Windows 10: Compromised email and facebook

Discus and support Compromised email and facebook in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Recently I was asked how to find out if someone used your email and facebook account to send derogatory and threatening messages to people. Is it... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by bull dog law, Nov 23, 2019.

1. Compromised email and facebook

Recently I was asked how to find out if someone used your email and facebook account to send derogatory and threatening messages to people. Is it possible to discover and prove where those nastygrams were sent from and by whom (assuming it was not the email/facebook account holder). No other person had access to their account.

Thank you for any help you can provide.

:)

bull dog law, Nov 23, 2019

2. Email Compromised

Hi,

I'm Diego Rios, an Independent Advisor willing to help other Microsoft customers.

I am very sorry to hear that your account has been compromised.

Please follow all steps in the Microsoft Compromised Account solution in order to protect your account.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/10494/...

Please let me know if this helped and works.

Best Regards,

Diego R.

Diego Rios_06, Nov 23, 2019
  3. msapster Win User
    Email Compromised

My email was compromised and i'm trying to setup my computer with the updated email but your setting keep making me wait 28 days. Why do I have to wait that long to change my email?

msapster, Nov 23, 2019
  4. John Vil Win User

Compromised email and facebook

Disable notifications from Facebook and email

Hi Steve,

To assist you further with your concern regarding pop-ups, kindly answer the questions below:

• Do these notifications pop-up even if you are not using Internet Explorer?
    • Have you made any changes lately on your computer before this happened?

If you have already turned on the pop-up blockers in your Internet Explorer and are still getting notifications from Facebook or you email, we suggest you check on the notifications settings on your PC. Follow the steps below to turn off notifications for
    specific apps on your PC:

• Click on the Start menu.
    • Click on the Gear icon to open the Settings window.
    • On the left panel, select Notifications & actions.
    • Scroll down and look for the app that keeps on notifying you that you wish to stop. Once you see Facebook or Mail on the list, toggle the switch to turn it off.

Let us know how it goes.

John Vil, Nov 23, 2019
Thema:

Compromised email and facebook

1. Compromised email and facebook - Similar Threads - Compromised email facebook

2. Email compromised, hackers are cancelling email change requests

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Email compromised, hackers are cancelling email change requests: Hello my friend's microsoft account has been compromised by a chinese minecraft account reselling service under the name of McBaozi, because the email was under it's domain. It's opperating in Wenzhou, China. Because it said that when we went on the site with a proxy and...
  3. Windows Email Account Compromised

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Email Account Compromised: Hi,unfortunately my Windows account email has been compromised.The intruder was able to change the email and the password of the account, thus locking me out. Microsoft offers a manual procedure to recover access, but despite entering all the info that I can the team does not...
  4. Windows Email Account Compromised

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Email Account Compromised: Hi,unfortunately my Windows account email has been compromised.The intruder was able to change the email and the password of the account, thus locking me out. Microsoft offers a manual procedure to recover access, but despite entering all the info that I can the team does not...
  5. Windows Email Account Compromised

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. My email has been compromised

My email has been compromised: Whilst remotely connected to our server, I received two emails from a colleague, I replied to them and as we have read receipts turned on, my two receipts were received by the sender from different countries in Africa. Our network administrator is clearing up my account and...
  7. Email has been compromised

Email has been compromised: I suddenly had all my email sent to deleted and now I have to go to the deleted emails to read my emails. I am not getting anything on Inbox anymore. It all started after a dropbox email was sent from my email supposedly to like 20 email contacts, it then got all messed up...
  8. Unsolicited Facebook emails

in Browsers and Email
    Unsolicited Facebook emails: I'm not a Facebook member. I am getting Facebook emails. Is there any explanation for this other than someone has used my email to start an account? Is this just typical spam? There is a link to unsubscribe, but given Facebook history, I don't want to have any contact with...
  9. Unsolicited Facebook emails

in Windows 10 Support
    Unsolicited Facebook emails: I'm not a Facebook member. I am getting Facebook emails. Is there any explanation for this other than someone has used my email to start an account? Is this just typical spam? There is a link to unsubscribe, but given Facebook history, I don't want to have any contact with...
  10. Email Compromised

Email Compromised: My email was compromised and i'm trying to setup my computer with the updated email but your setting keep making me wait 28 days. Why do I have to wait that long to change my email?...