Windows 10: Computer acting up: Wallpaper changing to old people and unable to delete files

Discus and support Computer acting up: Wallpaper changing to old people and unable to delete files in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello, I got my Dell G5 about four months ago. Everything has been great up until the whole quarantine situation. I don't know if this has anything to... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by ZaneBurko, Mar 21, 2020.

1. ZaneBurko Win User

Computer acting up: Wallpaper changing to old people and unable to delete files

Hello,

I got my Dell G5 about four months ago. Everything has been great up until the whole quarantine situation. I don't know if this has anything to do with anything, but my computer only started acting weird once this whole thing started.

The first issue I'm addressing:Weird wallpaper changes every time I turn on the computer

On Thursday, I woke up to see five older men as my wallpaper. Computer acting up: Wallpaper changing to old people and unable to delete files [​IMG]

I don't know who they are or why they're on my screen. I immediately changed my password thinking someone used my login to change that online. I didn't even think of changing it. I had no time because I had to go to my online school. When I turned off my computer at the need of the day and opened it the next morning, GUCCI MANE WAS MY WALLPAPER. Computer acting up: Wallpaper changing to old people and unable to delete files 6f8845c4-8752-4cc8-898d-b8e212083cef?upload=true.jpg I was just perplexed and decided to change my password again. I booted my computer this morning, and LIL YACHTY was now on my screen! Computer acting up: Wallpaper changing to old people and unable to delete files 54a9d3a7-9d54-49fd-a31c-efb03589e3f7?upload=true.jpg

I don't know why this is happening, but I want answers and want to know if anyone else is having this issue. My account is very secure, and I am the only one who uses this computer. No one has access to my computer beside me.

Second issue: Unable to delete my files this morning

This morning I tried to delete a file I downloaded because I didn't need it, and my computer was no letting me delete it. I've never encountered this problem before. I have full administrator permissions on my computer, and I'm also the only user on this PC. It doesn't let me drag to the recycling bin, right-click and proceed to the drop-down menu and delete doesn't even give me the option, nor the actual delete key works.

I just really need to know what the actual heck is going on and fix it.

:)

ZaneBurko, Mar 21, 2020

2. unable to change the lock screen Wallpaper.

Hi,

I appreciate if you could answer few questions to narrow down to the issue.

• What is the exact issue that you are facing?

• Are you facing issues while trying to change the lock screen Wallpaper?

• Are you not able to choose the directory where the wallpapers has been saved?
    As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to restart the computer and check if you are able to successfully change the lock screen wallpaper.

• From Desktop, right click and select
      Personalize

• In Personalization window, click on
      Lock Screen
      in the left pane.

• And choose wallpaper you would like to apply for the lock screen by choosing the browse option.

• Close the Personalization window.
    If the issue still persists, please do reply with the required information. We will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Mar 21, 2020
  3. Change Administrator on old computer

Hello,

We appreciate that you post your concern here in the Community. To help you change the administrator account on your computer, you may need to
    create a new account first by following the steps provided in this article on how to
    create
    a local user or administrator account in Windows 10.
    Once you’re on the page, you may proceed with the steps, and then complete the process. After completing the given steps, you may check if you’re able to create a new user account
    on your device.

Furthermore, log in to the newly created admin account and then delete the old one from the
    Settings. To do this, you may proceed with the following steps below:

• Click Start > Settings > Accounts > Family & other people.
    • Under the Other people section, select the account that you want to delete, and then click the
      Remove button.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the process.
    • After completing the steps, you may check if you can properly remove the old account on your computer.

***If you think this was helpful, you may "mark it as an answer" to help those who are facing the same problem.***

If you have other concerns, feel free to post it here in the Community.

Joseph Ban, Mar 21, 2020
  4. Computer acting up: Wallpaper changing to old people and unable to delete files

ACT Pro 2013 will not open in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

The most likely causes on a standalone are a damaged or invalid .pad file or SQL is not running, or is damaged.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if the issue persists.

• Click your Windows Start button, choose Run and type in actdiag.

• When ACT! Diagnostics comes up, click Databases, the Database List.

• Locate your database in the list, right-click on it and select Detach. Make sure you know the filepath to your database before detaching it.

• When the database has been detached, open My Computer (or Windows Explorer) and browse to the location of your database.

• Locate the .PAD file for your database [database name].pad and delete it.

• Reopen ACT!...you will get a message that the last database opened cannot found, then will be taken to the Open Database dialog box.

• At the bottom of this box, change the Files of Type to .adf, browse to the location of your database and double-click on the .adf file for your database.

• You will get a message that ACT! will verify your database, click OK and ACT will reattach your database to SQL and create a new .pad file.

• Hope this helps.

Arvind Ram, Mar 21, 2020
Thema:

Computer acting up: Wallpaper changing to old people and unable to delete files

1. Computer acting up: Wallpaper changing to old people and unable to delete files - Similar Threads - Computer acting Wallpaper

2. File Explorer Acting Up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explorer Acting Up: Since 11/17, two computers on my network have experienced an issue with file explorer. They would open it up, and nothing would be showing except quick access, and it was trying to load. I was able to fixed this issue by restarting file explorer. Restarting the computer...
  3. Computer acting up.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer acting up.: I need desperate help. My PC's file explorer kept crashing and crashing, explorer.exe process, giving me a white screen with a flashing taskbar. I managed to access the control panel from using task manager crtl+alt+del and saw that explorer.exe crashed over 300 times in like...
  4. Deleted files acting strange

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Deleted files acting strange: So when I delete my files, they go to the recycle bin. But they also leave remnants behind which properties shows to be 0kB in size. I can't delete this remnant. This happens with pictures, folders, everything. It goes away when I delete it, sure. But once I reboot or switch...
  5. Still unable to delete old system files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Still unable to delete old system files: A while ago I moved to using an SSD as my main boot drive but kept my HDD as storage. I didn't want to wipe it so all of the old windows files are still on the drive. I have tried taking ownership of the files and also running the takeown command in an admin command prompt....
  6. Computer acting up and errors

Computer acting up and errors: Hello, I'd like to ask for help or advice because I'm getting clueless. PROBLEM Lots of errors in the Event Viewer - Application error ID 1000, Application Hang ID 1002, Application Error ID 1005, Service Control Manager ID 7023 and 7031, lots of DistributedCOM 10001 84x...
  7. Wallpaper changing into old images help

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Wallpaper changing into old images help: whenever I finish playing games or restarting my background wallpaper changes into old picture or rock band pictures that I haven't installed in my pc I tried unsyncing and changing my wallpaper into solid colors and still it changes I need help submitted by /u/KaRL_aYaG...
  8. Computers acting up

Computers acting up: Hi, So here's my situation, i've had my pc for a year and it has been working perfectly. then about 1 month ago the PC started acting up very weird. So firstly the pc has started to crash more often. It's not very often but while I'm playing games or watching youtube videos....
  9. Is my computer acting up ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Is my computer acting up ?: Forum's front page icons are all in pale green. Is that my computer's problem ? [img] 124326
  10. People I am scared! My wallpaper changed while I was use the computer.

in Windows 10 Customization
    People I am scared! My wallpaper changed while I was use the computer.: People I am scared! My wallpaper changed while I was use the computer. I editing a video while my wallpaper changed. The picture was black and white and there was a person, who I don't know. This is the picture. After this I unplug my Ethernet cable. Help me!...