Windows 10: Computer Abnormally slow/ freezes on simple tasks/ windows explorer crashes causing force...

Discus and support Computer Abnormally slow/ freezes on simple tasks/ windows explorer crashes causing force... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Good evening, I have been having problems with my computer for several months now. I have been trying to diagnosis the problem, however, I can't seem... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Mitchell000, May 8, 2019.

1. Computer Abnormally slow/ freezes on simple tasks/ windows explorer crashes causing force...

Good evening,

I have been having problems with my computer for several months now. I have been trying to diagnosis the problem, however, I can't seem to find the problem to it.

Problem:

• A simple task like using the taskbar can even freeze the computer forcing a restart.
    • Another would be trying to use the internet(google chrome in my case) and freezes as well.
    • Using applications also would cause this to happen as well(more prominent in using the app discord).
    • While using it for gaming, it freezes for the first 5-10 mins on the game's startup regardless of what game, then it steadies out and performs as expected.

From what I have read, many say that there could be a problem with my hard drive.
    I would think so too as I have had to consistently scan and repair my C: Drive on startup.

I started to question the age of my hardware as I thought it could also be because my CPU is old.

Current PC Specs:

Processor: Inter Core I7-4770K 3.5 GHz

Ram: Corsair Vengeance 4x 4 GB DDR3

GPU: Geforce Gtx 760 2GB GDDR5

MotherBoard: Asus P8Z77-V LK

HardDrive: WD Black 3TB WD3003FZEX

Things I have tried:

• I have tried to clean the hardware inside the PC of any dust or grit that may trouble the fans and CPU.
    • I have defragged the Hard Drive multiple times.
    • Replugged the cables for both the SSD Drive and Hard drive to the power supply in case a cable was faulty.
    • Used Performance Monitor to check for possible failures, but every Basic System Check passed.
    • Used Windows Memory Diagnostics to see if it was possible my RAM had been causing some issues which came up with no failure.

*Note that I am very unfamiliar with computer hardware, so I really do not understand what the issue is at the moment. I wanted to consult someone before I either try to buy new parts or perhaps bring it in, but that would be far too expensive.*

Thank you,

Mitchell

:)

Mitchell000, May 8, 2019

2. Internet Explorer is slow, crashing, freezing

Hi Albert,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

Method 1: I would suggest you to run the Internet Explorer performance troubleshooter which would tell us the reason behind the issue and check.

Follow these steps to run Internet Explorer Performance troubleshooter.

• Click on search and type troubleshooting.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Run Internet Explorer Performance troubleshooter.

Method 2: Follow the steps suggested in this link and check if it helps.

What to do when Internet Explorer isn't working

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/internet-explorer/ie-crashes-stops-working#ie=ie-11

Reset Internet Explorer disclaimer: The Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature might reset security settings or privacy settings that you added to the list of Trusted Sites. The Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature
    might also reset parental control settings. We recommend that you note these sites before you use the Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature.

Method 3: I would suggest you to run
    System Maintenance Troubleshooter
    and check if it helps:

• Press Windows + X key. 
    • Select Control panel.
    • In the search box, type Troubleshooter and then click
      Troubleshooting.
    • Under System and Security,
    • Click on System Maintenance and Click on Next button.

Hope this information is helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, May 8, 2019
  3. Rakesh81 Win User
    Slow operation, crashes and freezing since windows 10

Hi Anil

Thanks for your reply.

I tried the above and no difference.

In answer to your questions please see below.

• What does it freezing? Is Internet Explorer freezing or computer is freezing?Rakesh: it's mainly the computer freezing. I don't use Internet Explorer

• As you said that slow operation, what is running slow? Are you not able to open any files/applications? Rakesh: The main thing which is slow more often than not is windows explorer.
      Also sometimes when I hit the start key or search through 'ask me anything' the computer freeezes.

• Does your PC hangs? Rakesh: The PC does hang, sometimes for 10-15mins before recovering or requiring a manual restart.

Thanks

Rakesh

Rakesh81, May 8, 2019
  4. Computer Abnormally slow/ freezes on simple tasks/ windows explorer crashes causing force...

all games crash!

ive watch my temps and both the cpu and gpu are within normal ranges. when it freezes it simply freezes the image and stops the sound. i must reboot to get back to windows.

Easy Rhino, May 8, 2019
Thema:

Computer Abnormally slow/ freezes on simple tasks/ windows explorer crashes causing force...

1. Computer Abnormally slow/ freezes on simple tasks/ windows explorer crashes causing force... - Similar Threads - Computer Abnormally slow

2. Windows Freezing Computers To Force Updates

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Freezing Computers To Force Updates: I've noticed this on atleast 6 different forced updates from microsoft. We all know how these unneeded updates are forced on everyone who uses windows, but lately we've been given false hope. Microsoft recently has acted like you have a choice on when to update. That's simply...
  3. Windows Explorer Slows and Freezes fix

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Explorer Slows and Freezes fix: Hello everyone. I was having an issue where Windows Explorer kept freezing if I chose "open with" in the context menu. I disabled the Windows Search Service and while at first it seemed to help, it didn't really resolve the issue. I then started experiencing thumbnails not...
  4. Window Explorer behaving abnormally.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Window Explorer behaving abnormally.: [ATTACH] taking too long to load no icons on files Sometimes it take too long to load. Is there any way to fix this or know what it is trying to do so I can find a solution?? I have a SSD so hardware should not be the problem. And when it is loading i checked the...
  5. Windows Update Error - Potentially causing Computer Freeze/Crash

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update Error - Potentially causing Computer Freeze/Crash: My PC is randomly freezing/crashing with, the screen displays freezing and all USB devices won't work. Originally, it occurred often when I played Monster Hunter World and sometimes when I'd Alt+Tab from the game. However, it has now started occurring even when I only have...
  6. Computer randomly freezes causing a force shutdown/restart

Computer randomly freezes causing a force shutdown/restart: My computer randomly freezes causing me to have to force a shutdown or restart. There is no malware and I've tried disabling hardware acceleration in Chrome. I noticed this started happening after the Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter was removed in version 1809. My NVIDIA...
  7. Windows Explorer crashes/freezes.

Windows Explorer crashes/freezes.: Hello, I am experiencing an issue with my Windows 10 version. While using Chrome or Edge or Firefox when trying to use the Save as function Explorer tends to freeze up or crash my desktop. While having Task Manager open the HDD in use/saving to, is pinned at 100% with...
  8. File Explorer New context menu causes Explorer to freeze and crash

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer New context menu causes Explorer to freeze and crash: After installing the Windows 10 October 2018 Update, the New context menu no longer works. If I right-click an empty area in File Explorer and move to the New menu, Explorer freezes and then crashes. Same thing happens if I click on the New Item icon on the toolbar. The...
  9. Is Edge browser causing Desktop freezes and abnormal Shutdowns?

in Browsers and Email
    Is Edge browser causing Desktop freezes and abnormal Shutdowns?: I do not know which forum to post this question. This is a new computer build, and occasionally (like every 3 to 5 hours) the desktop GUI freezes, or the computer powers down on its own into a black screen (with no cursor) I tried pressing CTRL+ALT+DEL or CTRL+SHIFT+ESC, but...
  10. My Internet is abnormally slow and its the computer's fault

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My Internet is abnormally slow and its the computer's fault: -------------------// English is not my first language. Hi, I recently acquired a HP laptop with windows 10 but the internet become pretty slow. It was not like that before, it just started to deteriorate. I made some updates and changes some stuff, and it might have been...