest you to refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows key + I to open
      Settings.
    2. Click on Gaming.
    3. Click on Capture on the left pane.
    4. Clear the check box for Record gaming audio only.
    5. Follow the same steps for Broadcasting.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Feb 14, 2020
  3. Game DVR randomly cutting out sound when recording

Hi Jordan,

Having an incorrect configuration setting is one of the possible reasons why you're having an issue using the Game DVR. To help you resolve this concern, I need to collect more information. Kindly answer the questions below:

• Are you having the issue when you're using the Xbox app?
    • Were you able to record a video without any problem before?

Meanwhile, I suggest that you perform the troubleshooting steps provided on the link below:

Click here

Wilfred Mac, Feb 14, 2020
  4. Ryan Fra Win User

Can not record audio.

Hi,

We suggest that you run troubleshooting for Audio Recording by following these steps:

• Type troubleshooting on the search box.
    • Click View all.
    • Select Recording Audio.
    • Follow the steps to troubleshoot Recording Audio.

Let us know if you need further help.

Ryan Fra, Feb 14, 2020
Thema:

1. Compression for games recordings - Similar Threads - Compression games recordings

2. Voice not recording on game at

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Voice not recording on game at: So onXbox game bar when I just have game and mic enabled it records my voice but when I record game mic and other apps it somehow picks up my friends voice and everything’s fine. But it can’t record my voice when it’s Like that just friends and game please help...
  3. Game Recording

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game Recording: How do I record a game while I'm in fullscreen everytime I try it just stops https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/game-recording/760cf448-1905-4565-a00e-1e34f7b24443
  4. Game Recording

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Game Recording: How do I record a game while I'm in fullscreen everytime I try it just stops https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/game-recording/760cf448-1905-4565-a00e-1e34f7b24443
  5. Game Bar Recording

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Game Bar Recording: Is there a way to remove only a voiceover but leave the game sound once the video is already recorded? Thank you in advance! submitted by /u/Cesarone11 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lrm6lh/game_bar_recording/
  6. record game clips

in Windows 10 Customization
    record game clips: my graphics is intel RHD graphics 2000.is it suitable to record game clips https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/record-game-clips/2694161a-a33c-4fdc-96da-d3412cd3f28d
  7. Game Bar Recording

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Game Bar Recording: A few days ago I recorded my screen using the game bar. Today I went to record and the settings said my computer didn't meet the hardware requirements. I downloaded an app and the screen record feature didn't work either. The app and gamebar recorder worked on my other...
  8. Recording game DVR

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Recording game DVR: I record my games using the game DVR but these clips don’t have a picture, only sound. Just a few games can be recorded with a picture such as Skyrim and KSP. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recording-game-dvr/15bbdfdc-c75f-4e70-8f0d-e841f0018492
  9. Game recording alert?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game recording alert?: Hello, can i enable any kind of alert (like fraps has red dot in a corner... or whatever) when i am recording game? I am recording a lot, and i sometimes forget if i am recording right now, i dont know if my next win+alt+r will start or stop recording, dont know if i...
  10. Recording Game Footage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recording Game Footage: Using W10 and I am really impressed with it so far. The issue I am having is that I have tried using my normal recording software which is Xsplit but it wont record, neither will Fraps, any help on this would be appreciated, thanks in advance. 4284