Windows 10: Compromised microsoft account flaw

Discus and support Compromised microsoft account flaw in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Dear Microsoft agents , My question is related to the previous thread on what happens if you remove a computer from the devices section in Microsoft... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by JoshE_17, Jun 11, 2020.

1. JoshE_17 Win User

Compromised microsoft account flaw

Dear Microsoft agents ,

My question is related to the previous thread on what happens if you remove a computer from the devices section in Microsoft account area

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-happens-when-you-remove-a-pc-from-your/064ad2be-c899-44bb-b8ec-ed7de54681fb

I had a Samsung laptop two in one which got stolen a few weeks ago and last week I realised the password was hidden near the laptop. I already removed the laptop remotely from the Microsoft account but what I'm worried about is that they can use that password to override the pin and then get access to all of my files which are offline in the OneDrive.

I tried to change the password but the associated security email is from a university account and for some reason when I log in it has been disabled even though the university said I would always have that email. This university account also has an active Azure subscription which I am still paying bills for and yet I cannot even access Azure. When I try to contact Azure, the form does not complete on this mobile and there is some kind of bug when trying to fill in the reasons for contacting them.

So because I cannot access the security email to change the password, I added the two step verification of a phone number. But then it says on the security page that the change will take effect in 30 days meanwhile my account is still accessible to the Thief.

I called up Microsoft but they couldn't do anything about it and instead created a case number 1005771625 but I have not heard anything after more than a week.

I think if I remove the device remotely from the Microsoft account it shouldn't allow them to log back in correct? Before I removed it, I also locked it but then realised this has no effect if they log in when they are offline. Or do they need the internet to log into the account? I really just needed the two step verification to be implemented immediately with the phone number and I don't understand why it has to wait 30 days.

Thanks for any assistance.

Josh

:)

JoshE_17, Jun 11, 2020
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Compromised Microsoft account

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that your query regarding Microsoft account. I’ll certainly assist you with the details.

As you have mentioned that your account has been compromised, I would suggest you to refer the article on
    How to recover a hacked or compromised Microsoft account, which
    will help you in recovering your account.

For additional information, refer
    Reset or recover your Microsoft account

If you still face issues, do not worry, you can certainly get in touch with our Microsoft account by following the article on

Get account help by email
    or you can
    Chat with Microsoft support

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jun 11, 2020
  3. My Microsoft Account is compromised

My Microsoft Account is compromised. Recently I have found out that somebody is trying to access my data. This person created a Microsoft account on another computer and is tracking my moves using browsing history. Please suggest a way to delete all my
    accounts and log-ins

MikeSalmon1, Jun 11, 2020
  4. sam02 Win User

App store and Microsoft account

Thank you for the advice

I see what you mean about the password but i think its a backward step to compromise my Microsoft password to to use the app store

sam02, Jun 11, 2020
Thema:

1. Compromised microsoft account flaw - Similar Threads - Compromised microsoft account

2. Microsoft Account compromised

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Account compromised: As of recent, I noticed that my Microsoft account email details have been changed to a random spam email, and my password changed. I've tried contacting support but to no avail. I can't recover it, because I was logged out of my account, and my contact details deleted. I...
  3. Microsoft Account compromised

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft Account compromised: As of recent, I noticed that my Microsoft account email details have been changed to a random spam email, and my password changed. I've tried contacting support but to no avail. I can't recover it, because I was logged out of my account, and my contact details deleted. I...
  4. Microsoft Account compromised

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. microsoft account compromised

in Windows 10 Gaming
    microsoft account compromised: i feel like my microsoft account was hijacked, someone was at my house whos a hacker and i let them on my computer to fix something and they made a microsoft family with my account and put me as the child, now when i go on rewards tab it shows their name...
  6. microsoft account compromised

microsoft account compromised: i feel like my microsoft account was hijacked, someone was at my house whos a hacker and i let them on my computer to fix something and they made a microsoft family with my account and put me as the child, now when i go on rewards tab it shows their name...
  7. Compromised Microsoft accounts?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Compromised Microsoft accounts?: Hey, I think I have been compromised through IMAP. I dont know any other way they can access my accounts? All my accounts have secured passwords, no malware has been installed or detected by Norton, I have 2 step verification, but now through activity I can see them removes...
  8. Compromised Microsoft accounts?

Compromised Microsoft accounts?: Hey, I think I have been compromised through IMAP. I dont know any other way they can access my accounts? All my accounts have secured passwords, no malware has been installed or detected by Norton, I have 2 step verification, but now through activity I can see them removes...
  9. Compromised Microsoft account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Compromised Microsoft account: I received an email from Microsoft that the account associated my email address *** Email address is removed for privacy *** had been compromised because of password changes etc. Unfortunately since this wasn't my main account I used different variations of my name and...
  10. microsoft account compromised

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    microsoft account compromised: today I got email that my account may have been compromised then I saw my recent activity at 3.10am there was an attempt to sign in from usa and chile country on the right side it was written sign in failed it means anyone can compromise my account right? where do they got my...