Windows 10: Compter Restarting or Shuts down on it own opening a blank command Prompt before hand.

Discus and support Compter Restarting or Shuts down on it own opening a blank command Prompt before hand. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Like the title says, my computer keeps on either Restarting(by restarting I mean, it actually Shuts down (displaying the shutdown blue screen and not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by WarStudio, Aug 21, 2019.

1. WarStudio Win User

Compter Restarting or Shuts down on it own opening a blank command Prompt before hand.

Like the title says, my computer keeps on either Restarting(by restarting I mean, it actually Shuts down (displaying the shutdown blue screen and not the restarting one)and turns back on.) on its own or Shuts down on its own often opening a blank command prompt before it does it.

I was using my computer to browse Facebook and YouTube using Microsoft Edge when randomly, out of nowhere a blank command prompt opened and then my PC just suddenly shuts down. of course I thought it was some random system error so I turned it back on, it turned on normally (or as normal as it has been for the past 2 years), I typed my password, it starts up normally, I opened Steam, Uplay, and OBS Studio(yes, that's somewhat a daily routine for me.), and then it just opened a blank command prompt and shuts down.

Sometimes I have (sometimes I don't) enough time to go to " Start > Settings > Update & Security > Recovery > Restart now ". launching my computer into all 3 types of safe mode. for at least 30 minutes (that's as far as I've recorded it, of note: it doesn't turn off or restarts on its own. I actually have to do that manually)

I'll be updating this every 2 to 3 hours starting from:

Time: 3:00pm

Time zone: UTC +8

Date MM/DD/YYYY: 08/21/2019

:)

WarStudio, Aug 21, 2019
  2. cwtech Win User

command prompt will not open in safe mode with command prompt

Would I just follow the same steps within safe mode after hooking up to the other system?

cwtech, Aug 21, 2019
  3. cwtech Win User

I am repairing a laptop for a friend and I need to access windows in safe mode and the owner has forgotten the password to the main user. I tried logging on with the administrator profile in safe mode but it is not showing up so I was going to use command prompt in safe mode with command prompt but command prompt will not open when I boot that option. Does anyone have any hints for me to figure this out?

cwtech, Aug 21, 2019
  4. Caring1 Win User

Compter Restarting or Shuts down on it own opening a blank command Prompt before hand.

Command prompt is only accessible from the Administrative Profile, this is to prevent general users from accessing and bypassing controls.
    One method is to remove the drive and connect it to another system.

Caring1, Aug 21, 2019
Thema:

1. Compter Restarting or Shuts down on it own opening a blank command Prompt before hand. - Similar Threads - Compter Restarting Shuts

2. Restart + Shutting down

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Restart + Shutting down: Hey guys, nice to see you. I have problem with windows restart and shut down. Everytime I try to restart or shut down my PC from windows menu it stuck on restarting / shutting down screen.And I need to force restart/shut down from the physical button on the Pc case. I cant go...
  3. Restart + Shutting down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restart + Shutting down: Hey guys, nice to see you. I have problem with windows restart and shut down. Everytime I try to restart or shut down my PC from windows menu it stuck on restarting / shutting down screen.And I need to force restart/shut down from the physical button on the Pc case. I cant go...
  4. Shut down does restart and settings will not open.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Shut down does restart and settings will not open.: Woke up....and things not working. Settings will not open...get gear page and nothing else. Shut down will not shut down....auto restart happens. Not sure what happened or what to do. Thanks....
  5. Command prompt not opening

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Command prompt not opening: Hi All, Whenever I try to open a command prompt in windows 10 it crashes automatically. Please assist how to fix the same. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/command-prompt-not-opening/cc3ba5c9-0dda-421b-b0af-d3e128135a1c
  6. Explorer.exe doesn't start on it's own, Command Prompt isn't opening

in Windows 10 Support
    Explorer.exe doesn't start on it's own, Command Prompt isn't opening: Not sure why this is started happening, my anti-virus is not showing any problems in terms of malware, but my explorer.exe stopped booting on its own, I can't access command prompt because it just doesn't start, every time I restart my PC it logs me out of everything on...
  7. Windows command prompt goes blank

Windows command prompt goes blank: I cannot see what I write in command prompt. I t goes blank. I tried uninstalling my third party anti virus but no luck. Still I cannot see what I write in command prompt. Requesting you to please help me to resolve this issue. I have uploaded a photo of the issue. I need to...
  8. Command prompt not opening

Command prompt not opening: Hi, I recently installed a windows 10 update and noe cmd.exe does not work. I hvae tried many different methods to open it but all that happens is a small window flashes up ont he screen for a split second then dissapears. any ideas? s8on...
  9. BSOD before shutting down

BSOD before shutting down: When I shut down my laptop, the screen went black like normal shutdown, but suddenly BSOD with IRQL LESS THAN OR EQUAL. Device Model: ASUS X450LCP (https://www.asus.com/Laptops/X450LC/HelpDesk_Download/) Here is the minidump file:...
  10. Command Prompt Not Opening

in Windows 10 Support
    Command Prompt Not Opening: Recently attempting to open Command prompt, ordinary or as administrator, it flashes for perhaps 2 seconds and then disappears. I tried the following commands sfc /scannow DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth But none of these seem to work, I'm wondering if there...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. command prompt opens on its own