Windows 10: Computer acting strange

Discus and support Computer acting strange in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I get random instances of cmd opening showing either "txdata.exe" and "." for a split second and there's this "RIIF" folder open in my task manager Now... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Nakuhito, Jun 30, 2022.

1. Nakuhito Win User

Computer acting strange

I get random instances of cmd opening showing either "txdata.exe" and "." for a split second and there's this "RIIF" folder open in my task manager Now gone after writing this postThis happens randomly every hour or soRIIF : https://imgur.com/xoud1ld"." : https://imgur.com/pwORwqxtxdata.exe : https://imgur.com/hOz2YOtIt's a fresh install of Windows 10 Pro x64

:)

Nakuhito, Jun 30, 2022

2. Someone please help! Sister's computer is acting very strange!

I have her computer listed in my system specs. Its an Acer Aspire 5749 Series Laptop. Yes, I ran an antivirus scan the day before yesterday, and it detected a PUP. But, it removed it. So, I then ran a scan with MBAM and SAS and they found no threats.

Jesse Williams, Jun 30, 2022
  3. caperjack Win User
    Someone please help! Sister's computer is acting very strange!

nothing strange about any of that ,whats strange is you expect people to know why its doing it ,when you tell us nothing about your sisters computer specs ,so post as much as you can about the computer and when it started doing this ,like what major change she done just before it started acting up ,,,,,, did she scan it for viruses yet

caperjack, Jun 30, 2022
  4. abrogard Win User

Computer acting strange

Windows Explorer acting strangely..

Thanks for the thought.

Just this morning, right now, I saw it opened on 'quick access' (fortunately not hanging this time) even though I've tried to disable that so I had a sudden thought and went into the view stuff again and sure enough found right at the top a choice of where explorer should open: 'quick access' or 'this pc'.

So I have set it for 'this pc' and maybe that'll be the fix.

Computer acting strange [​IMG]

and while I was sticking that screenshot in this post I noticed explorer opened with this date grouping thing again, which I hate and I thought I had removed.... I'll try again...

Computer acting strange [​IMG]

wouldn't it be good if we could get up a sort of list, like a spreadsheet list maybe, listing down the column all the nonstandards features we've either chosen to implement or MS has stuck in there for us or third party software has put in.... with columns across the sheet detailing what it does and how/if it is necessary for this or that or nothing and enabling us to simply put a checkmark in a cell and have the feature disabled?

Maybe even a cell at the top we can check and have the whole sheet go back to basic default?

Computer acting strange :)

abrogard, Jun 30, 2022
Thema:

Computer acting strange

1. Computer acting strange - Similar Threads - Computer acting strange

2. Computer acting strange

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer acting strange: There seems to be something blocking my input. When I hear a chime that a device has been plugged in my mouse and keyboard stop functioning like normal. Once this chime is heard the computer will not even accept input from the on screen keyboard. When I try to use a right...
  3. Computer acting strange

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer acting strange: There seems to be something blocking my input. When I hear a chime that a device has been plugged in my mouse and keyboard stop functioning like normal. Once this chime is heard the computer will not even accept input from the on screen keyboard. When I try to use a right...
  4. Computer acting strange

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer acting strange: Recently I've had a very strange issue with my computer. Upon booting up it will not accept most input from my keyboard or mouse. What's so odd about it is that some things will work and some things won't. If I don't put in my PIN number quick enough and the keyboard stops...
  5. Computer acting strange

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer acting strange: Recently I've had a very strange issue with my computer. Upon booting up it will not accept most input from my keyboard or mouse. What's so odd about it is that some things will work and some things won't. If I don't put in my PIN number quick enough and the keyboard stops...
  6. Computer acting strange

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Computer acting strange

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer acting strange: I get random instances of cmd opening showing either "txdata.exe" and "." for a split second and there's this "RIIF" folder open in my task manager Now gone after writing this postThis happens randomly every hour or soRIIF : https://imgur.com/xoud1ld"." :...
  8. Computer acting strange

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer acting strange: I get random instances of cmd opening showing either "txdata.exe" and "." for a split second and there's this "RIIF" folder open in my task manager Now gone after writing this postThis happens randomly every hour or soRIIF : https://imgur.com/xoud1ld"." :...
  9. My computer is acting strange after an update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My computer is acting strange after an update: My computer won’t let me go into the windows menu thing and my wallpaper is gone, and the only thing I can see that I had before my update is my icons submitted by /u/Lego-Brick [link] [comments]...
  10. DVD IS ACTING STRANGE

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    DVD IS ACTING STRANGE: HI I JUST PURCHASED A NEW HP ELITE X2 1012 G2. I HAVE A PLUG AND PLAY LG DVD DRIVE. I PLUG IT IN AND WINDOWS SEES IT THEN I PUT THE DVD IN. THE WINDOWS SAYS IT NEEDS A PLAYER FROM THE STORE. SO I DOWNLOADED THE PLAYER AND IT STILL WANTS A PLAYER? I WENT INTO THE PLAYER AND...