Windows 10: computer admin./ new computer

Discus and support computer admin./ new computer in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I just bought a new computer from facebook and I have the password of one of the accounts on the computer but its not the main one for privacy reasons.... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by destinybarnitz, Jun 20, 2020.

1. computer admin./ new computer

I just bought a new computer from facebook and I have the password of one of the accounts on the computer but its not the main one for privacy reasons. Is there anyway I can change or reset the computer to allow me to have the ability to delete or change accounts? I have a Microsoft account of my own obviously and wish to have administrative authority on my new computer

:)

destinybarnitz, Jun 20, 2020

2. Unable to install the updates due to unknown admin account on Windows 10 computer

Hi,

Provide us additional information to assist you better with this issue:

• How many user accounts are there on your computer?
    • Are you using Microsoft account/ local account with admin rights?
    • Were you able to local the non-admin account on your computer?

If you are able to log-in to the computer, I suggest you to try the below to check the number of user accounts on your computer.

• Press Windows + R keys from the Keyboard.
    • Type netplwiz and click on Ok.

Check if you have enabled the Built-in admin account on your computer. If so, try to disable and check if it helps.

Follow the steps to Disable Built-in administrator.

• Press Windows + X key together on your desktop screen.
    • Click on Command Prompt (admin) to open Command Prompt.
    • Type the following command and hit Enter:
    • net user administrator /active: no (Check for the spaces)
    Restart the computer and check with the status of this issue.

Reply to the post with the required information and brief description about this issue for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Jun 20, 2020
  3. tater Win User
    Need ideas for new computer

if this is an upgrade computer... then i wouldnt suggest buying new ones and wasting $200-$300 on new ones.., especially if all the old stuff works fine

tater, Jun 20, 2020
  4. Sher Amo Win User

computer admin./ new computer

Computer Not Working

Hi,

Failure to access the Start menu and missing icons can be caused by a corrupted user profile. To isolate your concern, we suggest that you perform the following steps to trigger
    Safe Mode through the Windows Recovery Environment (WinRE) option and create a new user account. To do this, follow the steps below:

• Improper shutdown process
      • Turn on your computer. When the Windows logo is visible, unplug the power source of your computer. Perform this step three times.
      • On the fourth time that you turn on your computer, just simply wait for the
        Windows Recovery Environment (WinRE) window to appear.
    • On the Choose an option screen, select Troubleshoot > Advanced options > Startup Settings and click
      Restart.
    • Once your computer restarts, you will see a list of options. Press the
      F4
      key to start your computer in Safe Mode.

Once you were able to access Safe Mode, we suggest that you follow the steps provided on this
    link on how to create a local user or administrator
    account in Windows 10. By doing this, we may identify if this is an account related issue. The link also contains all the necessary information including the step on how to set up a new account in Windows 10.

Give us an update with the outcome.

Sher Amo, Jun 20, 2020
Thema:

computer admin./ new computer

1. computer admin./ new computer - Similar Threads - computer admin computer

2. Computer asking for Admin privileges

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer asking for Admin privileges: When i try to delete, create or edit something, its asking me for admin privileges, or it has an admin shield on it. How do i fix this? Not sure how to fix the problem. Cannot provide proof because my computer is not allowing me too....
  3. Admin account on computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Admin account on computer: So I have a computer that was originally all set up by my former boyfriend. It's his Gmail, name, and profile picture as the admin account. I never had my own. His is what I used. And i never really synced emails or anything. I even used my own Google and Hotmail for...
  4. Admin account on computer

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Admin account on computer: So I have a computer that was originally all set up by my former boyfriend. It's his Gmail, name, and profile picture as the admin account. I never had my own. His is what I used. And i never really synced emails or anything. I even used my own Google and Hotmail for...
  5. Admin account on computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. No Admin on my computer

No Admin on my computer: I just turned on my new computer and mistakenly set up my windows account as a Regular User instead of as an admin. How do I update my existing login to an administrator, or create a new login to serve as administrator? Or reinstall Windows in such a way as to restart the...
  7. No Admin on my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No Admin on my computer: I just turned on my new computer and mistakenly set up my windows account as a Regular User instead of as an admin. How do I update my existing login to an administrator, or create a new login to serve as administrator? Or reinstall Windows in such a way as to restart the...
  8. No Admin on my computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. New computer first login user admin account?

New computer first login user admin account?: I bought a new computer for my mom. When turning on for first time, it did not have any typical setup questions and opened with an “administrator account” with user ID of “h”. This seems very odd to me and I am leery about using personal credentials if this computer was...
  10. computer admin sign on

in Windows 10 Customization
    computer admin sign on: forgot password for computer admin sign on https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-admin-sign-on/9618473e-c7c2-4b11-82bc-deab2250e40e