Windows 10: compromised and lost control

Discus and support compromised and lost control in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hey gang, sorry if this is in the wrong place. A few days ago, I was victim to something. I think someone remotely gained access to my pc, and perhaps... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by FLeXington, Jan 31, 2016.

1. compromised and lost control

Hey gang, sorry if this is in the wrong place. A few days ago, I was victim to something. I think someone remotely gained access to my pc, and perhaps made my pc a network one. It started with what I believe was a fake update, and a windows defender scan, that may have been fake. I think they may have locked file access, and connection. to internet. I know they did something like root, wbem? , but not sure the terms, something in mmc saying stuff about it being a server, not sure. I did the resest but sure enough, it returned, so did the full one, and also returned. Now they have made it so I cant to reset. It id lioke they made the button not clickable,. No idea how to fix. They also set up remote tunnel and called terado? I think they are looking at my xbox somehow. So frustrating,and I am at a lose as what to do. Any ideas? I need them off my network first thing, if my pc is off can they still be on it>

:)

FLeXington, Jan 31, 2016
  2. Control- Win User

windows insider app for wp8.1 not working

but I was using it a week ago

Control-, Jan 31, 2016
  3. WHY exactly does W10 have a lock screen?

Hi,

To address your concern, the Windows 10 lock screen is important to secure personal files and information from being compromised, especially when the Windows 10 device is a shared device or it got lost.

For further queries, feel free to post.

Regards.

Michelle Her, Jan 31, 2016
  4. compromised and lost control

If you think your network is compromised then it might be worth contacting your ISP and asking for your IP address to be changed.

garydexter, Jan 31, 2016
  5. swarfega Win User
    I would also think about formatting and doing a clean install and change your login password.

swarfega, Jan 31, 2016
  6. davidhk Win User
    MOST IMPORTANTLY.........................

Assuming that you are right, that someone has gained access to your computer.

Do you have confidential info/documents stored in the computer ?
    Bank account ? Credit cards numbers ? Official ID numbers ?

If yes, you have better run to the bank, talk to the bank manager, cancel current credit cards, request new ones issued.
    Go to appropriate government branch, request a new ID.

davidhk, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

compromised and lost control

1. compromised and lost control - Similar Threads - compromised lost control

2. Device compromised

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Device compromised: My computer had malware implemented into the system. I reset it. However, I still am finding remnants of my files wanting to forward to a printer that I never owned. Why didn't this clear through the reset? How can I delete this? The printer isn't showing up in my devices....
  3. Accounts Compromised, Network Compromised, Computer Compromised.

Accounts Compromised, Network Compromised, Computer Compromised.: Does anyone have any advice to help me find devices that are being used to see my online activity? I have tried the basics, but I can't get these individuals to stop using what I'm doing as an opportunity to harm me....
  4. Accounts Compromised, Network Compromised, Computer Compromised.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Accounts Compromised, Network Compromised, Computer Compromised.: Does anyone have any advice to help me find devices that are being used to see my online activity? I have tried the basics, but I can't get these individuals to stop using what I'm doing as an opportunity to harm me....
  5. Accounts Compromised, Network Compromised, Computer Compromised.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. compromised account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    compromised account: a new phone number was added to my account that wasnt mine. now everytime i try to change any info ie pass words i am asked to enter a code from that number. i requested a security info update and was told it takes 30 days. this date keeps changing and the last request was...
  7. compromised account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    compromised account: a new phone number was added to my account that wasnt mine. now everytime i try to change any info ie pass words i am asked to enter a code from that number. i requested a security info update and was told it takes 30 days. this date keeps changing and the last request was...
  8. Account compromised

Account compromised: I keep receiving e-mails from Microsoft with codes to change my password, but I didn't ask for it. So, I searched if there was someone trying to access my account. There's tries from United States, Poland, South Africa. Bruh, wat? Is there some way to block it? I tried many...
  9. Account compromised.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Account compromised.: So today I got onto my PC to find that my account gamertag changed and some random xbox I do not own was playing and installing games with my account. I changed my password and my email but they persisted to play on my account and download my games. How do I get this person...
  10. Lost administration control

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Lost administration control: Today I lost my administrative permissions on my pc and I can’t fix it, I’ve tried accessing the admin command prompt and I can’t, I can’t create new users or anything. I don’t know what to do, only thing I haven’t tried is a factory reset of my pc, is there anything else I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. hey! i compromised your account and gained full access to it