Windows 10: Computer 1 visible to network but network not visible to Computer 1

Discus and support Computer 1 visible to network but network not visible to Computer 1 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a simple home network with multiple devices connected to it. On the network I have have several external hard drives connected thru my ASUS... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by tlpooles, Dec 22, 2018.

1. tlpooles Win User

Computer 1 visible to network but network not visible to Computer 1

I have a simple home network with multiple devices connected to it. On the network I have have several external hard drives connected thru my ASUS router. These hard drives are visible to all computers on the network with the exception of a laptop running Windows 10. All other computers are Windows 7. I can see the Network infrastructure from the laptop (ASUS router) but nothing else. I can actually connect to the laptop from other computers on the network and access files as needed, but I am unable to see any devices on the laptop, so I am unable to access the hard drives or other computers. Any ideas? I have file sharing turned on.

:)

tlpooles, Dec 22, 2018
  2. sheisel Win User

Computer not visible on network if Windows Defender Firewall is on

I have a computer on a private network that is not visible from any computer unless I turn off the Windows Defender Firewall. All are running Windows 10.
    Network settings for private network are the same for 5 computers.

Computer 1 visible to network but network not visible to Computer 1 [​IMG]

The following services were all set as follows on all computers after a recent update.
    Function Discovery Provider Host - ON and Automatic
    Function Discovery Resource Publication - ON and Automatic

Is there a way to set the windows firewall to allow the computer to be visible without keeping it off?

Thanks

sheisel, Dec 22, 2018
  3. My computer is not visible on network

When I reboot my computer that was visible on network it can no longer be seen by the other computer on the same network. The only way I have found to solve this problem is to do a network reset. Is there a way to solve this problem because at it stands
    now I never close my computer.

DavidFlahaut, Dec 22, 2018
  4. Artur__ Win User

Computer visibility on the local network

Hi,

I need help to find out why two computers display different list of computers in the network (file explorer). Let's say laptop A displays 8 computers and laptop B displays 16 computers, at the same time.

Both computers, A and B:

- have same version of Windows: 10, 64 bit, 1709 16299.248,

- have same settings of wired network card,

- were connected to same simple, not managed switch, one socket next to another,

- belong to the same domain, both users are domain accounts (of same domain of course),

- LAN is only network connected, no WiFi neither VPN active,

- Network and Sharing Center, same settings: domain network, access to internet,

- sharing options of network profiles: domain as current profile, network discovery enabled, file and printer sharing enabled,

- same Windows functions installed (including SMB 1.0/CIFS, all options),

- same Windows services active (including DNS Client, Function Discovery Resource Publication, SSDP Discovery, UPnP Device Host),

- same "ipconfig /all" output about: Gateway, DHCP Server, DNS Servers, Primary WINS Server, NetBIOS over Tcpip, IPv6 (different ID of course),

- have "Norton Security" managing Windows Firewall, with same network security level trust: "Private".

We moved temporarily both laptops to other switches, there were same visibility differences, we've wait several minutes after moving.

This issue exists quite a long time, I don't remember how long exactly. A few weeks ago I tried to reset network on laptop A (Windows - Setttings - Network - Network reset), visibility didn't change.

There is one domain server and one DHCP server on the network, and both laptops have same settings, of DHCP and domain.

All computers, including A and B, belong to one network, 24 mask (same IP address part: 10.X.Y.), A has *.23, B has *.27 IP address.

Computers visible to B and not visible to A belong to the domain, too.

Domain accounts have same options, groups, etc.

What can I do more to find source of the problem?

Artur__, Dec 22, 2018
Thema:

1. Computer 1 visible to network but network not visible to Computer 1 - Similar Threads - Computer visible network

2. Network not visible

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network not visible: So, unc paths are not resolving anymore. Just started happening.Windows 11EG: \\server\share will not show anything.Other machines can see the share just fine. Quite a problem happening on the Admins computer.any suggestions ?NOTE: Most of the suggestions have already been...
  3. Network not visible

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Network not visible: So, unc paths are not resolving anymore. Just started happening.Windows 11EG: \\server\share will not show anything.Other machines can see the share just fine. Quite a problem happening on the Admins computer.any suggestions ?NOTE: Most of the suggestions have already been...
  4. Computer not visible in network folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer not visible in network folder: I have 4 computers running Win10 21H2 on my home LAN. I have network file sharing enabled on each computer.All the computers can see each other's network shares, except for one machine that's doesn't show in the "Network" icon from anywhere, not even from itself when locally...
  5. Computer not visible in network folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer not visible in network folder: I have 4 computers running Win10 21H2 on my home LAN. I have network file sharing enabled on each computer.All the computers can see each other's network shares, except for one machine that's doesn't show in the "Network" icon from anywhere, not even from itself when locally...
  6. Computer not visible in network folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Network visibility

Network visibility: Just got a new modem and my W10 won't see it but does see some others. What can I do? I have rebooted. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/network-visibility/c79d97d3-c6c8-4348-b742-5feced4ce874
  8. Network computers accessable but not visible

Network computers accessable but not visible: I've had some issues with my familys network. Some of the computers don't show up in windows network. If I enter the computer's name I can log into it just fine, but unless I manually navigate it doesn't appear....
  9. my computer is not visible on network

my computer is not visible on network: Hello I have problem with my computer. I can see other computers on "Network", but others can't see me. If I try to connect to other computer i got this error Error code 0x80070035...
  10. Making all computers visible on network

Making all computers visible on network: I have the most recent form of Windows 10. We have 3 laptops and 1 desktop. After the most recent Windows 10 update, we can't see any other computers on the network from the laptops, but we can see all of them from the desktop. Because the desktop is not viewable, we...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. NETWORK COMPUTER VISIBLE THEN NOT VISIBLE